Basic question about mixing nutes and in tap water

jnt62

Hello
Do I need to measure EC before starting to mix my nutes to subtract from future readings as I add nutrient and water mix to the reservoir?

Thanks

If you base all yer levels on ec/ppm then yes

Water ppm is never figured into nute charts from manufacturer because it's an unknown factor

Thanks Chris. I assumed that was the case... When I couldn't find anything definitive after a few searches, I just had to ask.
Thanks again

We have hard water, 225 or so ppm out of the tap. I don’t subtract because I didn’t start that way. I follow the schedule GH gives for hydro and I’ve learned what to look for.

Do you use Hard Water Micro or the regular (assuming you're using GH's three-part Flora series)?

Do you use Hard Water Micro or the regular (assuming you're using GH's three-part Flora series)?
I use the regular. When I runout I’m switching.

We have hard water, 225 or so ppm out of the tap. I don’t subtract because I didn’t start that way. I follow the schedule GH gives for hydro and I’ve learned what to look for.
My water is very hard, and I add rain/RO to get it around 200ppm TDS. I use Sunshine Mix and the GH nutes schedule and don't even measure pH or TDS any more. I do use hard water micro.

Back
Top Bottom