Batfongrips 1st grow poor man CFLs

Batfongrips

Ok so I am finally ready to start my grow been doin tons and tons of research and reading through these forums and talkin to my friends that grow I feel I can do this but I would like some advice along the way if possible :)

What strain is it? Bagseed of some really powerful strain that smelled and tasted like fruit loops super crystally.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Unknown
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Soon to be vegging in next week.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor. I also am just planning on growing 2-4 plants for whichever seeds work + clones I might buy if im short on females.
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Im am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil
If soil... What size pot? Starting them out in small dixie cups for vegging then 1/3/5 gallons as needed.
Size of light? For vegging 1 flouro light getting a 6500k spectrum bulb asap and for flowering I am starting off with 8 2700K 42 watt CFLs and maybe a couple 23 watts. 2800lumens X 8lights = roughly 22,000 lumens.
Is it aircooled? Since my grow room temp i beleive is colder than 70 with lights. I was about to get a space heater with intake/exaust that can control temp 60 degrees upto 85 F.
Temp of Room/cab? 55-60 at night and 65-70 in day
Any Pests ? Last time my parents attempted a grow they had gnats. So i need to prevent them from living in my grow.
How often are you watering? planning on misting couple times for first 8 days of vegging then starting
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms Trio Soil Formula - Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom and planning on following their schedules as I have heard people end up with good results. (Would anyone know where I can buy the trio pack online for cheaper because its like 65$ + for those three at my local shop.

Thank you for reading and I will post pictures the plant when I get my girlfriends camera after work. I am also planning on getting some G-13 clones.

I am in the process of buying all the materials soon. I am looking to buy mylar 2m and covering walls with that. I want to make something to hold the cfl lights above and around the plants so I can adjust the height of lights to get the best light to all the buds I can. I feel like I am missing something but I can't bring up anything.

I will post some pictures later or tomorrow of my grow space and seedlings, my girlfriend is using the camera for work.

OK, So here I started 1 last night in the little dirt pod thing..

I got them laying out in my back yard just for this part keeping them warm and moist. I am going to bring them inside in the night and put them in my room over a little heater than keeps everything around it to room temp. roughly 65-70F

IMG_0250a.JPG

IMG_0249a.JPG

Its only day 1 in these cups I put them in late late last night.

I also remember I bought a couple cfl 6500K spectrum lights a while back but never used them. they are 23 wat 1600 lumens for vegging. is that going to be ok or should I get the tube flouros?

Thanks for any advice!
:bongrip:

Ok so I am ordering some bulbs, I am really tight on money right now but I am getting 6 13 watt 6500K full spectrum bulbs for vegging. Here is the link: Shop by Shape | 1000Bulbs.com

I would really get more but I am hoping this will be ok for 2 or 3 plants. I also got a flouro tub light 4100k I can throw in there too.

I am getting 6 42 watt bulbs to boost me upto 8 - 42 watt flowering 2700k spectrum lights and a couple 23 watt 2700k lights. Here is the link to them: 42 Watt CFL - 150 W Equal - Warm White 2700K - Spring Lamp - EarthBulb by EarthTronics CF42SW1B Light Bulb

If I could I would buy 20 of each kind of light but money is tight and I can always add more for next harvest or as I get more cash.

I am also ordering some 2m Mylar online ( local stores are pricey and I got time to wait for shipping)

All I need left is the soil/nutes from my local store this weekend. I hope within the next week or so I will start getting some plants going weather these seeds are good or clones. now its early and im gonna go :rollit:

Will keep updated as things come! thanks for looking!

No luck yet on getting any sprout from the dirt, I am still waiting for the lights and mylar in the mail and I have cleaning stuff to sterilize the grow room as much as I can. I will post some pics when I get those in the mail sometime by today or thursday.

Sadly the lights wont get here until Monday =( just shippied out today after ordering on Thursday. But The seed is super moist so im takin the dome part off to let it dry out and hope i didnt kill it. I am waiting for my friend to get back and help me out aquire some clones. So maybe the lights will be in time for clones anyways.

Anyways, off to do some :bong:

Nothing's sprouted yet? Are you sure you planted it right? It's ok if you messed up, I did. I planted my seed sideways and after 5 days of nothing I had a look at it and it looked like this. It has pretty much stopped growing now.
messed_up_seed.jpg

Since then I planted a new one with the notch end up and it seems to be doing much better

yea I think I did put the seedling in a little sideways or something >< but I have fixed it, and its really moist in that little cup been keeping top off to air it out but still wet. I will be probably relying on my friends clones. Patience is important I suppose..

Ok so I got the lights finally and picked up the starting nutes, Fox Farms Grow Big. I am currently searching for clones apparently the past 2 weeks has been short on clones for some reason, but am staying confident!

Here is everything I got right now, the only things that arent in the pictures are the PH meter and temp. reader.

This first picture shows all my supplies the mylar, grow big nutes, 2 lamp wires i got..
Picture_00821.jpg

2nd img shows the lights, 13watt 6500k lights, 23 watt 2700K, 40watt 2700K, then 42watt 2700k
Picture_00533.jpg

Anyways thats it for now tryin real hard for clones! for now just cleaning and setting up grow room
Picture_01015.jpg

Ok so it sounds like my friend is able to give me a 2 or 3 clones from his g-13 so I will get those this week sometime I am aiming for tomorrow. So I will be picking up the last things I need they are almost ready to flower even they range from lie 5-16 inches so I will have to see, any suggestions which might be better. I am also thinkin of gettin some wire or something and makina lift for the plants to grow into and support the big buds :)

Today is Seattle's BIG BITE :) :popcorn::roorrip::grinjoint: so im doin alot of that today and eatin as much food as I can afford!

:peace:

Ok BIIIGGG UPDATE............
I can't find out how to change the topic so should I just abandon or can I change it because I am no longer using CFLs /soil etc but am about to getting clones ready to flower.

I have switched up my system a little bit. I have buddied up with a good friend mine who enjoys the reefer like I do and also enjoys growing.

I am still doing everything in my closet and everything, my friend and I are going half for Hydroponic system with support for 6-12 healthy plants.

We are using a 400watt HPS and will try to integrate more in there. Black poly for the door substitute and put fans in for ventilation. Using the 2m Mylar.

He is clipping the G-13 clones 6-15 inches off within the next couple days. So I have to finish up clearing out the room.

I will post pics and more info in the next few days when me and my friend get some free time to put all this together.

Ok so finally EVERYTHING is set up. The end result is:
3 plants 2 different strains I think, there may be 3 too early to tell of G-13. They are clones from a friend of mine who has mother plantsand his plants are about half way thru flowering and are getting huge and very tasty smelling. Fruit and lemony.

Anyways I just put the plants in a red cup with a no fert soil with some perlite. I added some Fox Farms Grow Big at half strengths, the clones have been sitting and rooting for a few weeks prior to tonight.

I have just put them to bed now :) and fed them an hour ago roughly. I set the light timer to start at 6AM - Midnight and I will wake up to make sure I did it right the timer is screwy and the socket on the power surge are loose. There are 6 CFL 13 watt vegging lights at the moment in there with 2M mylar making it bright as day at midnight. Soon I am fixing the CMH light socket so I can get that shining on them.

I will feed them 1 time per week and at the moment just watering them 1 timer per week maybe twice if they are really thirsty. Anways I need to finish my :roorrip: have a good night I will post photos when I can get a camera again my girlfriend moved back to germany for some school classes and took it with her =(.
:yummy::yummy::yummy:

Ok I got a question I as I have mentioned in the previous post, I have 3 G-13 clones in soil with some perlite in it and I added FF Grow Big 4 nights ago and have been growin every day slowly gettin bushier and all smelling even. Well the dirt has been a little dry an inch or two down so I watered them w/o nutes a couple hours ago and seem to be liking it except one leaf is curling under on one of them but its fan leaves look healthy.

But I worry the temp is too low, the temerature is about 65-70 right now it might get upto 73 but thats top. I would like to heat up the area a little more because i think it might be a little chilly for the girls.

There anything I can do? Im a little low on cash until friday >< but any advice would be nice I also have a small fan blowing on them to help support root strength I hope the wind chill doesn't affect them badly.

And one more quick question about foilar spray, I have a couple leaves on the clones that are dying or lookin not so happy, a couple on one plant that are brown and curled but was like that from when I recieved the clones(god i wish i had a camera at the moment) If its impossible to tell then I understand. I am working my best on getting pictures on here.

Man that's chilly, your house is that cold? Burrr. The only advice I can give is to try and keep em a little warmer. Think of this post as a bump so more people will see your problems and you can get some help :)

heh thanks :) yea I dont know how to heat them up maybe i can place a space heater next to the room but its big and old no way to git inside. hmm ill give the a try

Now I have fed the some foilar spray I mixed a gallon at about 1/3rd of the the recomended amount. I fed them about 20 min after the babies woke up. Im sorry I still dont have pictures.

The plant leaves from the clones were a little yellow and a couple I think got burnt from the small hps my friend had them under before giving them to me. There is new growth every few hours I swear its amazing to look at! hehe glad I did this.

I hope they get happier and more green. I know the nitrogen is high at the moment i tested it and its highest nute in the soil I added some "Like Karma" heard was really good for vegging.

They seem to be really thirsty too but I cant tell for sure I am new at this. I watered them on the 20th and on the 25thbut now already they are looking thirsty and the containers feel a little light. I am going to look for a rapidtest water meter (Think thats how its called) so I can get a accurite reading and when to water. I am poor but my babies need the best they can get heh.

Back
Top Bottom