Bassmans Kosher Kush - RDWC - 1K - 4 Plant Grow

Yes & yes johnsteller.

so it ended up being about 12 zips dry. Pretty sad, and far from my norm. Quality is very good. It's been hell at work lately and given me little time to do much else. Hopefully I'll have the energy after work tonight to do a final update with pics and thoughts when I get home Sunday noon.

Thanks bass I was wondering because I read all these people that say they wouldnt supercrop during flower because it would take energy away from the bud growth but half of the people that I have read no doubt some of them know what they are talking about but alot of them post things with out any proof and yes to an extent some of it makes sense but they then have no proof/results to show a negative or positive outcome I love how you post methods and have the proof to back them up your the sh**

Ohh yeah sorry I have a couple more things I really wanted to ask you. Have you ever LST and if so do you get the same or similer results as when you supercrop I know that the breaking of the stem/branch when healed allows the plant to deliver more vital nutrients but will low stress training the plant bring similer results or does supercroping make a huge difference in your opinion? and you said you supercrop in flower. So when you defoliate do you start supercroping when you switch to flower or have you been doing it through out veg im only asking because reading your journals when you switch to flower you say thats when you start bending the sh** out of them SORRY for asking so many questions you just seem to have great results and really seem to know what your talking about so I wanted to kinda pick your brain? Thanks again Bass

I know that the breaking of the stem/branch when healed allows the plant to deliver more vital nutrients

Hey John

How do you know this? I've never heard that before, but it seems counter intuitive to me. I'm curious what the logic or explanation is on this one. Just to be clear, I'm not disagreeing. I honestly don't know, but this is a new idea for me. I'd like to know more. :)

I need to close this journal up. I have been afk from 420mag a lot the last couple months. We had the busy period at work and I just had too much on my plate. So before I tell them all to send this to completed journals I'll try to get as much as possible out there to answer some of the posts and the results and learnings of this grow.

@Johnstellar, Yes I do SC in flower. I don't however defoliate during the stretch period, but I will supercrop them. I have not done any true lst type grows. I kinda want to but to some extent I haven't had the right plants for it. Be it timing, or method, or laziness. I do however see that some serious LST would be really really useful to an indoor tent grower like myself with Kosher Kush strain. It stretches like mad. Not like Martian Kush, but it does stretch. And KK takes to manipulations well.

In the end I netted about 12oz of dry from this grow. That being said, I left LOADS of small but certainly trim worthy bud on branches and just yanked it all off with my hands (gloves) and stuffed it into the freezer bags for concentrates. This small bud would be 2-5 bong hit size easily. I could easily and honestly guess that I put no less than 3oz into freezer bags. But I can't honestly say it was up to 4oz or more.

The quality was hit and miss! It was not a lazy couch lock by any means. But according to my friends that tried it, it took a few hits and wasn't as great as the last Kosher Kush I grew. I'm not sure if the loss of light strength, or nutrient regimen is to blame. Those are basically the only things different from before. But it could be the seed I had before was just better too. I suppose it's possible I harvested too early. But I don't think that was the case. I tend to lean very strongly towards the loss of light intensity from the lost 1k ballast.

I'm going back to my old Kosher Kush journal and I'm going to read every page of it to see what I can figure out. The quality of that grow was way up there!

I currently have two tents in flower now and my veg closet has 4 going. These plants are all Kosher Kush and Holy Grail Kush. Problem is, I forgot the labels when transplanting to tents and I'm such a flake I can't say for sure on all of the plants what they are! :bravo:

I have the 4x4 tent finally set up running a 3 plant rdwc. That will be chopped down soon as today is day 57 in 12/12. Unfortunately I screwed the pooch BADLY on one plant in that tent and she never caught up to the others. She's growing 100% in the shade of the other two. I also AGAIN let them grow too tall before flowering. But that was because I couldnt get the rdwc built right for a couple weeks.

I'm going to have to change nutrient regimen sadly. I hate changing, but it appears for security I'll have to go with the expensive stuff as soon as I run out of my current. I'm actually thinking of using my current brand for vegging, then going with AN Connoisseur, expert level. I can save $$ not using VooDoo Juice as I use an equal alternative. But once I run out of my vita blue I'll be forced back to AN B52. A good product, just expensive like the rest of AN's line.

Any opinions on this subject would be awesome.

JDL finally sent me a replacement 1k ballast at no cost. It took 3 months but they did replace it like they said they would. When I have enough $$ I'll be getting another Lumatek and the JDL will be my backup. I'm currently running 1k hps in each tent and just vegging under t5's in closet.

So that's it for this journal! I'll be having the mods move it to closed journals now. When I have the time I'll post a new journal and link it here.

Thanks for following everyone!

Thanks Bassman:goodjob:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us! :high-five:
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post if you have a smoke report!

I’m moving this to completed journals now. Looking forward to seeing your new Journals in Progress:popcorn:

It would be wonderful if you stop by my favorite thread and post a picture of some of those beautiful buds - Creme De La Creme Cannabis Photos

Hope all is well in your world.:Namaste:
:420:

Hey guys n gals. Just a spam to ask folks to look at a post I just made. My current non-journaled grow. Since this grow seems to have been chopped a bit prematurely, I'm 2nd guessing myself.

I took some pics today and posted them here: Chop time? You make the call! Go-No Go!

Please give me your opinions on chop now or wait. thanks!

My grow is in
bubble buckets
pond master 100 for 6 plants veg 6 bud
and a over sized ez-cloner for early veg
timer set 15min on 15 off
no medium
GH 3 part nutes
pondzyme
some organics like citric acid ect.
low 70,s water temps

I am getting brown roots?

Back