Basic info on fluorescent lighting

I'm just about to start my first grow, I went to Menards today and picked up two duel tube florescent light fixtures (because they didn't have a suitable 4 tube fixture) and thought I'd throw in the extra few dollars for some "GRO-LUX" T12 48" 40 watt bulbs by SYLVANIA. I was wondering if anyone here had specific experience with this particular bulb and if it will be suitable for the entire cycle of the plants life. Thanks

Hello brothers and sisters of the green lady. i just start using a comb of just right xtra potting mix and root bags by aurora.hope to get a nice yield. with a 250 watts cfl lighting.any comments

sounds good you should get over an oz. per plant in 2/3 gal. pot. If you grow sativa or hybrid no need to veg. and with the soil combo you dont need to feed but a little extra guano/compost/earthworm cast never hurts.

Good Morning, I'm new to this site and have been reading everything I can get my hands on thus far. My husband is growing under HPS 600w and 1000w and its killing us financially. We're changing over to (2) Fluorescents 4ft 4bulb mix 3600k and 6500k fixtures for our grow room. I know we might need some side lighting if our plants get too tall.

Question: has anyone done the transfer like me and what difference was the electric bill? The fixtures and bulbs did not cost me much so the cost effectiveness for me would be in the monthly bill.

A bright light is comprised of a glass tube covered with phosphor, which is loaded with a mixture of gasses. At the point when electrical current is connected, it "energizes" the gasses, creating the tube to shine splendidly. ie: to "fluores". The tubing is covered with phosphor, which will focus the shading of the globule.

I'm growing with the same flourescents as you only i have four sets and my bill is 70 more a month. not bad at all. have you figured your difference yet? i am from the same area and am curious.

Ok so i know this sounds really cheap of me but I have one t5 24w strip fixture light from hydrofarm and I dont know what soil to use i might just get some regular organic stuff from the hydroponics store, BUT my main point is. Can this light by itself be enough for seedlings of autos. Or should I cut my loses and cop two Fluorescent bulbs from the store? Im trying to grow for the first time

Ok so i know this sounds really cheap of me but I have one t5 24w strip fixture light from hydrofarm and I dont know what soil to use i might just get some regular organic stuff from the hydroponics store, BUT my main point is. Can this light by itself be enough for seedlings of autos. Or should I cut my loses and cop two Fluorescent bulbs from the store? Im trying to grow for the first time

welcome sal, they have to be 6500k t5

Okay thanks for the quick reply. I will check on that. And then regular soil from seedlings is good you think? Ill be uploading a pic of my setup before germination for further advice :)

Ok. So i just check my t5 strip light and it has 6400k light spectrum. That should be okay right? And do you think some nutes already in the soil is ok for the seedlings? Cause i dont want to overwhelm them.

I have 3 60 watt cfl bulbs about 2 inches from 3 seedlings on 24 hours. Is this too close? Will the plants get too hot? The air around plants is noticeably warm though there is a fan on them .

If you can hold your hand where the plants are and be comfortable and not to hot your good. Postion fan over cfls to consantly cool cfls and u wont worry about anything

Back
Top Bottom