BC NL Bloombox or Shoddy DIY?

vapo-eyes

Ok, I have been putting off starting a grow due mostly to the fact that I am not very good in woodworking nor mechanically inclined, I'm all about software and uArch. I know most of the 420 members recommend the DIY grow box. I have flirted with the idea, however when it comes to assembly crap from Ikea I end up getting pissed because I break something or render it useless altogether. I have been seriously looking at the bloombox and the supercloset trinity. I've heard some info on the bloombox, some good, some bad but all in all that it was a decent system. The trinity looks good but got no real reviews on it. What say you the 420 community? I might could pull off a DIY project, but it will probably take me a few tries and at least half the price of a premade unit with a warranty. I'm in a quandary. I already hit up the Tude bank and have some beans (papaya and Himalaya Gold + single freebies) waiting for a place to call home. Any ideas, info, or advice would be greatly appreciated and seriously considered.

Thanks

Vape

I have a bloombox, it works fine,best with short plants. peace

I started following the LED grows and decided to give a DIY cab a try. Waiting for my light to arrive and shopping for a piece of furniture to put it in. If it doesnt bloom like advertised, I'll use it for moms only and
pick up a bloombox, they don't look stealthy but they are purpose built.

Thanks for the feedback.

Vape

For the investment in a bloom box (what is it like $2500) you could build yourself a killer setup using a grow tent. You could go all out, including using water cooled lights and a co2 injector (--they have these great water cooled co2 injectors for like 400). The yield would be much greater, plus you would have the satisfaction of building and owning a top of the line grow setup. Not to rain on you parade or sound like a bitch, but those bloom boxes really seem like a scam to me, IMHO -- just way too much money for a product that doesn't produce that much. The only plus side is they are easily concealable if you are wanting to keep your grow on the dl.

I think DIY is best bet usually, if you cant design your own find a grow on here you like and copy it as best you can

Update, I scrapped the LED plan, took the plunge on a bloombox. Today is day 21 from germination. Started a grow journal if y'all are interested. I originally was going to do the armoire thing but had a hard time finding exactly what I wanted. I'm not too handy with woodworking and such so figured I'd go turnkey.

i've got one. good choice my friend

I know where there is a BloomBox for sale used $2199 & still under warranty too. It is in DFW TX though on craigslist. looks pretty good even has a snap on decal & looks like a tool box. just dont have the cash. bo hoo

Back
Top Bottom