Batcrazy's 1st Time White Widow Grow!

batcrazy

Greetings fellow 420er's!
My name is Batcrazy and this is my very first grow. I'm really excited about this! I'm a medical marijuana user and am growing White Widow (60% Indica dominant), and using a small (2 gallon) DWC system. I am 5 days into this and all six seeds have popped, although only one had a tap root long enough (3/4 to 1") to transplant. For my growing medium I am using rock wool and expanded clay pellets.
My grow tent is a 2x2x2.5 Gorilla Lite Line, the lights are two 12W LED's, there is an in-line fan with a Phresh filter attached, and I used dryer ducting for the fan exhaust to outside. I used tap water and added dechlorinator (Microbe Hydroponic Water Conditioner), then I added the nutes (Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow), then I tested the pH with the General Hydroponics pH Up and Down Kit. Took a bit, but I got the pH to the 6.0 range!
Backstory:
Days 1&2
I soaked my seeds in distilled water for 18 hrs. At this time all six seeds cracked.
Then I transferred the seeds to a double-folded paper towel and placed them in a heated Germination Station.
Days 3-5
Checking the seeds every two hours (or so ) and keeping them moist with distilled water sprayer. Noticed 'tails' on 4 of them on day three.
On day 5 I noticed one tap root was approx. 1" long, so I pre-soaked a rock wool cube in the nutrient/water solution, opened it with an exacto knife, and gently placed the seedling in the cube at a depth of approx. 1/32" to 1/8". Gently wrapped the rock wool cube around the seedling and held it in place with a rubber band.
Open and grateful for any advice or comments!
Thanks!

Forgot to add that my DWC system is a six net pot, 2 gallon system. I followed the manufacturers info for amount of nutes. I plan on flushing the system every 2 weeks, and checking the pH every three days. So far, the temp and humidity are pretty darn constant: 76F and 74% humidity.

Oh, yeah. I bought feminized seeds from Crop King Seeds. I gotta say that they have been friendly, and very helpful from day one. Thanks, Crop King!

Now that both the fan and DWC bubbler are operating together the relative humidity is down to 70%. The temp is remaining constant at 76.1F. Hopefully, be able to get consistent, reliable data over the next few weeks. This should make future grows easier.

Day 6- Very pleased with the environmental set-up! Temp. is a constant 76.1F, Humidity has been averaging in the high 70's. Placed 5, 4" PVC clean out t's over the open net potting. Approx. 45 min. later RH dropped to 70%. Looks like this is one easy way to regulate RH. On the advice of a friend I placed a small portion of the rock wool over the seedling's hole. Had to readjust pH this morning after I added conditioned water to the reservoir.
Until next time. Tagann solas as dorchata.

Day 8
So, the learning curve continues. After proper placement of the TEMP/RH unit I have the following data: Grow tent 67F/65%RH. Need to get the temp. up and the RH down. Temp should come up about 10 degrees and RH should drop at least 15% to 25%. Guess I'll have to spring for a dehumidifier. My grower buddy says it's okay for now, but when the babies are in established veg cycle the temp must come up and the RH must be lowered.
Any ideas from anyone?

2 gallons dwc seems good for two plants, seems too crowded for 6, but it might be ok because the lights are so tiny.

Two 12w LEDs would produce under an ounce of dried bud if everything was perfect, less than perfect and you will get 1/4 oz to half oz I expect...

Need at least 30w per square foot and 80+ wpsf is even better - right now you have 6 wpsf which is very very low.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom