Basic LST question

Walrus

I have a question About getting my main stem to produce more nodes as until I started lst it was growing them a lot faster, which is to be expected but ideal I want a few more main branches on my plants.

All my new tops are growing well and I'm keeping the biggest tops tied down below the smaller ones that are still catching up.

Ideally my actual main stem will give me another 3-4 nodes but since starting lst it hasnt really grow much.. just pushed one node out.

Should I let them all even up and just wait or allow my real main stem to grow above all the new main stems to get the extra branches then bend it back down once I have enough?

I am only going to veg for 3 more weeks and at this rate I probably won't have any decent branches formed if I carry on as is.

Thanks

Once the growing tip dips below the rest of the plant, the higher portion takes over. If you want to push out more nodes on the terminal end it must be above the rest of the plant. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks I had a suspicion this was the case but wanted to get clarification, this is my first lst attempt. I will let the main stem be free again to get hose extra branches!

You can also top the branches that are above your main stem at the moment too to increase the number of branches.

I had tried to avoid topping as I didn't want to slow the growth of the plant but that is a really good idea, I already I have 10 decent sized branches plus the main stem and 4 tiny ones on each plant so I could just top the main stem and the decent branches and leave verything tied down.

If I did this now how long do you think it would slow the plants growth for?

Well thanks for the advice, I have released the main stems on all four of my plants so they can grow up a bit and I also topped the big branches and main stems on 2 plants, just big branches on one plant and left the main untopped and i left the smallest plant Alonę aside from releasing the main stem.

I can see how them all turn out then for comparison and future reference!

Back
Top Bottom