Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

Looks amazing man! Let me ask you this about your fan/filter. What volume per minute is your fan rated? Same question for your can filter.

It's a 4" fan, wind tunnel, pulls 200 cfm, tent is approx 175 cf. The filter I can't recall the brand or ratings. But I bought it at the hydro store with the fan. We talked about which filter and fan and I didnt go with the lowest priced but with the better units without the most expensive.

Hmmm... That volume is adequate, in my opinion, to exchange the air fast enough for odor control. I would have gone a little faster to exchange it at least twice a minute, though.

Mine is 2x4x4=32 ft3 and my fan runs 240CFM and I have zero odor problems.

I'd look for the ratings of your can though... you may find that the fan is pulling too fast. Blowby is the biggest single problem when people notice a can not working.

I think jandre's post and the one on checking the light are the cause of the smell not being clean.

Here's where I ask for opinions:

1. Let's presume the light leaks. I'll check it in about an hour at lights on.
2. I have 2 side vents that are almost totally open. Should I presume the fan & phat filter are just not capable of cleaning the air if those side vents are open?

Going to do a trichs pics update in a bit if they come out.

That just may be it. Just too much to ask maybe.

I'll take a look at the light come harvest time. In the mean time I closed the vents and instead of suck I got balloon a bit from to forced air intakes I'm running. I have no idea of course if it's done anything with the smell because I am too used to it.

Looks like I'll start chop either tomorrow after work or Monday. PPM is down to 300, and will probably be 200 or so today. So that's thin enough for me as a flush. And honestly, my friends that have tried my previous grows tasted no chemicals, so this should be fine.

We're winding down to the end! I'll most certainly take a butt load of pics before and during chop. And of course give totals.

After chop & trim I'll get the tent nice and cleaned, probably redo 1 bucket that seams to have been the leak culprit. Then after two days or so drying on the rack in tent I'll put all the bud into jars and start watching rh closely and get the cure where I want it. Sealing up the jars at 65% or so. I only have 2 hygrometers though and I expect to fill 16 or more jars? I really need a bunch more of those. But that will have to be for next harvest. Took 3-4 weeks to get them from Hong Kong last time.

Oh and I'm currently working on a defoliation technique thread in the hydro section. In hopes of creating a truly educational experience on the subject for growers to chime in on and post their experience on the subject.

Here's the link to the requested thread on defoliation. Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?

I'm hoping Mr Smith will be chiming in during the next day or two with his information on the topic and hopefully his are the next posts. If you think I missed anything or should add something please pm me or post here so we can get his posts next. I've pm'd him, I just hope he isnt too busy.

Hey Bass, I want to personally say Thank You for all the time you have put into this and other threads. I have learned SO much from you and because of you I am getting ready to start growing in RDWC for the 1st time and I will be giving defoliation a try, also for the first ime.
Your the bassMAN!

Bassman59 said:
I'll take a look at the light come harvest time. In the mean time I closed the vents and instead of suck I got balloon a bit from to forced air intakes I'm running. I have no idea of course if it's done anything with the smell because I am too used to it.

Looks like I'll start chop either tomorrow after work or Monday. PPM is down to 300, and will probably be 200 or so today. So that's thin enough for me as a flush. And honestly, my friends that have tried my previous grows tasted no chemicals, so this should be fine.

We're winding down to the end! I'll most certainly take a butt load of pics before and during chop. And of course give totals.

After chop & trim I'll get the tent nice and cleaned, probably redo 1 bucket that seams to have been the leak culprit. Then after two days or so drying on the rack in tent I'll put all the bud into jars and start watching rh closely and get the cure where I want it. Sealing up the jars at 65% or so. I only have 2 hygrometers though and I expect to fill 16 or more jars? I really need a bunch more of those. But that will have to be for next harvest. Took 3-4 weeks to get them from Hong Kong last time.

You are running intake fan(s)? Have you tried strictly passive, or turning them down to a lower setting with a speed controller? You want/need that negative pressure (tent suck) for odor prevention... Intake fans can add a layer of complication to ventilation and odor control. I've seen people simply remove them and be amazed at the improvement - just a thought...

Bassman59 said:
Oh and I'm currently working on a defoliation technique thread in the hydro section. In hopes of creating a truly educational experience on the subject for growers to chime in on and post their experience on the subject.

Awesome, I'm going to check that out right away. :thumb:

yea X, just two small duct fan boosters from lowes. I was just wanting to add more air circulation. But I see your point. I'll give a look see at what happens next lights on with removing 1 or both of them. I was more worried about heat during the hot ass summer months we have here and wanted to keep lots of the cooler air conditioned air from outside the tent pumping in there.

Never thought of the benefit to negative pressure but I see your point now. Good stuff! :thumb:

yea X, just two small duct fan boosters from lowes. I was just wanting to add more air circulation. But I see your point. I'll give a look see at what happens next lights on with removing 1 or both of them. I was more worried about heat during the hot ass summer months we have here and wanted to keep lots of the cooler air conditioned air from outside the tent pumping in there.

Never thought of the benefit to negative pressure but I see your point now. Good stuff! :thumb:

Well, I hope somehow I'm able to help you 1/2 as much as your hi-yield defoliation thread will help me. Perfect timing, btw, as I'm about 2 days away from major defoliation (21 days), and need to do some super cropping. Much of it I'm already doing, but i picked up some great nuggets from your post, too. I didn't want to post in the thread yet, as I know you want to get Mr Smiths thoughts first - but you did a great job outlining your process with nice picture examples. :bravo: and plus rep.

Thanks a bunch X. I kinda don't feel like I really have enough experience to be expounding on the subject, but feel like with Mr Smiths input it may be a good guide. And honestly, aside from my observances in using this technique, most of what I posted is just passing on what I learned from others on the subject. Means a helluva lot to me that some small nugget may help you with all you have helped me come along the last year.

Great read so far on the defol thread! Have t been able to finish yet as I'm at work hehe but ill read it all when I get home!

Glad to hear it Doc. Thanks. :thumb:

Somewhat undecided on beginning chop today. Went in 2 hrs before lights on and took some scope pics on a variety of buds.

Part of me says wait a cpl more days, while another part of me says do it now. It will take me 2-3 days to trim it all.

PTDC000113.JPG
PTDC00029.JPG
PTDC00039.JPG
PTDC00047.JPG
PTDC00056.JPG
PTDC00062.JPG

Back
Top Bottom