Baxbax's Solo Critical Kush In Coco

baxbax

hello 420 ,

What Strain is it? Critical kush from royal queen seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? I think it is indica What percentages? ???
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 27 days since sprout
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? -----
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soilless 100 % coco coir
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 100% coco
If Soil... What Size Pot? 1 gallon fabric pot
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 65 watt cfl
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? btween 20 and 25
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40 to 50 percent
PH of Medium or Reservoir? watering with ph of 5.1 run off > 6.2
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? every 3 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
urea nitrogen 20 % > 0.5 ml per gallon
pk booster > 0.5 ml per gallon
general hydroponics bioweed > 0.5 ml per gallon
minerals complex (all trace minerals) > 0.5 ml per gallon
cal mag 1 ml per gallon
Size or Square Footage of Room? cabinet grow

day 15 :

day 27 :

The plant is looking pretty healthy but doe look like it is getting some lockout. My initial thought was that it looks like Cal-Mag issue but i notice you are giving it a pretty good dose of Cal-Mag.

Just a couple observations. From you list it looks like your Nitrogen (20%) seems very high for most plants. This could cause other nutrients to be blocked and locked out.

One thing that is important is you did not mention what your PH is. You are growing in CoCo so you PH should be in the range of 5.1 - 6.5 . If outside these limits your will see differing nutrient lockout (mean the plant can't absorb the element).

The plant is looking pretty healthy but doe look like it is getting some lockout. My initial thought was that it looks like Cal-Mag issue but i notice you are giving it a pretty good dose of Cal-Mag.

Just a couple observations. From you list it looks like your Nitrogen (20%) seems very high for most plants. This could cause other nutrients to be blocked and locked out.

One thing that is important is you did not mention what your PH is. You are growing in CoCo so you PH should be in the range of 5.1 - 6.5 . If outside these limits your will see differing nutrient lockout (mean the plant can't absorb the element).

I'm trying to keep it below 5.8 I feed 5.2 or 5.5 , don't feed over 5.8 as ph continue raising as coco dry . I recently locked iron by using too much cal mag ( 2.5 ml per gall ) and I really lowered cal mag and I think overdid it and plant running out of cal mag going to feed some cal mag ( 0.5 ml per gallon ) 1 ml per gallon is my full strng . yes my nitrogen is too concentrated but i'm using low amount of it ( 10 drop per gallon or 0.5 ml per gallon ) do you think i'm using too much ?

this was my iron deficiency I questioned about before ( just fixed now and topped plant )

watered 7 drop urea , 0.5 ml pk booster , 0.5 ml mineral complex , 7 drop seaweed extract and 2 ml calcium magnesium for 1 gallon ro water ph in > 5.9 ph out (runoff) > 6.2
Is run off ph mean ph of root zone ? I collect my run off in my own method : I water and let all water drain out of pot then I pick up pot and tilt pot this case to an extra water comes out of pot I collect this in a cup and ph it , don't know how everyone else check runoff , I don't collect like 20 percent of water for runoff , Just collect last cup of water , Am I doing it right ?

Your system would work. I generally just stich my ph meter in my deep saucer or even sometimes in the water dripping from the plant after a heavy watering. I then use a mini-shop vac to remove the runoff. To keep my bottom healthy I have my grow bags elevated so they don't sit in the saucer of run-off.

good news and bad news , still have some ca deficiency I don't know why plant can't absorb calcium properly I know It did it and the leaves grew with calcium I gave them , I give them only 1 source of cal mag and it's my local ca mg fertilizer , other nutrients have no calcium in it , I fed them with lower ph in past days I guess that's the reason of calcium def . before that like day 15 u can see in pictures water ph was 6 - 6.1 ,

Following is a element chart and PH for Soil and Hydro. Looks like you are growing in soil and as such at 6.0-6.1 you are locked out of Calcium. PH needs to be around 6.5 to fully absorb it. Not an expert but I follow this chart.

Following is a element chart and PH for Soil and Hydro. Looks like you are growing in soil and as such at 6.0-6.1 you are locked out of Calcium. PH needs to be around 6.5 to fully absorb it. Not an expert but I follow this chart.

I put in a question this chart before and a grower told me this chart is not right , most accurate chart is this :

this is thread I questioned this :
Which pH chart is true ? For coco mainly

I don't have the knowledge to dispute which chart is best but the second one you posted doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe I just don't know how to read it.

For me I am growing in CoCo and have kept my PH in the range of 5.8-5.9 and haven't had any nutrient problems.

I'm switching to peat base soil , I did my everything to grow in coco and I said my self I love coco , washed coco very well and lots of work but I could not get good result with coco , I'm done with coco :confused:

this never ending calcium deficiency I bought EDTA Calcium to see if it's work , my last survival

Sorry to hear you have had trouble with your CoCo grow. Mine are thriving in it. I started a grow last week and the CoCo I got this time is much more porous than what I got for my first grow. So far no Cal/Mag deficiencies.

the most of lower leaves dried out and growth totally stopped (just few leaves at top ) no flower and roots stopped growing and I killed plant , RIP :rip:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal in Grow Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you.

Back
Top Bottom