Bassman Strips The Holy Grail Kush - Defoliated - RDWC - Undercurrent - Again

SUBBED!! Should be a awesome grow! I can't wait to start growing and smoking my own medication :D

But, I have a question for you bass, would you run multiple strains through the same RWDC? Or would each strain have its own reservoir with pump?

Relaxed Lester, Stealthgrow, B.I.D, Vick074 always good to see you guys in my journals.

Dawdeed, Welcome to 420mag! It's quite a journey to start growing your own meds. An usual story about it from me:

I haven't had a drink nor drug in over 35 yrs. I did well more than my fair share as a youngster. Being clean for that many years, you can imagine the conflict when I researched treatment ways for my mother's Alzheimer's disease. This is the reason I grow. She too hasn't had a drink nor drug (other than prescribed non mood altering) for over 35 yrs. And she never even smoked pot.

In this journey to grow I spent about 2-3 months researching and learning about the growing process. I highly suggest you do lots of research yourself. You'll be much happier. Get the right equipment from the start.

To answer your question, I have had 1 grow of two different strains. One was known to stretch far more than the others. The result was not very good. The taller girls really shaded out all the light even with all my manipulations of the plants to shorten them. So in the end, I suggest in small rdwc grows like mine, where space is limited, such as tents, stick to 1 strain at a time.

I also suggest it for the newcomer because each strain will react to nutrient mixes differently and this can be daunting to a newcomers grow. I now rotate 2-3 strains, all very similar. But each grow is the same.

Girls are doing great. But yet to be transferred to the tent and MH. So I'm at least 1 week behind on getting that done. Hopefully by the weekend I'll get it done and show picks of the process and where they're at.

ok this is just wierd, I can't figure out what's up.

Sunday I finally got the tent cleaned and moved the girls into the rdwc. I wanted to give them 1 light schedule to get their senses and then cut em down shorter for some lateral growth. It's too early for clones but I may have to anyways. Unfortunately they are drooping very oddly. I don't know why.

Water temp 68f
PH: 5.66
ppm: 800 or 1.6 e,c, on a .500 conv meter.
Lights on temp 82f
RH 30%, low but increases with growth.

I'm delaying my topping and bending these until they spruce up. Lights been on 9 hrs when I took pic. I put them on 18/6 for at least a few days then was thinking I'd go back to Gas Lantern Routine timing but not sure atm.

They've gone from a 220w H.O.T5 to 400w MH in the tent.

I'd love some thoughts on what's going on with these girls.

Should I go ahead and cut em lower like planned or wait till they spruce up and start looking more lively?

hgk-veg_002.JPG
hgk-veg_003.JPG
hgk-veg_004.JPG
hgk-veg_005.JPG
hgk-veg_006.JPG

that might be a little hot for them, I'm finding with my undercurrent that i'm running my nute strengths a lot lower due to the high O2 levels in the root zone. could be shock from transplant also. I would keep my humidity above 40 at least in veg.

i'm sure you'll get it sorted :)

Something is off....get out your glass and look for bugs N fungus,and how long since you calibrated your meter?(s) how long have they been in the before like they are right now? Have you used anything new or different? Nutes look N smell right? I see some spots of yellow that look like Ph or Calmag issues I'm just going they a mental checklist...have they ever done this before? Are all the internals running right, roots looking good?

Calibrated yesterday.
They looked fine before moving.
no bugs
Smells like nutes smell.
Running right.
Roots do look good.

*Thinking some stress of sorts having gone from 250ppm (.5 e.c.) to current with the move. Wondering if cold water, constant via chiller, is having a lil shock issue. In the other buckets the water didnt get chilled every day.

Lights off for 8 hrs starting now. Will take a new look after lights on.

@ ronnie, In flower I am in the 1.8-2.1 range all the time. In veg, rarely above 900 (1.9), and that's mostly by accident.

Ok time for an update:

The issue seems to be resolved. All week long I had massive ph swings. I think the cause had something to do with my cleanup after last harvest. I normally use some bleach with really shitty tap water and run it through the system for a few hours, then drain, wipe down the buckets, Run another batch of just plain tap, rinse/repeat. This last time I didnt do the extra run through. So my thinking is there was too much bleach residue. Bleach in tiny amounts wont hurt them. But I'm not sure how bad it was.

The other possible cause was the blue liquid seaweed.

Yesterday I got my drain/clean/replenish done. I pulled two plants up and out of tent during this and the roots were fucking horrible! Totally unlike what I'm used too. They were basically black, but not slimy like root rot. Instead it was all liquid seaweed residue. So I spray bottled the roots really hard in the sink to clean them up and I'm chucking the blue brand liquid seaweed. It must have a shelf life that's expired.

I plucked all the bad leaves off, and today I did some bending. I also topped for clones mid week. Took 3-4.

Ph is stable so far at 5.9

tds is at roughly 1.8-1.9.

So this has certainly slowed the girls. So know I need them to bush up before I think about flipping. Was hoping to be flipping around this date but we're now probably 2 weeks behind.

Here's pics from today:
hgk-veg-2_001.JPG
hgk-veg-2_002.JPG
hgk-veg-2_003.JPG
hgk-veg-2_004.JPG
hgk-veg-2_007.JPG

Thanks Doc. I've harvested two grows I think since my last journal. Was just too damn busy to journal them.

Subbed:
Hello Bassman, I'm a newbe soil grower who's heard great things about you & your journals through different post around a clique of members whom we all follow each others threads. I see a lot of them here. Though I have no plans to attempt a hydro grow in the near future it's always good to learn as much as you can about anything your involved in.
With that said I'll be following your journal as an Innocent By-Stander. I may have a question every now & then but other than that I'll just be observing & absorbing.

Subbed:
Hello Bassman, I'm a newbe soil grower who's heard great things about you & your journals through different post around a clique of members whom we all follow each others threads. I see a lot of them here. Though I have no plans to attempt a hydro grow in the near future it's always good to learn as much as you can about anything your involved in.
With that said I'll be following your journal as an Innocent By-Stander. I may have a question every now & then but other than that I'll just be observing & absorbing.

Welcome Broke Ass Reg (I love that name). Glad to have you over here. May you leave the dark side and come to the light (hydro). Listen to the force!:thumb:

Welcome fan! Sorry it started out with a bit of a glitch. But hey it gets to show how we figure out issues and deal with them without panic too!

Yea no point in panicking really. It's not like they are going to instantly die.

Mini update, It's been 2 days since res change and bending.

Girls look good. All the bends have turned 90 degrees up at the ends, spreading out the branches well for later on in flower. I'll be bending more later on.

The front right girl looks like she'll be super bushy. The others are more lanky but with bending that will change through manipulation.

PH is still swingy.But much less so than before. I predict I'll have it nice and stable within the week. I have found ph changes more in veg than in flower for me.

Really looking forward to an explosion in growth. Once that happens I'll defoliate and really bush them out. Then look towards flowering.

I have another grow in flower right now, 3 plants. They are probably 30 days from done which puts this grow probably 3 weeks behind where I want it to be in terms of my rotations and perpetual. Not sure that I really want to flip them early but that's still possible. It just effects the yield so much.

Here's some pics.
HGK-D27v_001.JPG
HGK-D27v_002.JPG
HGK-D27v_003.JPG
HGK-D27v_005.JPG

Back
Top Bottom