Bassman's RDWC - High Defoliation - Master Kush Grow #2

Thanks man. Yeah my filter is 3 times that size or so and my tent is smaller, no wonder I have so many issues -_-. That is a big hood holy cow, I was looking at that one when I bought mine but it wouldn't fit in my tent.

i have pics somewhere in my last 2 journals and gallery of how i do it, i use 2 bungee cords wrapped around the filter and tied in a knot and hooked on the back pole i also bought some lightweight chain at the hardware store to make extra and replacement support bars for the ones that come with the crap plastic hooks

Blazin - This is old pic, but still how I do it pretty much. I now have different hooded reflectors, and have a second dedicated fan for them. Pretty much just like Bassman does it, I just now realized, lol. The straps came with the filter I bought. The fan could go outside the tent, too, as Bassman did his.

With the bigger filter, you could stand it on end in the corner, strapped to a corner pole - though that might eat up some of your floor space (not much though) with the ducting running up and out. Or, there are ways you could do the filter outside of the tent, too. I like to have the filter near the top of the tent if possible.

tent_inside3.jpg

Bassman - crazy with the water leak. I've had stuff like that happen (too much!). I hate those moments. I recently was fiddling with my DIY veg units, and accidentally loosened one of the fittings. Suddenly I had all this water pouring out of my containers onto the floor, and I honestly didn't know where it was coming from for a few moments. I was so relieved it was a simple fix, but oh what a mess!

Another great grow under your belt, and a great journal to go with it. Nice job, Bassman! :high-five:

Blazin - This is old pic, but still how I do it pretty much. I now have different hooded reflectors, and have a second dedicated fan for them. Pretty much just like Bassman does it, I just now realized, lol. The straps came with the filter I bought. The fan could go outside the tent, too, as Bassman did his.

With the bigger filter, you could stand it on end in the corner, strapped to a corner pole - though that might eat up some of your floor space (not much though) with the ducting running up and out. Or, there are ways you could do the filter outside of the tent, too. I like to have the filter near the top of the tent if possible.

Thanks for the info guys! Yeah my filter sits on the ground now as it is and I don't like it. I got my filter as a kit and from looking at yours is way way to much, I will reverse mount some planks to help disperse some weight across the poles.

Thanks Xlr8! Looks to me like we have the same fan. Any idea what the longevity is on the filters for usefulness? Mine is a phresh brand and same size.

Im thinking there is veg hormones in the large fan leaves. Removing them perhaps increases the flowering hormones in the plant. Your plants look very healthy. Master Kush is one of my favorite strains. The strain I had took 10 weeks to finish. Tasted like earthy chocolate and had a very complex high.
Looking forward to the ripening of your garden.

Bassman thanks a lot for sharing your journal and experience. ive learned a lot from your posts and i will use them on my second grow along with my experience from my first grow.

one question though... how long did/do you vegetate your plants to achieve these results? i have very similar setup in a 4x4 but i grew 5 plants in my first grow and they are way to crowded since i put 1 feet of space in between them. Also I use botanicare organic nutes, do you think the nutes you use is worth switching to? have you had experience with other nutes and feel like these are superior? also are they organic? (sorry i am a true hippie) :circle-of-love: rock on :high-five:

I dont really recall how long these veg'd hydromaniac. Four weeks?

I will be putting 3 into my 4x4 tent soon. Instead of four. But my 5x5 will get 4 again I think.

I use BPN, a sponsor here that's highly active here in helping us with our plants. The mix I use is not organic, but talk to BPN. Ask if the organic mix's they have are ok for hydro.

I can't say they nutes are superior. I would say equally as good as AN which I have used. MUCH less costly. And no need for grow A & B and Bloom A & B (which in my opinion is sales bs). Take one look and the npk values of various companies grow & bloom mixes, then look at their schedules. Then look at BPN schedule. Do just a little math and we can see having a good A & B and changing the amounts per gal for the different periods is all that's needed.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom