BCAA Supplementation

Blazer420

I have been doing some more thinking.... :lot-o-toke:

Training for strength sports like powerlifting and strongman have been a significant part of my like for nearly 20 years now. One result of this is that I have a pretty good understanding of sports based nutrition and supplementation.

So I started wondering the other day if any of the supplements that I take would be of any benefit to growers. One thing that is common among almost all living things is the need for amino acids, and specifically Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). Falling down the rabbit hole a bit, I started with some interweb research to see if anyone has done any studies on adding BCAAs to fruit or flowering plants. Most of what I found din't quite hit the mark, but I did stumble on this one.

Catabolism of Branched Chain Amino Acids Supports Respiration but Not Volatile Synthesis in Tomato Fruits

I'm still not 100% sure this applies to a cannabis grow, but I will continue to dig as I feel that I may be on to something. My thoughts are that at GNC a 5 lb tub of powdered, micronized BCAAs goes for about $15 at most. Adding 1 tsp to a 5 gal res wouldn't be cost prohibitive. But would the plants be able to take up the aminos AND be able to put them to some sort of beneficial use still remains to be seen/researched.

Thoughts?

B-

Dude BCAA is present in all meat breakdowns. Carnation instant breakfast even contains worm castings... lol.... gross.

Amino acids is what you get when bacteria breaks down soil and soil based inclusions

The B-12 mixes also contain a bunch of the bacteria and others that help break down stuff into derivatives of the decomposition, including BCAA.

What about putting baby formula on your plants? maybe... lets get this lil tidbit out there and get a response form the community. lol.

Back
Top Bottom