Be Irie.. BG,WR, and mystery 1st grow

Ok, I guess it is time to get this going.. I am adding supplies and stuff as I can afford too. As of now the room is a 4'x4'x6.5' tent. I do not have any of the can fans for intake and exhaust yet but do have a box fan in there to help with the temps. The temps are usually in the low to high 80's. I am on 24 hr light schedule using a 400 MH (first week was a 400 HPS) I have four babies going 2-BG and 2-MB and 2-WR are sprouting as we speak (the first two germed but never sprouted) They are all in 3 gal containers with either FF or MG or a mix of both organic soil ( just want to see if there is any diff).
I have not used any ferts yet and have been watering about every 3-4 days, I have the tiger bloom for flowering and yes Boss and Moose I am ordering some of the sea kelp ( liquid or powder which is recomended)..:grinjoint:

BG= Bubble Gum
WR=White Rhino
MB=Mystery Bag (2 of each) Master Kush,Afghan,PPP,Skunk#1, and Blue Mystic.... I cant wait to try a few of these.. Maybe some can help in identifying these when the time comes..:cheesygrinsmiley:

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

It is on.... I submitted some pics.. My BG's and MB's are 12 days young.. On one of my BG's the leaves are curling up and looking like taco ( thats what I named it for now)It seems to be growing well otherwise, colors are all good. Any ideas??? I may overreact to everything that happens and I apoligize for this now.. I feel like a new parent and am way overly cautious..

On another note, I am doing this for my S/O who has M.S. It is all about QUALITY not quantity.. So any suggestions, help, opinions, and anything else to make this a smooth trip is much appreciated...... Peace to you all..

damn, those pics had my mouth watering..OK, question, would there be any benefit to using both a MH and an HPS during the veg stage.. I did start them out with the h[ps until I got my MH. I have read that there is a benefit to using both for flowering (MH is supposed to make it more potent)or would I just be wasting electricty. All my strains are short to med. in height and my plan is to grow all the ladies to their full potential..:bongrip:

Hps will be good for flowering. Did you measure your room, or is that a guess? I ask for lighting reasons.

Remember your height may be 6.5 feet, but you need a 6" to a foot for the light and a 6" or more for heat, so keeping the plants height manageable should be a concern. Cant wait for pics dude :)

It is a true 4x4x6.5.... I see what you are saying now, the heat, the 10-12 " for the pot.....there goes two feet of height right off the bat..Ok, thanks for the reality check boss...I was already dreaming of six foot indoor beauties...:loopy:

If you can take care of the heat, by all means use both. Chances are, they will grow at different rates because of the strain, and it would be nice to be able to alternate heights as well. But I am worried about the heat. Most people do very well in flowering with just HPS.

I am hoping to be able to get the intake and exhaust fans here soon, then I should be able to get an actual grip on the heat issues.. If I crank the box fan up I can drop the temp down to the low 80's and high 70's, but it seems like an awful lot of wind... I guess right now the i am just so confused of the light height.. I keep it as close as I can to the plant without the temp going into the nineties.. the light is 13" above the top of the plant now and it is at 87.4 F and the fan is on med speed...should I try and get it closer and crank the fan?

MH (Metal Halide) bulbs produce a more blue spectrum that is idealy suited for vegetative growth. MH bulbs will give you lush green growth and shorter spaces between nodes.

HPS (High-Pressure Sodium) bulbs produce a more orange-red spectrum of light which is more suited for flowering. HPS bulbs replicate sunlight in the fall harvest season which aids in massive blooming.

I started them out for the first week on an HPS and thought it was doing good but they seemed a bit stretchy..Then I got them under the MH and the stacks tightened up and the stalk seemed to fatten up. They are staying nice and tight under the MH.

Hey Irie, I had some heat issues of my own. Actually, I still do. My 400hps keeps my tent at a constant 90 degrees. Even hotter close to the light. I have 4 little fans and a carbon filter going. Plus I'm constantly opening the flaps on the tent to let fresh air in. But anyway,...

12inches away sounds about right for your plants. Just keep a close eye on those top leaves. They'll tell you if they like the light. And, IMO, cranking the fan up is a good thing. You'll get nice thick stems. Just make sure you don't have a bunch of dirt flying around. Luck to you man!

Back
Top Bottom