Battle Of The Mars Bars: FC3000 vs FC-E3000, Sponsored By Marshydro & Weed Seeds Express

Skunksta

mars-hydro.com.jpg

VERZUZ BATTLE OF THE MARS BARS

FC3000-1.jpg
mars_hydro_fc-e3000_led_grow_lights.jpg

Right guys the GREAT People over at @Marshydro have given me a FC-E3000
FC3000-3-1.jpg
fc-e-3000-ppf.jpg

FC3000-06.jpg
fc-e3000_spectra.jpg

logo-web-large-min.png

Also @Weed Seeds Express kindly provided the seeds Ghost train haze and i have my own Acapulco Gold and gelato from WSE

ghost-train-haze-feminized-plant.jpg

THE PLAN

The plan is im setting up my main grow space with my own FC3000 vs FC-E3000.
Both lights will be in the same space , going to put two ladies under both.
Ideally the same strains BUT if not we will still get a lot of info.
I will daisy chain both also so one dimmer works both lights.
I will test the lights the best i can with what i have to hand.
Poor App lux meter also lazer temp gun.
So i will test the operating temps of both lights In many conditions.
will the SamsungLM301B/Osram chips or BridgeLux chips win.
Will it really matter in a small real world environment.
Is one hotter running than the other.
Why is the FC-E Model cheaper but have better par maps.
Did i make a mistake buying the FC3000 and not the FC-E3000.
Will the FC3000 produce more bud becuase it costs more.
If it does is it worth the extra money.
Both units now come with the standard meanwell drivers.
I think both units will do a great jobs , my FC3000 has been a GREAT light.
The FC-E3000 i expect the same mars build quality.
So much misinformation on these lights lets clear a few up.
If you want a truthful asnwer to any questions on these lights just ask.
All these questions and more will be answered.

THE GROW SPACE

6inch RVK FAN
6icn flitter
5 inch RVK FAN
Tent 140cm x 70cm x 200cm
3 Fans inside tent air flow

MEDIUM/POTS/NUTES
shogun A/B COCO
Calmag
boost
Silicon
PH down
12L fabric pots
70/30 coco mix

WEED SEED EXPRESS TENT
Ghost train haze x2
Gelato
Acapulco Gold

So lets start this ride , all seeds are now soaking in tap water. (Pics to come)
Will start them of in my small tent get them going , gives me chance to finish up.Hang new light clean etc.
Cant keep these ladies in veg as long as i normally do as im sqeezing 4 ladies in my main tent.Training is going to be the key.I want weight but more about how two ladies out the same pack react to the two lights growth wise and the over all development in MOST of veg and all of flower.I really cant see there being much in it but so many stories floating around some of which i beleave if im honest about these two lights.Im going to try and enlighten myself and anyone else.More than happy to answer anything questions about the lights/leds/drivers etc.

WILL TAG EVERYONE I CAN THINK OF LATER THANKS ALL FOR LOOKING

4315048E-96E8-4723-9F22-FB5FAC38197D.jpeg

Howdy do mate..

Excellent introduction, to what is going to be a fascinating thread.. :thumb:
I will definitely join this trip to Mars and beyond
Ooooh! Love your black marble/granite work tops by the way; They look good quality..

Never tagged u tok cause u already found me thanks for popping by
Good no line.
I'm along for the ride.

Tok..
No problem ;)
Thanks for the tag.
I'm in :popcorn:
Mate i would love to say its real but its plastic sicky back lol.Thanks for popping by mate.
My other half said told you it looks real (she put in down).
Howdy do mate..

Excellent introduction, to what is going to be a fascinating thread.. :thumb:
I will definitely join this trip to Mars and beyond
Ooooh! Love your black marble/granite work tops by the way; They look good quality..
Its going to be an interesting ride watching these two lights side by side.Hope it helps someone maybe make the right choice in light or just enlighten them about the REAL pros and cons.

Selfless promo of one of the sponsors again (lol) Acapulco Gold is available @Weed Seeds Express right now.
Thanks for the tag, I am in! I love the FC series and I've always wanted to grow Acapulco Gold.

But jokes aside thanks for dropping in dude and i agree love my FC3000 but i do hear and see more than a few odd reviews/posts/tube videos about them and the FC-E3000 heat/doa and the samsung chips are better etc and so on.

Never a disappointment brother, should be a good one,!!!
Thanks for the Tag!

Vet your be back up and running in no time , I been lurking on your journal :) thanks for passing by.
Sounds like a good one to me mate. I'll follow along as much as I can. After the move I'll have more time.

Lets hope first things first seeds need to pop in for there 24 hour soak now , Just took the chocolope out of water in to paper towl , thats for my wardrobe.Thanks for pulling up a chair ;)
Never a disappointment brother, should be a good one,!!!
Thanks for the Tag!

I like a long Veg normally , i do stress them out some topping and training so it always takes a little longer than an avg grow.5/6 weeks last grow i think it was so guess you got to choose if stressing out a plant for a few weeks is worth waiting to flip it Is for me. ;)
Thanks for the tag :) just a quick question how long do you normally veg for
And thanks for dropping by dude :)

Thanks for the tag! I’ll definitely be watching. I just got an FC-3000 and plan on buying another one before my next grow. I also have 10 Acapulco Gold seeds on the way from weed seeds, so I’m particularly interested in that as well. I know you’ll kill it!

We will see , And cant recommend @Weed Seeds Express enough tbh , My bruce banner is from wse and the GG4.
Growing some monster colas right now.
Thanks for the tag! I’ll definitely be watching. I just got an FC-3000 and plan on buying another one before my next grow. I also have 10 Acapulco Gold seeds on the way from weed seeds, so I’m particularly interested in that as well. I know you’ll kill it!
Thanks for passing by mate.

Back
Top Bottom