Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

I've seen those SG but DAMN they are expensive. I think it's just a huge ripoff at $600 or whatever it was last I seen.

I'll have to do some more research on the smell, light leak possibility (probable) and what not. Sucks to be broke this month.

I've seen those SG but DAMN they are expensive. I think it's just a huge ripoff at $600 or whatever it was last I seen.
Ya I'd never pay 600 for one. There is huge mark ups in this bizz I payed 1/2 that, and that my friend was well worth it. My back kills me also after 4-6hrs of straight trimming.
I'm sure the imitations do a fine job, but for a 100bucks more I picked up the real thing.

Sorry to hear your broke dude, things should start looking up real soon :thumb:

Ya I'd never pay 600 for one. There is huge mark ups in this bizz I payed 1/2 that, and that my friend was well worth it. My back kills me also after 4-6hrs of straight trimming.
I'm sure the imitations do a fine job, but for a 100bucks more I picked up the real thing.

Sorry to hear your broke dude, things should start looking up real soon :thumb:

ya the markups are insane. The two stainless bowls are worth maybe $15 a piece, so even $300 is just crazeeeeee imo. What are they called again I'll do some searching maybe.

I aint broke, but kinda, rent week and all, 1st of the month bills, bad ass elec bills last few months. But hey it's cooling off and with it, the ac will be shit now till june! :thumb:

ya the markups are insane. The two stainless bowls are worth maybe $15 a piece, so even $300 is just crazeeeeee imo. What are they called again I'll do some searching maybe.

I aint broke, but kinda, rent week and all, 1st of the month bills, bad ass elec bills last few months. But hey it's cooling off and with it, the ac will be shit now till june! :thumb:
It's the Spin Pro, here is a place that has the best prices on the net for almost everything and the shipping is reasonable. C.A.P. Custom Automated Products: SpinPro Trimmer (Hand trim) [TRM-004] - Trim & Cut - Garden Accessories - Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store - Horticulture Source

the knock offs are called Trim pros and can be found on ebay shipped for about 180 I think

My a/c was kicking last night and every night, it's just part of the bill now like Nuts, hell I think it just kicked on again and the room is down.

About the Fan/Filter for odor... I'm using a 240CFM fan and filter for my tiny little 2x4x4 grow space. Phat Filter. I never, EVER small anything until I actually open the doors up and stick my head in. I think the point here is to exchange several times an hour. I only had an odor problem once, and that's when a tape joint broke and untreated air was being vented.

I think jandre's post and the one on checking the light are the cause of the smell not being clean.

Here's where I ask for opinions:

1. Let's presume the light leaks. I'll check it in about an hour at lights on.
2. I have 2 side vents that are almost totally open. Should I presume the fan & phat filter are just not capable of cleaning the air if those side vents are open?

Going to do a trichs pics update in a bit if they come out.

Update:

Yesterday, day 68 in flower.

Boring and exciting at the same time. Boring because there is nothing to do but add water daily and look at the trichs under a scope. Exciting because they are still swelling, and we're near the end. I think the quality of this is better than the last also.

PH has been running mid 5's
PPM is down to 600 (1.2 e.c.) and I'll take maybe 2 gals out add add straight ro water to get it down even further.
Lights have been on 9 hr schedule for about a week.
RH has been steady at 50%
Temps steady in the 79-81f

Trichs are cloudy, some barely turning to amber. I have to retake the scope pics so hopefully next post will show those. Here's the girls as they stand now.
PA0400011.JPG
PA0400021.JPG
PA0400041.JPG
PA0400031.JPG
PA0400051.JPG
PA040007.JPG
PA0400061.JPG
PA040008.JPG
PA040009.JPG

mate its looking great, keep an eye out for pm issues with the buds touching each other, so far ive not managed to have as many buds as that, but im sure i will one day, ill keep trying till i do, i only mention the pm as i have read many journals where people have had problems with the buds touching other buds,,
reps for the great looking plants mate, well done

Nice! Gotta question on the defol for you as I'm on day 21 of flower and have been giving small haircuts every couple days. You removed all fans right around week three correct? That's my plan for tonight just wanna double check. The girls have pretty much stopped stretching and they are bushy as can be! Just cut the fans as far down the base of their stem as I can correct?

Basically yes Doc. The fans I dont remove are the ones where a new bud site is just starting and doesn't have any leaf yet. This fan leaf will directly feed that site, so let it go until there a cpl developed leaves.

Also, later in flower, when you have fans directly attached to a bud, I leave them unless they have a long stem. Those fans get too big. But the ones like say a 3 leafer just coming out of the side of the bud, I leave alone. Basically, later in flower I pluck all fan leafs with a stem. Though I tend to leave some on the very outside of the plant that will never shade any bud sites at all. I don't have any solid reason for that. Just seems like it can't hurt either way, and what the hell, maybe a little bit more food or whatever for those outer nodes getting the least lite. I don't think it makes a difference though.

Thanks bass! That's what I was thinking exactly but great to hear from you! Was going to rep you but says I must spread some love!

I think jandre's post and the one on checking the light are the cause of the smell not being clean.

Here's where I ask for opinions:

1. Let's presume the light leaks. I'll check it in about an hour at lights on.
2. I have 2 side vents that are almost totally open. Should I presume the fan & phat filter are just not capable of cleaning the air if those side vents are open?

Going to do a trichs pics update in a bit if they come out.

The answer to your point #2, is that it depends on negative pressure. If your tent is "sucking in" aka "negative pressure" you shouldn't have any smell escaping as a result of those side vents. The exhaust fan just needs to be strong enough so that no air has a chance to escape from other vent sources. Because, the exhaust should be pulling the air one direction through those vents - into the tent. If you have no tent suck/negative pressure, there is your problem (or at least part of it).

Smell leaking through the hoods... I'd almost bet that's your issue. It's one of the most common reasons, from what I've observed, for an otherwise properly ventilated/filtered grow space to "leak" odors.

For what it's worth, when I had some minor smell escaping issues, I was convinced this wasn't my problem. I had new, aircooled hoods, with what looked like sufficient gasketing to me. It wasn't though. Those gaskets were not making a good seal, and were pretty cheap in retrospect. I purchased new gasketing material at the hardware store, and at first it made it a bit difficult to close them up again (the gasket was thicker). Once I got it all done (I must admit it made me nervous tearing out all the old gasketing - I had company coming the next day!), I was amazed and relieved at how much better things were after replacing the gaskets. Whew! My company literally walked within 5' of my growspace, completely unaware of what was going on behind a locked "storage room" door. There was NO smell left!

One little trick I do: I like to take little walks for my health (doctors don't let me run anymore, not that I could anyway). At the end of my walk, I come in and head straight for the grow room with my nose "sniffing" along the way. Coming in from the fresh air like that allows me to be more objective in smelling anything suspicious. We growers can become immune to the smell without distancing ourselves once in a while. Since you smoke, you might need to have wife or any other trusted, aware, party do this for you periodically. It's good to check it frequently, because filters peter out over time, etc.

Update:

Yesterday, day 68 in flower.

Boring and exciting at the same time. Boring because there is nothing to do but add water daily and look at the trichs under a scope. Exciting because they are still swelling, and we're near the end. I think the quality of this is better than the last also.

PH has been running mid 5's
PPM is down to 600 (1.2 e.c.) and I'll take maybe 2 gals out add add straight ro water to get it down even further.
Lights have been on 9 hr schedule for about a week.
RH has been steady at 50%
Temps steady in the 79-81f

Trichs are cloudy, some barely turning to amber. I have to retake the scope pics so hopefully next post will show those. Here's the girls as they stand now.
PA0400011.JPG
PA0400021.JPG
PA0400041.JPG
PA0400031.JPG
PA0400051.JPG
PA040007.JPG
PA0400061.JPG
PA040008.JPG
PA040009.JPG

No way those should be relegated to previous page. Beautiful! :bravo:

They look done to me, for what it's worth. To me, cloudy with a few ambers, with the plumping you have... is when I'd typically like to harvest. Be careful of mold, too. You've filled up your space with a ton of bud, and letting it go too long could be catastrophic to your crop. I'm sure you're on top of it - just would hate to see something like that happen after such a rock-star effort.

Primo bud, brotha! :high-five:

Oh, I have a new journal going. Consider yourself invited my friend (and anyone else interested)!

*Xlr8's "Quest for the Best" featuring Blue Planet Nutrients -- 2012*

hey nice grow mate.

Ive pretty much skimmed through so may have missed some details but looking good. I love dwc i produces monsters, i currently have a Greenhouse seed A.M.S in POTM that i never trained or touched really and it looks great. Wen compared to growing in soil or coco dwc blows it out of the water. I too defoliate but not much during veg, this is new to me and i will look into it, i do know from my experience heavy defoliation in bloom def increases yield and more so in hydro. I about to start a new grow with an iws flood and drain system, 24pot-220litre res, but am considering just rdwc it. Still undecided. On the point u make about carbon scrubbers not working, i had the same problem for years and ended up having to add ona gel or ozone generators. however i tried a rhino carbon filter and i wont use anything else now. they absolutely do work but they arent cheap, but i have one that i bought 18months ago (10in filter) and its still doing its job. To me its worth paying that bit extra if it does the job correctly. Anyway nice job and i'll be following for the rest of the ride ;)

Back
Top Bottom