Bchris22

Whats up Mag??

Its been a long time. Once some years back I started a newbie thread and then abandoned it. That guy!! Well I decided to give it another crack. I might have quit on the journal, but not on growing. When I first started out in 2014 I started with DocBuds kit and then I moved on to General Oganics, and then I tryed supersoil and then I switched to Vegamatrix which I am currently running. I've grown lots of different strains. At one point I ran a lot of Exotic Genetics gear and some of TGA's as well. Some of my all time favorites are JillyBean, GG4, Putas Breath and Marrion Berry Kush.

My current grow is just getting underway in Flower, literally, tomorrow is day one. This grow has not been ideal by any means. First these plants were cut as clones in APRIL!! you read that right april. I know your probably thinking these fucking things have to be monsters and that would be a fair assumption, but they are not. For most of these plants lives they have been neglected and ignored. Not purposely.. Unfortunetly for me and my family these last 6 months or so have been challenging to say the least. It started with a city inspection. I rent and in the city I live in rental properties have to be inspected every 2 years. I grow legally but I am almost certain the city would find a reason to fail the home I am living in and that is problems I dont want to have, so I quit growing.. It sucks but I kept clones of my stable. I have a small little mother tent that is 24x48x36 so I put my rooted clones into solo cups with a small t5 and waited for the inspectors to come. Well I waited and I waited and I waited. They never showed. I wanted to throw one of my tents back up, but I only get a 48hr notice before the inspection and I am father of 4 and I work a lot of hours a week and 48hrs isnt enough. Finally in August they came. They inspected and we passed. Immediately I put my tent back up and started to bring my babys back to life. Well another curve ball came and I wasnt ready for it.

My daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer in May of 2016. She has a very aggressive tumor and her original prognosis was less than a year, but my daughter is a fighter and within a year the Tumor shrunk and started to dissipate. She remained in remission for 18 months, but in september an MRI showed 25% growth. I didnt understand, her last MRI was in July and everything was fine. 25% in 6 weeks. My head was fucked up and my plants reflected it due to neglect. Unfortunately it doesnt stop there. In early Oct I was out of state visiting my father who was about to have.. Wait for it... brain surgery!! My father went into surgery and came out fine. The next day everything was going how the doctors said it was suppose to go.. I went to go get lunch and left my phone in my fathers room. When I came back 20 mins or so later I had 5 missed calls from my wife and a text message that said CALL ME ASAP!! To make a long story short my daughter collapsed and was rushed to the hospital by ambulance. The tumor shifted and cut off the brains ability to drain fluid which caused pressure and the pressure caused bleeding and the blood reached the brain stem which left my daughter unconscious and unresponsive and unable to breath on her own.

Now, on the same day my father also had bleeding in the brain and the blood also reached the brain stem. My father who I just left was also unconscious and unresponsive..............

My daughter started to improve after the 3rd day. She was taken off of the breathing machine after 5 days and opened her eyes after 10. She was discharged from the hospital with hospice care after 21 days..

My father never improved.. He passed away on the same day my daughter was released from the hospital.

My daughter has continued to improve and she has come further than any doctor had imagined. The power of prayer and her will to live are inspiring. My wife and I provide her daily care and with her improving as much as she has I have been able to find an outlet with my passion..

Cannabis

Now that I got that off of my chest lets get into what everyone is here for

I am running Three tents at the moment. Veg tent aka the green monster is a 4x8x80 tent with two 4ft 8 bulb T5s running 19/5 light schedule. I have a osculating fan moving air and canfan mounted in the ceiling stirring the air around. I ran out of ducting( I put the tent together today) but soon I will have the inine fan exhausting air from the top.

I have two flowering tents, one is a 4x8x80 and the other is a 4x4x80. The 4x8 aka bertha has two air cooled HPS hoods that are currently running at 600 watts. the 4x4 aka area 51 has one air cooled HPS hood running at 750 watts. Both tents have a 440 CFM inline fan exausting air from the top through the filter and out through the lights, plus a smaller 4in fan bringing air in from the bottom. The temps in both rooms has remained 75 degrees and the humidity is a little low in the 40% range.

I am using the complete VegaMatrix line plus Rhizotonic, Recharge, and Mammoth P

I use promix HP in 7 gallon pots

I have 4 plants per light Scrogged. I am rather new to scrogging and due to the conditions above this is not your typical fundamentally sound Scrog. Over the past few weeks I have been cutting my plants down to a manageable size. I also shaved my ladies legs and removed any growth that wasnt healthy. Its agressive and some wont like it, but it works for me. Before applying the net I bent over by hand the tops of my plants. After that I applied the net and then began to shape the plant into the scrog by streching the plants out and filling in as many of the squares as possible. Right now the ladies look kinda sad but in a day or two they will thank me..

The strains I am running were either pheno hunted by myself or cloned from an outside source.
The list is:

Desire from motarebel gentetics.. I dont remember the lineage but I am pretty certain she has heavy Sour D genes. She yeilds bright green nugs that flood the room with diesel smell as soon as you open the bag and she tastes like her smell.. Very unique

Future from exotic Genetics. I believe she is GG4xThe Cube. She grows long colas that get frosty, dense, and lean towards the mom in the fragrance department.

Marrion Berry Kush from TGA/Heroes of the farm.. I think she is Rasberry KushxSpace Queen. She grows super frosty dense buds.. I have a very kushy pheno. Plenty of color.. One of my favs

Purple Starburst from Compound Genetics.. She is Starburst OGxPurple Punch. I have only growin this once but damn is she good.. Golfball nugs that are dense and bright green with purple hues. Tons of frost and a good smell.. OG lovers seem to dig this

Purple Punch 2.0 from compound Genetics. She is a bX1 and I dont know how she compares to the original PP but I really love this.. It smells like fruit punch and it produces possibly the frostiest nuggets I have ever grown

Puta Breath from Thug Pug Genetics. Puta is Wedding CakexMendo Breath. She isnt the biggest yeilder and her nodal spacing sucks but the fucking quality of buds she produces makes her more the worth it. She has quickly made her mark.

I think I might be in competition for the sites longest post ever, so I will leave you with some pictures that I snapped today.

20181123_151340.jpg

20181123_151412.jpg

20181123_151431.jpg

Well today was a rough one.. Outside of my family I have two passions. Cannabis and the Michigan Wolverines and today we got our asses handed to us by our biggest rival.... damn..

Well life must go on

Not much is happening in the garden.. My Veg tent is all set for the moment. Last week I transplanted 34 rooted clones from my cloner into 1 gallon pots and some into solo cups.. The 13 plants in one gallon pots will be for my next round and the 21 in solo cups will be going to a friend of mines who just started growing and needs some plants to get things going.

For cloning I use an aero cloner that was made for me by a friend out of a 25 gallon tote and pvc piping. I house my cloner in a small tent that is 24x48x36 with a two bulb t8 above. During the cloning phase I run a 24 hr light cycle and I have the pump set to mist the plants for 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off. It usually takes around 10 gallons to fill the cloner up. I dont add too much to the water other than rhizotonic and then I ph it to 5.5 and close her up. After that I check on them once a day or so to make sure everything is running properly and after 10 days I usually have most of my clones rooted. This time around I had a 100% success rate after 13 days.. Not too shabby..

I normally keep my newly transplanted clones in 1 gallon containers for 10 to 14 days before I transplant them into their final 7 gallon containers. I have found that I get better branching in the first two weeks if I use the one gallon pots vs solo cups, plus if I get busy and fall behind I have a little bit more wiggle room before the plants get stunted from being root bound.

Since things are kind of slow I figured that I will post some pictures from previous rounds until things start to pick up in the flower room, but for now here are pics of what the green monster currently looks like.
20181124_094453.jpg

20181124_094459.jpg

20181124_094511.jpg

Whats going on Mag? Hope all is well with everyone. Today should be a good one. First I checked in on the ladies in the veg tent and everything is going smooth. My only concern is some yellowing on the newly transplated clones. When I transplanted from the cloner I elected not to feed any nutrients to the plants. The only thing I put in the water was Rhizotonic and Recharge and I thought that should be enough to get them through the first week. It looks like I was wrong. This isnt an alarm for panick. I started to feed with the vegamatrix lineup as suggested by the feeding chart for week 1 clones and I have complete confidence that any yellowing will not continue and besides it is mild case anyways. On sunday I picked up the ducting I needed and I plan on installing it later today. Once that is done the environment in the Veg tent should good to go.

I checked in on the ladies in flower tents and all is well.. If you recall the day before I flipped I installed the scrog net and tucked the branches under the screen to help fill out the canopy and help keep these ladies at a manageable height. Today is day 4 and all of the tops have found their way above the canopy and are reaching for the light. I am going to do my second tuck today and then again in 4 days or so and after that I will let them grow unaltered for the rest of the stretch phase. It has been 7 months since I have had anything in flower, so I am really looking forward to the upcoming weeks.
20181127_102126.jpg
20181127_102115.jpg

I was looking through some old photos on my computer and thought these would help give us some eye candy until things start to heat up
IMG_0850.JPG

Pink2.0 Exotic Genetix
IMG_0995.JPG

Lemon Crippler- Inhouse genetics
IMG_0999.JPG

Black Cherry Chem- Irie Genetics
IMG_1587.JPG

Future-Exotic genetix

Hey man welcome back. Sorry to hear about your family I hope things continue to get better with your daughter. Subbed for nugs :passitleft:

Thanks for following along.. I was starting to get lonely..lol. It feels really good to be back. I forgot how good it feels to run a journal. I've always taken pictures on IG but this is so much more than that. Thanks again for following along.

Another day is in the books. Day 4 was not nearly as productive as I planned for it to be. Besides watering I accomplished nothing :(, however, today I took care of most of what I set out to do yesterday. Plants are all tucked in and fed, but this ducting is kicking my ass. You would think this is a simple task I would agree, but in my typical fashion I am making things as difficult as possible. In order to vent the expelled air from my veg tent I need a Y connector. A y connector that I already have, but where this Y connector is located is beyond me. When I took down my garden back in April I made sure to take a extra precautions to centrally locate all of my equipment in one spot. Apparently I did an amazing job with one exception. Fucking Y connector.. I will find you.

If you haven't already figured it out I love to post pictures and todays picture is of my water.. Super exciting I know, but this product I've recently started to use called Recharge makes my water look like I brewed a tea after only 30 seconds of stirring. I switched to this product from OG tea just to try something different. I am a frequent listener of the Dude Grows Podcast and I have heard them talk about this product for a while (they are the creators of it) and I always had interest, but a few months back a friend of mines who has never heard of the podcast was bragging about this new product that sped up his plants growth and super charged hits root zone. Come to find out it was recharge and I thought why not? I like OG Tea, but it I wasnt in love with it. So far I am pleased with Recharge, but this is my first run with it and we shall see.

20181128_110728.jpg

Pretty cool to me.. I know its not the same as doing an actual brewed tea, but for someone like me who has multi things pulling him in differents it works wonders..

Take it easy mag!!

I also would like to make a correction. In my first post I went over in small detail each strain I was running.. Well the Purple Starburst and the Purple Punch 2.0 were created by Symbiotic Genetics as appose to Compound Genetics. I guess thats what you would expect for starting a Journal at 1 am after a couple dabs and no research..

Whats up Mag??

Today marks day 7 of flower for both tents and they are recovering well from the second tuck beneath the scrog. Usually I wait until day 21 or so to start my defoliation, but with how congested the tents are I started to thin out some fan leaves to help improve air flow. I dont plan on defoliating to aggressively right now, but I noticed some condensation on a few fan leaves so I thought it would be a good idea to thin it out. So far I've only done some defoliation in Area 51(4x4) and I will continue to do a little every day for the next few days. Other than that everything is pretty simple. All I am doing at the moment is checking to see which ladies are thirsty and hydrating them.

Betha
20181130_202715.jpg

Area 51
20181130_202731.jpg

Veg is doing well. All of the plants seem to be bouncing back from the lack of nutrients and are starting to take off. After reading Donchiefums journal and finding quadlining I have decided I am going to give Quadlining a try on 2 plants. My original plan was to do a 4 way LST during veg and place the plants under a scrog net during flower. Since Quadlining is very similiar to what my original plan was I figured I would give it a try on 2 plants that I have duplicates of to give a good side by side comparison. Desire and Future would be great candidates due to their structure. Both cultivars lower branches do an excellent job reaching the top and both put out very long fat colas. Currently the only strain that is ready to quadlined is my new addition GG4. I grew GG4 a few years back and have a ton of experience with her, but I lost her do to PM and never got her back until recently. GG4 is one of my all time favs and I am super happy to have her back.
20181130_202931.jpg
I dont know how well you can see it in the picture but there are four sets of established nodes with the 5th coming in. If I understand the concept correctly I would top the plant now, and remove the 1st two sets of nodes leaving the 3rd and fourth set on the plant. Then I would wait 5 days or so for the 4th node set to grow some and then I would start the training bending down the 4th set now and the 3rd set a few days later when they come even with the 4th set.

20181130_202828.jpg

The clones should be picked up this weekend. The grower I am giving these to is someone very close to me and they have been a huge support ever since my daughter was diagnosed back in 2016. My friend isnt rich but he is far from living paycheck to paycheck and the other day we were talking lighting for his new setup and I told him that if I was to start a setup today I would use CMH lighting for my gardens(630 in Flower and 315 in Veg) and he offered to buy me one. I'm not 100% certain it will happen this weekend but there is a small possibility.
20181130_202843.jpg

These are the up and coming ladies. I still have a few that have yet to take off but I think we will see them do so in a few days.

Also my patients have requested some edibles and I plan on making some very soon, but in order to do so I have to make Rosin and I was thinking about putting the process in the journal. I must say though I am no expert at the process and I am not Journaling it to teach others but more for entertainment purposes. Also I would like to add that I do not expect to have any real high grade rosin either. One of the main keys to producing super blonde Rosin and really any concentrate is to use as fresh of trim as possible and my trim is from April, so I dont really expect anything too fancy.. Thats okay though because I am looking for food grade Rosin to make as much butter as possible, but if I can get some good quality rosin to dab on then I will take it. Anyways mag its been real and I will holla at ya later

Nice update I love the glue also never grown straight glue but it’s definitely on the list. The tents should start getting exciting here soon can’t wait.

I can hardly wait for the weeks to come.. It seems like forever ago since I've had anything in flower. I will be honest though, I am a little nervous. I feel kinda rusty and I really need this harvest to turn out well. With my current situation I cannot afford a fail, but since I havent worked in 2 months I find myself with plenty of time to work on things. The only thing is I am dealing with a bit of depression and a ton of stress and at times I seem to get in my own way. I dont mean to get too personal but as long as I live in the moment I should be able to push through.

My history with GG4 is kinda cool. Right after she won the cup here in Michigan in 2014 or 2015 I started looking for a cut of her with no luck. One day I was on craigslist and I found someone who claimed to have it, but they only wanted 10 bucks for a cut. I figured it was a fake, but for 10 bucks I figured why not. Fast forward to the end of flower and I was in a purchasing managers office at a local dispensary. He asked me what was next up and I told him that I had GG4 flushing but I wasnt sure if it was the real deal or not, but either way what I have is insanely fire. He went into his safe and pulled out some GG4 from a very well known Detroit grower named LeafDoctor and immediately I could tell I had the same cut. It was awesome because I had it in rotation when it was still exclusive. Fast forward to now and I was searching for a cut of it for a few months now. A couple of weeks ago a nursery in Ann Arbor named GenoTypeA2 had it on their menu and it just so happens to be from LeafDoctors garden.

I can understand where you are coming from. When I first started to learn about growing I lived in prohibition land. Just talking about growing was risky and I wasnt even growing.. Just learning... And then I moved back home and I could walk into a store and choose from 20 different flavors.. It was kind of mind blowing.. My first time I felt like a kid in a candy store.. lol

Whats up mag? I hope everyone had a good weekend. First I might as well start with the clones in solo cups.. They are still here... My friend had some unexpected work and one of the disadvantages of owning your own company is when work arises you go do it. I will continue to care for them until he is able to make the 2 hr drive to my house. The plants in one gallon pots are coming along nicely and are really starting to take off. As of this morning I went from feeling like I was only going to quadline 2 plants to feeling like ehh fuck it lets do the whole garden.. Well I felt that way all the way up until right after I cut off the bottom two nodes and topped the gorrilla glue plant. Listen I am not new to growing. I have a lot to learn and I am no where near a master, but I have some experience underneath my belt. I have grown in a variety of ways and TBH there is just something a little nerve racking about cutting soo much off of a tiny plant like that.. The good news is the rest of my plants wont be ready for training until after the GG4 recovers and I can make up my mind then
20181203_115900.jpg

Its day 10 in the flower tents. I started to do a light defoliation and that slowly turned into my normal defoliation after the stretch period. I did this for a couple reasons. 1 it was very crowded in there and no light was getting underneath the canopy and the foliage below was starting to look unhealthy and I am a believer that its better to remove that stuff than to keep it. 2 the tents humidity was starting to rise. Not to dangerous levels but with a cramped grow space and some condensation here and there it just made sense. I still have a quadrant to defoliate in the 4x8 and it should give you a good idea of how much I took off. Other than that the only thing I did over the weekend was the final tuck underneath the Scrog net. From here on out the ladies will grow straight up and most likely I will add a second layer of trellis for additional support. I will also do another small defoliation after the stretch is complete.
20181203_101708.jpg

Before
20181203_115822.jpg

after
20181203_115827.jpg

done
20181203_115831.jpg

yet to be completed

Looking good. I know the feeling of chopping so much off the plant lol. It makes you reconsider real quick once u actually start chopping lol. Tents looking good as usual. Do you have pistols yet. Looking forward to close ups once we get some buds.

Yeah bro it got real really quick once I took off everything.. Next thing I new I was sitting there questioning if I can do this without drastically screwing it all up. Some pistills are starting to show but nothing picture worthy. In a few weeks we should have some real eye candy. I am as anxious as you my friend

Whats up Mag??

Yesterday was a big day for the state of Michigan.. Dec 6th Cannabis officially became legal and I decided to celebrate with putting in some work in my garden and for my patients. FYI this is going to be a long post..

A lot has gone on in the garden since the last update. There wont be any pictures of the garden but I will detail what has been done.. In my last update I lollipopped the lowers and defoliated the canopy of the of the 3 quadrants in my tents.. Well over the past couple of days I continued to do a quadrant(4plants) a day and now all the plants have been thinned and stripped. Everything has bounced back and is looking nice and healthy. Today is day 14 and for the next couple of weeks the girls will grow without manipulation and the focus will be to keep them as happy as can be.

In the veg I started the quadlining training. It goes to figure that the day after I trained most of the plants that someone would ask in Ase's thread about training clones vs plants from seeds. In ase's answer to the question he said to try and find 4 sets of nodes that are close together and form your quad there. I followed more of the rule from seed and kept the 3rd and 4th node. Well most of my plants have a bit of a stretch between the 3rd and 4th node, so this may end up being more of a traditional 4 way lst but we will see how it goes.. So far the only plant that I have began to bend and train is GG4. Bending them is a little tricky and on one of the branches there was a tear were the node and the stem meet but I am pretty sure the plant will heal just fine. I also cleaned up the lowers of the clones in cups.. Nothing major just the lower stuff that was deep in the cup.

I also made some Rosin.. Finally.. Its so hard to find the time to be able to get away. I would have thought with not working it would be easy to focus on the garden and do things like make rosin, but with all the appointments from the hospice care team visiting each day and other fatherly responsibilities my day gets taken up pretty quickly. However, it is done.. I think I will log it in its own post

To start I feel the need to reiterate that I am no where near an expert in making rosin or dry sift. If you are reading this trying to learn please feel free to make an understanding of my process, but there are a lot of others on this site and across the net that I would suggest you read up on..

As I stated in earlier posts one of the keys to producing high quality Rosin is your starting material.. There is nothing more critical.. The saying goes "quality in, quality out" and the fresher the better and with that being said my material is dry trim from april, but even with 7 month old trim I can say I am satisfied with the results.
20181206_171159.jpg

The first step in my process is to turn my trim into dry ice hash. I used a 160 Micron bubble bag and filled the bottom layer with Dry Ice and then poured an ounce or so on top and then placed another layer of Dry Ice on top of the trim.. My goal was to smother the trim with dry ice and then wait 5 mins or so for the trim to get as cold as possible.. Then I do two shakes.. The first is for one minute and it is a rather gentle shake.. I am trying to collect the highest quality in the first 60 seconds.. The second shake is for 2 minutes and it is a lot rougher.. My goal here is yeild.. This 2nd shake will be food grade for edibles.
20181206_171251.jpg

First Shake
20181206_171300.jpg

2nd Shake
20181206_171705.jpg

1st shake collected
20181206_171715.jpg

2nd shake collected

After the shake is collected I break out the press.. I have a 10 ton press I purchased from net. I use 46 micron rosin bags I pick up from a local head shop. When filling the bags I try to focus on filling the corners and seams and then I use a mason jar to pre press the bags(a pre-press mold would be prefered). I pressed the first and 2nd shake separate.. For the 1st shake I pressed at two different temps 180 for three mins and 205 for two minutes.. I only noticed a difference in yeild, but not quality.. I havent sampled both yet but it is good to note that the lower temp presses general preserve more terpenes, so the flavor of the lower temp presses is probably better. The 2nd shake dry ice was pressed at 225 for 2 minutes and I noticed for my press(yours might be different) that yield is great but I noticed a burn smell and therefor I wont use this high of a temperature for anything I plan on dabbing. The press at 225 yielded 30% and the press at 205 yielded 25% and the press at 180 was 20%
20181206_190941.jpg

20181206_190935.jpg
20181206_192042.jpg

20181206_204938.jpg

food grade press
20181206_204843.jpg

1st shake press

Back
Top Bottom