Beam angle

My driver is at 108f, at full blast
The 288 bds are 85f at heat sink or bulb side

That doesn't mean the driver produce more heat than the lights, at all :)

Two 288s on a heatsink at 260w AC will have a light to heat ratio of around 50/50, 260w AC will give the boards around 240w DC which means you get 120 heat watts from the light.

This driver is 92,5% energy efficient, so at 260 watt it's around 20 heat watts which is around 15% of the total heat output of 140 heat watts.
So in this setup a decrease of around 15% of the total heat produced will be achieved by removing the driver from the tent ;)

not a great pic but you can see that theres almost no slack in the wire thats connecting the driver to the actual board, the power cord is plenty long though

its a hlg260

it only lpads half the picture in alot of the pics i post

You need wire and 2x 2-port wago connectors like the ones in use now, it's just a matter of ''extending'' the two wires from the driver with two pieces of wire connected to the driver output leads with wago connectors.

I grabbed one of these 260 quantum boards and the heat it’s producing is far beyond what I expected.

More than 3.412141633 BTU per hour per watt? Because that's how much heat I'd expect. Plus the usual bunch for the power supply/supplies if you've got them in the grow space, too. E.g., running at 150 watts, I'd expect it to produce ~511.82 BTU/hour. Then add the gross heat produced by the PS.

I could be wrong.

Remember, the heat sinks on these things don't make the heat disappear, lol, they just help move it away from the components - at which point, it's still in your grow space.

I've often wondered why, if people encounter heat issues (or think they have), they don't end up boxing the heat sinks in, putting a fan at one end, some kind of duct at the other, and just blowing that heat straight out of the grow space:hmmmm:.

I've often wondered why, if people encounter heat issues (or think they have), they don't end up boxing the heat sinks in, putting a fan at one end, some kind of duct at the other, and just blowing that heat straight out of the grow space:hmmmm:.

I had already attached my ducting directly to the Heatsink and driver but it wasn’t effective. I saw a thread where someone duct tape a box to the top. Seemed like slightly more work than extending the wires and removing the driver. I tend to be lazy and look for quick fixes. If I still have the shipping box and a wild hair grows up my ass I’ll give it a shot and let y’all know.

Back
Top Bottom