BBadger's Mystery Grow 2K14

BBadger

Hello all decided with my plant looking healthy at its start I might as well record some of it. So here goes.

First off I have no clue what I'm growing, a buddy gave me a seed and I decided to give it a go. Next my grow operation is consisting of a indoor/outdoor grow. I'm making sure my seed grows strong enough indoors and once she (fingers crossed) is strong enough, will venture to the great outdoors under my supervision. Now on to the bumpy part. I thought she wasn't going to make it when I decided to transplant about 5 days in and my soil was a little too loose and I wasn't being too careful, but nonetheless she seems to be doing fine and growing. I wanted to record her from an early age so here is my baby
growth31.jpg
growth5.jpg

I have her in a organic mix soil consisting of peat moss, rice hulls and cotton burrs. Then room temp is around 70 and I have a cfl that is giving off 1600 lumens and is at 6500k spectrum...
Love to hear ideas and and questions!:peace:

Welcome to the bestest site on the Interwebs! This place if full of fantastic advise and I can say that my grows have improved a ton from the great folks on here. Subscribe to lots of journals (usually in people's signatures or in the Grow Journals section). No matter what you do have fun! Lots of love around here. Subbed!

On your girl (hopefully), how far is your CFL from the plant? Seems she is starting to stretch. I used to keep my CFLs 3-4 inches away and have learned recently here that you can get much closer. I was advised to go until you feel the heat from the light, often as close as an inch away. Sure does tighten up that plant and if you have any height issues in your garden you will be thankful later. Great example of info passed along here at 420!

:welcome:

Bob ;)

Howdy Dr. Bob,
Thanks for the info and I've got the cfl about 3 inches away so it looks like I'll be moving the light a little closer!:thumb:

BBadger:peace:

A Cronichemphog suggested to me that, "you can move them as close as it wont burn your hand if you leave your hand there the plant will be ok" and that advise has served me very well. Go check out his journal if you wanna see some real action. It is long, but great fun.

Hey guys I have an update along with a small concern. My lady has been growing fast (at least i think so), but i noticed today there is a bit of wilting going on from what i can tell. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
IMAG017019.jpg
IMAG016921.jpg
IMAG016824.jpg

-BBadger:peace:

Looks great from my vantage point. Your leaves are reaching up for the most part and although there is a slight dip in the tips I wouldn't worry a bit. I would call that healthy at least from those pics.

She should really start to take off now with that good start. :high-five:

Bob ;)

Hey there BBadger!!! Welcome to the forums!! Looks like a nice little seedling there!! Doesnt look to be anything major wrong here. If anything, be sure not to over water. Over watering seems to be one of the biggest newb mistakes out there. But likewe said, nothing looks to be wrong!! Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom