Basic watering question

Passive Jay

I am sure this is on the site somewhere but I have not had any luck trying to find it.

I have read several diffferent guides on watering and all them give good advice on when to water but it is hard to track down how MUCH to water when you do. I read a guide that said add water until it comes out the bottom of the pot. Is that right? do you pour a certain amount and see if it comes out the bottom? how long do you wait? or do you just pour non stop until water comes out?

It just so happens that I did some study into this question. Read what I came up with, along with the 51,000 other people who have seen it! I think it will help answer your questions.

Looks like she beat me to it!-
Good Morning,Emilya...

well I screwed up. Checked them with the meter today and saw that they were ready to water so I did so. Turns out the meter was on the wrong setting and it most likely could have went another day or two. They already looked a bit overwatered so I am sure it did not do them any good, but hopefully did not do too much harm.

well I screwed up. Checked them with the meter today and saw that they were ready to water so I did so. Turns out the meter was on the wrong setting and it most likely could have went another day or two. They already looked a bit overwatered so I am sure it did not do them any good, but hopefully did not do too much harm.

All will be fine. Make sure you have enough drainage holes, as most "stock" pots do not, and increase your air circulation at "pot level". Also check out this link on the lift method:

Goodluck!

The plants will actually tell you when they need water-they will start to smell stronger than usual,and the leaves will start to wilt.
I always wait until my plants begin to wilt before watering them.
This is something I started doing in the 70's,when it was believed by some growers that water deprivation made for more thc production.
Don't know if it does anything for potency,but it does insure that a plant will never be overwatered.

Back
Top Bottom