BCNL BloomBox

Sometimes it's from overwatering, these first few weeks the plants are pretty small and need very little water. I'd try skipping the evening watering and see how the auto water does for them. These like a slightly dryer medium to build roots, so a moist medium is good, soaked is not. I think once they get some good leafs out they will perk up.

But just for learning sake, I'd try skipping the extra watering in this early stage.

When mine are sprouted I water them once every 4-5 days, soil. Small 1/2 gal pot. In hydro the medium and roots dictate how the water is used so it's hard to explain. You have water touching the bottom of the Rockwell cubes?, so it is wicking the water like a sponge up to the roots, but also causing the roots to search a bit for the water that is lower than the medium. Eventually you will have huge hair balls of roots below your plants.

I'm also pretty new, but this is what I have noticed and done. So take it not as rule, but as a suggestion from my experience as limited as it is right now.

Hope it's helpful

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Awesome man so would you even recommend taking away the drip system for now until late the Rockwool dries up abit than put the auto drip system back into the Rockwool? & I'm still going to drain the reservoir and just run straight water for a week and see where that takes the 7 golden girls and hey, thanks for the input I could use all the help I can get with this first time hydro grow! And some people have told me I shouldn't top, nor mainline them but I don't see why not if I can do this as early as possible no? & maybe just flower early!? The book that comes with the box says to start flower cycle at 8" of height, but when I LST and TOP ETC, that will put it into a lag phase also no? So it will post pone flowering time for a couple of weeks correct?! And cheers man!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Awesome man so would you even recommend taking away the drip system for now until late the Rockwool dries up abit than put the auto drip system back into the Rockwool? & I'm still going to drain the reservoir and just run straight water for a week and see where that takes the 7 golden girls . and hey, thanks for the input I could use all the help I can get with this first time hydro grow! And some people have told me I shouldn't top, nor mainline them but I don't see why not if I can do this as early as possible no? & maybe just flower early!? The book that comes with the box says to start flower cycle at 8" of height, but when I LST and TOP ETC, that will put it into a lag phase also no? So it will post pone flowering time for a couple of weeks correct?! And cheers man!!

I wouldn't take the drip away, just don't supplement for a bit see how that effects them.

The instructions that came with the box say what exactly? My box ( not the same maker by far ) explained what to do down to the t.
You need nutes in the water as there is no other place for it to get nutrients from. Soil grows get it from the dirt, you are suspending it in the water bath under neath and dripping. So if you take out the nutes the plants might not react well in this early stage. You have to remember the water/ nutrient solution is where it gets the needed nutrients to grow, water alone isn't enough. You can flush, but don't starve them. I wouldn't complicate it right away, small changes otherwise you won't know what is causing the problems.

My impression of the bloom box was it was mostly automatic. Set and let it go. My box is a dumbed down version with no drip, and basically all I did for my hydro grow was clean and change the nutrient tub under neath once a week. They grew fine. But I was scared and skeptical at first.

LST/ mainlining I would hold off for Atleast awhile, if not skip it on this grow. Not that it's hard to do, but if you are unfamiliar with the plant and how it acts and reacts it will actually cause more variables and frustration. Yes LST and mainlining will pause growth for a day or so as the plant recovers. But not weeks.

You would probably not LST or top till Atleast 3/4 nodes have developed, it's to early now to achieve what you want.

I LST after about two weeks in veg growth, sometimes 3. But my box is small, and my height dictates when. The plant will reach up when you put it in flower, sometimes doubling in height. So that's why they recommend a height to start, I ignored that once and had a plant out grow my box, kind of heart breaking.

Take it slow, don't rush in thinking your going to get pounds on your first grow. It's gona be a learning experience. But it comes quickly

I wouldn't take the drip away, just don't supplement for a bit see how that effects them.

The instructions that came with the box say what exactly? My box ( not the same maker by far ) explained what to do down to the t.
You need nutes in the water as there is no other place for it to get nutrients from. Soil grows get it from the dirt, you are suspending it in the water bath under neath and dripping. So if you take out the nutes the plants might not react well in this early stage. You have to remember the water/ nutrient solution is where it gets the needed nutrients to grow, water alone isn't enough. You can flush, but don't starve them. I wouldn't complicate it right away, small changes otherwise you won't know what is causing the problems.

My impression of the bloom box was it was mostly automatic. Set and let it go. My box is a dumbed down version with no drip, and basically all I did for my hydro grow was clean and change the nutrient tub under neath once a week. They grew fine. But I was scared and skeptical at first.

LST/ mainlining I would hold off for Atleast awhile, if not skip it on this grow. Not that it's hard to do, but if you are unfamiliar with the plant and how it acts and reacts it will actually cause more variables and frustration. Yes LST and mainlining will pause growth for a day or so as the plant recovers. But not weeks.

You would probably not LST or top till Atleast 3/4 nodes have developed, it's to early now to achieve what you want.

I LST after about two weeks in veg growth, sometimes 3. But my box is small, and my height dictates when. The plant will reach up when you put it in flower, sometimes doubling in height. So that's why they recommend a height to start, I ignored that once and had a plant out grow my box, kind of heart breaking.

Take it slow, don't rush in thinking your going to get pounds on your first grow. It's gona be a learning experience. But it comes quickly

See I was thinking the same about just letting the first round just do its thing and see what the end product is like, & I know I am just curious because some people have said that by doing so with the (topping/lts) in the box it will become out of control for the size restrictions. Plus I obviously would like to maximize yield and quality! And that is also very true each plant is diferent right! Just like us ahaha. Plus its kinda hectic that their all random strains but it's all gravey ill just take care of them as they go!!! And thanks for you're time and knowledge .

Did you change anything and how are they doing? With indoor and hydro grows sometimes day to day changes can be dramatic. Interested if things are improving

I drained the reservoir the other night and I also put them into the veg chamber instead of the veg/flower chamber, looking a shit load happier will be posting pics shortly after my workout, I also filled the tub with the nutes for them also, went back to week 1 just due to the "single" leafs yellowing and them not praying to the light gods, lol but just from lastnight changing their home and putting in a straight vegetative growth 125W light they are happy:) thanks for asking my friend, you have anything on the go atm?

I didn't know you had them under the flower light already, the seedlings/ sprouts sometimes can't handle the extra power that people pump at it in flower. That could have been a bit of why some were unhappy.

Yea interested to see some pics when you get a chance

Yea I have small grow going it's almost over actually

Pstarsr - Cabinet Grow - LED/CFL - Cheesy - Clone Grow

420-magazine-mobile515858339.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1234599979.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2011153763.jpg

420-magazine-mobile793299531.jpg

420-magazine-mobile317011926.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1889331949.jpg

420-magazine-mobile897053916.jpg

Here's is all 7 in the veg/clone chamber, under the 125W veg light. Light cycle is still at 18/6 with morning watering automatically from 8:45am-8:50am some of the little gyals have a couple roots through the bottom of the 3" Rockwool. I will get pictures of that in a few days after they all have popped through and are well on their way, I feel as if they look happier under this light currently until they are further along their VEG life cycle...really hoping that the yellowing will stop and they will stay strong I just restarted veg week 1 on the 11litre reservoir? I used (GROW) (COMMON) (VEG BOOM) & (PROP-O-GATOR) PH WAS AT 5.6. any tips so far for hydro!?

Did you change anything and how are they doing? With indoor and hydro grows sometimes day to day changes can be dramatic. Interested if things are improving

Changed their lighting and home currently hoping for improvement:)

I didn't know you had them under the flower light already, the seedlings/ sprouts sometimes can't handle the extra power that people pump at it in flower. That could have been a bit of why some were unhappy.

Yeah man I truly believe that the lighting was the issue, and I also just went back to week 1 nutes just to be safe ahahaha thanks for the input as always man

Mhhm that's wicked man looks really good so far! And 4 weeks into veg and it bloomed suddenly if I'm not mistaken?

Mhhm that's wicked man looks really good so far! And 4 weeks into veg and it bloomed suddenly if I'm not mistaken?

Thanks, but no this plant was a clone in the veg tent, I brought it home and vegged it for a week, then switched my lights and time cycle for flower. I planned the switch, it was already about 4 weeks veg when I brought it home

Thanks, but no this plant was a clone in the veg tent, I brought it home and vegged it for a week, then switched my lights and time cycle for flower. I planned the switch, it was already about 4 weeks veg when I brought it home

Ahhh fair enough man! Can't wait to see the finished product!

DAY 14, I'd say their going strong so far other than the one I'd the far right corner is yellowing on the outside of the leaves, gonna try and figure out what her issue is! I covered the Rockwool with carload due to algae growth, hoping to drastically reduce it or eliminate it! I also added the fan from the flower chamber onto the VEG side for better sir circulation and also to get their strength up as much as possible :) any thoughts or concerns are greatly appreciated! Happy growing!

420-magazine-mobile1404473572.jpg

Those are looking good, nice and perky! Once they get some more leafs things will start to change quicker.

Don't over think it, first two leafs tend to be wasted anyways as those are from seedling stage. As long as new growth isn't showing any signs of problem let em be. This could be from your first two weeks of uncertainty that caused the yellowing. Nothing you can do with change the yellow back to green, it's done. Keep an eye on new leafs and make sure they aren't yellowing. So far they don't seem to be from the pic!

Can't wait to see how they progress!

Those are looking good, nice and perky! Once they get some more leafs things will start to change quicker.

Don't over think it, first two leafs tend to be wasted anyways as those are from seedling stage. As long as new growth isn't showing any signs of problem let em be. This could be from your first two weeks of uncertainty that caused the yellowing. Nothing you can do with change the yellow back to green, it's done. Keep an eye on new leafs and make sure they aren't yellowing. So far they don't seem to be from the pic!

Can't wait to see how they progress!

Awesome man glad to hear ahaha, yeah man just after the short 48 hour period of being under the 125watt VEG light they have been loving life and praying to the light lords ahahaha! And me too man so pumped to see what is to come! & I'm possibly thinking about turning the really short dark green indica looking one into a mother so I can get a continuous cycle going! And get some practice in as well! But like always thanks for the input man have a goodnight:)

You could leave the fan on, make sure it's not directly blowing on any. Make it indirect right now. Don't want to dry out your medium from direct airflow. The exhaust fan is running 24/7 right?

Training strong aggressive young plants! Early defoliation and LST scrapped off the algae and will be spraying the Rockwool with hydro peroxide and water tomorrow, very happy with the progress so far! Excited to see how they adapt to the LST it's always one of my go too tricks for a nice Bushyplant!

420-magazine-mobile1699481979.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1311447722.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1429226643.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1530790520.jpg

420-magazine-mobile681454602.jpg

420-magazine-mobile443446621.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1245310210.jpg

Those are looking good now! Be careful using sandwich ties the metal can sometimes cut into the stem causing problems. Just keep an eye on it.

Your on track for a fun harvest if these are all ladies

Back
Top Bottom