Bassman59's 1st Grow - DWC/LED - Pray For Me!

Thanks tweed.

You know, you can run those hoses right into the netpots bumping into your cubes with that slow drip right from the start. When the roots reach the reservoir nutrients nicely, just remove those hoses and the pump inside the tub to reduce water temps created by the pump running all the time.

I presume you'll have air stones in the tub pumping massive amounts of tiny bubbles so I dont think you really need to pump "into a root ball".

I found a couple things out about air stones. IMHO, I believe the long 12-14" triangular ones suck ass. They seem to be the most common and easily break. I am now using two different ones. The 5" flat, round, encased in plastic ones from the pet store (super easy to keep clean), and one from Sunleaves I think it's called that's round cylindrical. These I'm told by the lady at my hydro store last a long time and produce tons of tiny bubbles. Super cheap, like under $2 for one about 2" in diameter and 4" long (just a guess).

BTW it certainly wasnt textbook perfect on this grow. I had a few problems. But thanks to the community we got them solved for the most part. Thanks tons for your support!

Update:

Well the ripening continues. These girls are on their last days. The trichs are nearly all cloudy and some going to amber. They are still packing on weight though! I woke up today to walk into the tent and two branches in the oldest. well fimmed four topper had fallen over totally. They were not broken and the rest of the plant didn't fall. So I attached some string to hold them up. I did notice they had some weight to them when I picked them up.

I'm probably going to harvest Monday.

The super tall cola in the other plant has gained a little density but is still quite airy imo. I say it's my fault as I think I really should have moved the light over a bit to give it more coverage. It is so tall and until I rehang the light I couldn't get more height to give the width of coverage near it's mid-top. That will be fixed when these come down. There is 23" of unused height in this tent and the tallest cola is 42" from the top of the tub and less than 2" from tip to LED now. With no height adjustment left on the light, thus wasting 23". Again, my fault, and I should have realized this much sooner and dealt with it.

Overall, the thinner buds are my learning experience. I should have been trimming leaves a lot more right from day 21 to get light penetration. I now feel I probably should have taken off even 50% of whats still there now. Let the more experienced growers chime in on that.

Here's a few pics:

The two that fell over:
PC170126.JPG
PC170127.JPG

The thin-airy tall sucka:
PC170131.JPG
PC170132.JPG

And a few more pics:
PC170136.JPG
PC170137.JPG
PC170138.JPG
PC170139.JPG

Almost there brother!!! Looking good!:Namaste:

Thanks a bunch for your support GT. Hey grab a looky loo at my clones journal in sig. She's going to be full of interesting shit I think. It may get rather comedic too. *more will be revealed*

got it marked, eatin dinner and puttin in some hours doing some stuff. But I'll get over there for sure.

Today the PPM had skyrocketed from about 1500 to 1900 overnight. These 2.5 (one is uber small) plants drank up about 2.5-3gals of water in 2 days.

Since last res change, right before harvesting the back tub I've only added RO water as the ppm increased and this amounts to about 5 gals, though I could easily add 2 more since the rear tub while empty is still recirculating, thus they have used a bit more than 1/2 of a full rez change worth of water without additional nutes.

Some leaves discolored overnight. Do I have any concerns?

PC180003.JPG
PC180002.JPG
PC180001.JPG

Hey Bassman59- In my opinion I'd give plain PH'd water 5.6 - 5.8 for hydro and let it run for a few days. Then, I'd back the nutes way down to about 1200ppm and keep checking the PH and keep it at those numbers. They just look like they are being burned with nutes.

I was thinking I'd chop today. But I'm holding off. Trichs are nearly 100% cloudy, very few amber if at all, and they seem to be drinking tons and putting on weight. Water lvl down about 1.5g in two days and ppm shot up 400 more to 1600. I'm adding another gal of straight RO water.

Here's some pics:
PC190006.JPG
PC190009.JPG
PC190012.JPG
PC190013.JPG

Looks are deceiving. These next two are the very airy tall sucka:
PC190014.JPG
PC190016.JPG

Group shot:
PC190019.JPG
PC190020.JPG

I would let them go for a few more days if it were me and drop the ppms down like 4t4all said. THey are packing on weight now.

Yup. added 1 gal to the front tub and 2 gals to the back tub of regular ro water. This should drop the ppm down to 1200 or less during the next hour.

ok I just learned something. A bit late in the grow to say the least. But, my ppm meter is on a .500 scale. As such, I guess I've been over feeding for a while. Even when I ran 75% off of scheduled charts, adding the other stuff like AN B52, Voodoo Juice, Ginormous, Calmag, all contribute to a much higher ppm. Iirc, when I ran about 60-65% nutes the ppm was below 1000, which I guess is what my goal should be with this meter.

TDS-3 Handheld Meter With Carrying Case - HM Digital

Interestingly, my clones in veg have just this past res change gone to full nutes and ppm is over 1100 and I have seen some slight leaf issues. Spots, discoloration, whatever. So this seems consistent.

Liking the analysis on your garden practicum... Nice. The ppm at 1100 is perfect if they are ready for it but you could pull it back with a bit extra water....

The ppm didnt drop down enough. I even pulled a gal of higher ppm water out and added back 1g of just RO. It was just before lights out, so no more adjustments till morning.

I'm 75% sure I'm harvesting in the next few days so it wont make a big difference, but the experience of doing these thing all the way to the end will only make me better on the next grow.

In the morning I'll probably see ppm at 1400, I'll pull 2 gals and add back just ro and see what it mixes too.

Hi Bassman -- Good choice on waiting a bit longer, should give you a bit more weight. A lot of people don't realize that different meters measure PPM's... differently. The use a different conversion ratio. Mine is .7, but a lot are .5. It can be confusing. Glad you got it figured out. Hope you are well!

Back
Top Bottom