@45thdegreeMP3 thanks for the heads up on Calmag. PB is a bit sensitive but she is most certainly worth figuring out. Third coast Genetics owner and breeder goes by maxyeilds on Ig and I contacted him there. I dont believe he has a huge following and for the life of me I dont know why. He is one of my favorite Mitten growers. Another good michigan follow is bonez grown or pure options. Thanks for the props for me and my state. I am a big fan of Oregon as well. I almost moved there and still might one day. If it wasnt so expensive I'd already be there. I had my eye on Salem.

I'm not a huge fan of Salem. It's ok but I'd rather be on the outskirts of Portland or in Southern Oregon. Southern Oregon has better weather and Portland has a lot of great food and events. Nature is very quick to get to so you can get out of the big city craziness within an hour. Salem to me is just kind of boring but there are a lot of great hikes and nature in the area. It reminds me of a typical capital city though. I'm never leaving this state unless there just is an offer I can't refuse.

BTW, great job on the training and I'm glad you are paying close attention to what Chief does. He's a great one to learn from.

Ase! What up man? Yeah salem is alright.. Portland &eugene are way more chill &you can grow some super bomb outdoor down in southern oregon. @Bchris22 have you heard of beyond top shelf from michigan? He has some exotic genetics crosses i would love to get.. I just traded someone some of my genetics for starfighter f2 x mint chocolate chip bx with mint chocolate chip so pretty excited about that one. Anyways off to bed have a good night.

Thanks man than means a lot seeing that you were killing it before this I’m sure. I saw my bank has some 3rd Coast Genetics. I’m thinking of getting the some from his IG everything looks fire

No problem bro.. This will be my first time running his gear, but like you said everything he grows looks amazing.. He certainly has some skills.. Hopefully I can do his gear some justice.. What bank do you use??

I'm not a huge fan of Salem. It's ok but I'd rather be on the outskirts of Portland or in Southern Oregon. Southern Oregon has better weather and Portland has a lot of great food and events. Nature is very quick to get to so you can get out of the big city craziness within an hour. Salem to me is just kind of boring but there are a lot of great hikes and nature in the area. It reminds me of a typical capital city though. I'm never leaving this state unless there just is an offer I can't refuse.

BTW, great job on the training and I'm glad you are paying close attention to what Chief does. He's a great one to learn from.

If I had my way I would move to the portland area as well.. I am a city kid and Portland seems like a cool place, but for the size of home I would need to support my family I dont think I can afford it.. Its been a few years since I have looked, but at the time Salem seemed to be reasonably affordable.. Oregon is a beautiful state and I dont blame you for never wanting to leave.. If Michigan wasnt so cold I dont think I would ever want to leave either, but I lived down south for almost 8 years and I miss the mild winters and 8 months of inviting weather

Ase! What up man? Yeah salem is alright.. Portland &eugene are way more chill &you can grow some super bomb outdoor down in southern oregon. @Bchris22 have you heard of beyond top shelf from michigan? He has some exotic genetics crosses i would love to get.. I just traded someone some of my genetics for starfighter f2 x mint chocolate chip bx with mint chocolate chip so pretty excited about that one. Anyways off to bed have a good night.

Dude that cross sounds niiiice. I just started to follow him today and he is someone I am going to keep my eye on.. Maybe in the future I will give his gear a try... There are so many good breeders out there it feels impossible to get to them all.. Another strain that has my eye is banana punch from symbiotic.. I have seen some killer phenos online

Howdy 45th!

If I had my way I would move to the portland area as well.. I am a city kid and Portland seems like a cool place, but for the size of home I would need to support my family I dont think I can afford it.. Its been a few years since I have looked, but at the time Salem seemed to be reasonably affordable.. Oregon is a beautiful state and I dont blame you for never wanting to leave.. If Michigan wasnt so cold I dont think I would ever want to leave either, but I lived down south for almost 8 years and I miss the mild winters and 8 months of inviting weather

I've heard many good things about Michigan and you are right about Portland being awesome, but it's hella expensive. I'm looking to move out of the city limits to get a place with a little land. In the city is damn near impossible to buy a decent sized house unless you catch a break somehow. The housing market hasn't dropped here in like 20 years. Such a fun big city though and the progressive thinking out here is rad. When marijuana becomes legal as a nation Oregon will be a hotspot for growing and shipping around the nation. It'll probably replace our timber industry.

No problem bro.. This will be my first time running his gear, but like you said everything he grows looks amazing.. He certainly has some skills.. Hopefully I can do his gear some justice.. What bank do you use??

His handle on IG is thinktankseedbank. I don’t think he is a super big seed bank but he normally has fire that I don’t see other places.

I just finished catching up on your journal. My heart goes out to you. You've had a rough time. I hope your daughter is doing better and prayers go out to you and your family.
you have a beautiful set up and garden. I m going to keep an eye on this journal and pick up some pointers. I hope everyone has had a safe and happy Christmas.

Just stopping by I hope you had a good Christmas :passitleft:

Whats up Don? How was your Christmas? Our Christmas was fantastic and I couldnt have hoped for better. Thanks to some awesome charities, friends, and family many memories were made..

I just finished catching up on your journal. My heart goes out to you. You've had a rough time. I hope your daughter is doing better and prayers go out to you and your family.
you have a beautiful set up and garden. I m going to keep an eye on this journal and pick up some pointers. I hope everyone has had a safe and happy Christmas.

Thank you for the well wishes and welcome to the journal. My daughter has continued to improve and things are going good..

Whats up Don? How was your Christmas? Our Christmas was fantastic and I couldnt have hoped for better. Thanks to some awesome charities, friends, and family many memories were made..

Thank you for the well wishes and welcome to the journal. My daughter has continued to improve and things are going good..
That's great news. I'm glad to hear it. Looks like your grow keeps you plenty busy. How many plants are you allowed to flower at a time.

I’m glad all was good. I had a great Christmas just spent time with the family. Hope you have a good New Years looking forward to seeing how the garden is doing.

Whats up Mag?? I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. As I stated above our Christmas was one of the best ever.. We had two charities that wanted to help us out this year and they went above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined.. Plus the weekend before my sister through a party for all of my family(its big) and she did a really good job planning activities that created some really cool memories..

This week has been a busy one in the garden and in life.. I went back to work the day after Christmas and in 4 days I put in 44hrs. This time of year we are extremely busy and my job is physically demanding and lets just say I am thankful for my day off.. With me going back to work I can only promise weekly updates.. Ideally I would like to post an update a week on the garden and another post that is random thoughts which may or may not pertain to the garden. Hopefully the 12 hr days will slow down and I will have more then a couple of hours at home before I have to go to sleep.. It would be a lot easier to sit down and type my thoughts out then. I might not have been on the Mag much lately but I think about it all the time..

Were should we start?? I have made a habit of starting in Veg first, so lets do it!! All of the plants are doing well.. Every couple of days I have readjusted the pipe cleaners to lay the branches flat and with a few I have had to tie down the nodes on the 4 main branches down because it seemed like all of the energy of the plant was being concentrated to there. Some of my plants are looking pretty cool like a mad scientist was working with em..
Overview
20181228_220613.jpg

GG4 Training
20181228_220618.jpg

On the 26th while I was training a plant I noticed a spot on a leaf(Sorry I dont have a pic).. I pulled out the ole handy dandy scope and found a dead spider mite...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

After the panic faded I developed a plan. So far thankfully I have only noticed a bug once on one plant in veg, but I am going to assume there are more and I will treat things with that mindset.. The good news is I have found this early, but it is vital I stop these mites from creating an infestation.. I havent found anything in the flower room and I will continue to check everyday, but I wont treat for mites unless I find something that tells me I need to. I have two insecticides on hand, Captain Jacks and Nuke em. I like to treat with multiple insecticides because in the past I have had my best results with doing so.. Both insecticides are easy on the plant and both are safe for crops meant for consumption.. Nuke em is the most aggressive and will kill both the mites and its eggs.. From what I understand Captain Jacks will only kill the mites, but with that being said I love this stuff. I plan on doing four sprayings (I've already done two) three days apart alternating between pesticides and then after that I will do a weekly treatment with Jacks. I havent found anything since the initial spraying and I am keeping my fingers crossed I never will.

The flower room is doing well, but the update might sound kind of horrible.. I am the type of grower that likes to focus on what is wrong vs what is going great.. I think that kind of thinking keeps me with a level head(I hate the egos that a lot of growers have) and it helps me develop into a better grower. I have two main issues at the moment and I will start in the order that they appeared.. In the 4x8 Tent I noticed yellowing and crispy leaves concentrated directly underneath the light on all 4 of the plants underneath it.. To me it was pretty obvious that the reflector of the hood focuses the light into this area and it was too intense and causing issues. To fix the issue I turned the light down.. It sucks to loose the extra wattage, but the end product will be better for it.. The second issue is one that I really could have avoided if I didnt try to over fix things. Remember I was having trouble with the Putas breath spotting and showing early yellowing.. I have noticed the same thing on a few other plants, so last week I decided to bump up not only calmag but I also decided to feed at the high end of the feeding chart for all nutrients.. At first everything seemed Kosher and then Saturdayish I found some leaf burning throughout the garden.. It doesnt seem to be having a major negative effect but I need to back off of the nutrients. I am going to give them all a heavy watering of plain H20 and from here on out I will feed in the medium strength area.

The next thing I want to focus on is the CMH lighting.. I am trying not to get too hype about this thing before I have the final results, but its getting kinda hard.. The resin production in this room in on another level compared to the HPS tent.. We will see how things end up turning out, but if I had to decide today I would switch over to CMH.. However, they do run warmer and my temps in the 4x4 cmh tent fluctuate more than the 4x8 HPS tent

HPS Purple Punch
20181228_204040.jpg

CMH Purple Punch
20181228_203228.jpg

4x4 CMH Canopy
20181228_203326.jpg

4x8 HPS canopy
20181228_203846.jpg

Putas Breath(CMH)
20181228_203018.jpg

Desire(CMH)
20181228_203313(0).jpg

Future(HPS)
20181228_203943.jpg

Purple Starburst(HPS)
20181228_204103.jpg

That's great news. I'm glad to hear it. Looks like your grow keeps you plenty busy. How many plants are you allowed to flower at a time.
Yeah the ladies do keep me busy but I dont mind it.. For me it is a place that I can go and workout whatever is on my mind.. I am a medical caregiver in MI and at the moment I am allowed 48 plants, but soon I should be at the full capacity of 72. At the moment I have 12 plants in flower..

I’m glad all was good. I had a great Christmas just spent time with the family. Hope you have a good New Years looking forward to seeing how the garden is doing.
I dont have many plans for New Years other than spending it with the fam, but I dont want it any other way.. You got any exciting planned??

Yeah the ladies do keep me busy but I dont mind it.. For me it is a place that I can go and workout whatever is on my mind.. I am a medical caregiver in MI and at the moment I am allowed 48 plants, but soon I should be at the full capacity of 72. At the moment I have 12 plants in flower..
I couldn't imagine. Hope you have a big trimming crew.

I dont have many plans for New Years other than spending it with the fam, but I dont want it any other way.. You got any exciting planned??

Nothing much I’ve been going over to a friends family party for about 10 years now I think I’m just going to hang out nothing much.

t/
I couldn't imagine. Hope you have a big trimming crew.
Nope, its just me and my wife these last couple of rounds.. Before We had our youngest daughter my wife could trim 24 five foot plants a week!! Even though I will be able to have 72 I probably wont ever have more than 24 in flower at one time.. I want the higher plant count because I am thinking about taking donations for clones for the locals i

Nice update the flower tents look on point to me keep up the perfection. Can’t wait to see the veg tent in like 2 weeks it’s going to be crazy in there.
Thanks bro and I will.. I would agree this round is going good so far but its far from perfect.. I will take some photos of my mistakes with the next post.. I just hope nothing new springs up

Whats up Mag??

Today marks day 44 of flower and 48 of Veg. Due to the limits on how many pics you can post in an update I am going to do this update in two posts.. Starting with Veg.. The ladies are doing well. All plants have received their fourth pesticide spray and so far I am happy to report I havent seen anything concerning since before the first spray. I feel I am now in the stage of veg where growth is more rapid. Earlier in the week I was training the nodes on the main branches when I ran out of pipe cleaners. It was late that night and I wasnt going to make a store run to pick up more so I pulled out an old trick I learned from subcool originally designed to encourage the plant to bush out. What I did was take my thumb and pointer finger and ran them up the branch carefully bending the branch down below the level of the head of the main branch
20190106_142720.jpg

In the beginning my plants looked like this
20190106_142703.jpg

After the training my plants look like this
20190106_142848.jpg

This style of training works very well, but without tying the branches down the branches recover over night and I have to do it over again the next day.. It only takes a few minutes but after a few days the branches seem to stay in place.. I wouldnt say it is as effective as tying the branches down, but it does seem to be working.. I finally am starting to feel like the plants are filling out to my desire and soon I plan on letting them grow up instead of encouraging them to widen out. I have 21 days until the flower room is harvested and will be filled with these ladies.. In that time I have to take clones and I am still not sure how that will work out. Ideally I would like to give the plants at least 10 days to recover before I flip to flower, so I have 11 days to monitor growth and figure it out.

Here are some cool shots of a couple of plants in veg
20190106_143540.jpg

20190106_142545.jpg

This is the runt of the litter and I think I might cull her. It is a purple punch.. Currently I have 15 plants in Veg and I only need 12 for flower and my space is starting to get limited in the tent so doing away with my 3 least favorite plants makes sense.
20190106_143840.jpg

One of my 4 way LST plants
20190106_142636.jpg

I also received the beans from 3rd Coast Genetics finally.. It took a little longer than I would have preferred but I received them so I cannot complain.. After these ladies are in flower I think I will pop them.. There were 11 in the pack so hopefully the gods will bless me and I will end up with 6 females to choose from..

At last the flowering update.. Sunday is also family funday, so I had some fun stuff to do with the wifey and kiddos... Parenting can be a trying but it can be very rewarding as well.. I have all stages.. My son is the oldest and he is of driving age, my 2nd oldest is thirteen, my third child is seven and my youngest is one.. My three youngest are girls and they keep my hands full..

The flowering ladies are doing well.. I wont lie I wish they were doing better but in reality I cant complain.. The two strains that are bothering me the most is Marrion Berry and Putas Breath... PB is a strain that I feel can be so much more than what it is I just cant seem to unlock its potential.. MB is a bit different.. I pheno hunted it myself and I have pushed it sooo much further than were it is currently at.. I just hope that the next round I will be able to get her back to the quality she is capable of.. Hopefully the neglect and poor health she was in over the summer wont degrade the generations to come... For now I will just assume it was my error because she was blossoming until I bumped up the feedings.

Over the week I defoliated all three quadrants... Usually during flower I do four defoliations.. One a week or so before in preparation of flower.. the second twenty one days in, the third on day fourty two and the last one the week of harvest.. The pics of the canopy in the 4x8 are just before I finished the final quadrant.. On the flipside of things the plants I am the most excited about are the Purple Starburst and the Purple Punch.. Both cultivars seem to be thriving and I think are going to come to an amazing finish..

4x4 Canopy
20190106_101242.jpg

4x8 Canopy
20190106_102520.jpg

Putas Breath
20190106_101316.jpg

Future
20190106_102142.jpg

Marrion Berry
20190106_102207.jpg

Desire
20190106_101848.jpg