Beardee's First CFL Closet Grow

It's looking good. Giving it another 10 days before the flip is a good choice, it will give this smaller shoots some time to get a little vertical growth. After you switch to 12/12 you can tie them down a little to control the stretch and through out flowering to help keep them lower.

Nice, thank you dirt ! I'll definitely keep you guys posted until then. She's looking healthy as ever, so no problems there anymore. The epsom salt worked miracles. I'm feeding her only ph regulated water atm, and every third day a bit of biobizz grow. It seems like she doesn't really need anything right now, I'm guessing the pre-fertilized dirt had some good quantities. Cheers again all yall, see you in couple days ;)

Alright ladies and gents, we have day 42 of veg. Plan is doing absolutely great, and is making a very happy panda. I'm thinking 8 more days and then flip to 12/12 and flower nutes. Atm I'm giving her ph regulated water, with biobizz activera, she really loves that stuff :cool: .. Continuing my rookie LST work heh. Temps are 24C night, 28C day. Erm what else, I guess that's pretty much all I wanted to say in todays update ;), oh one question actually when I'm flipping to 12/12 am I gonna give her full 24 hours of dark ? I'm gonna do some research but it never hurts to ask. Cheers everyone for stopping by, if it is lurking in the shadows or posting I appreciate it :slide: ! See yall next update. Here have some pictures

DSCN158010.JPG
DSCN15778.JPG

Heya,, regarding the dark period before the flip,, some do it,, forty eight hours dark,, that is what I have done,, some said it helps push the plant into flower mode,, me, no opinion as to effect. I have not enough experience with that technique. One thing about the dark,, it must be dark,, no cheating pleaseand one thing about cfls, keep em close friend,, two inches is too far, away that is,, cheers friend

Hi there everyone, I need you help asap. Got a problem, and I can't identify what it is, I was thinking nute burn ?But then again, I'm giving her almost no nutes at all, just ph regulated water. So I guess some kind of deficiency. In any case I need an advice. Appreciate every opinion guys, thank you ;)

DSCN159610.JPG
DSCN15959.JPG
DSCN15947.JPG
DSCN15938.JPG

Hi there, back with another update. This time it's bad news tho. So yeah, the problem only got worse, all the leaves are canoeing down, drying out like crazy, all the leaves are super thin all of the sudden. Really have no idea what is wrong, I'm about to give up, but I think the plant will beat me to it at this rate. Anyway, if anyone has any idea I would really really appreciate any help what so ever, I did tons of research, but I just don't know .. Thought it might be potassium deficiency for a while, but I dunno anymore. The leaves that were the worst fell off, I got rid of the rest .. Could it be the fertilizer I'm using ? It's a year old biobizz, I think the problems might have started when I first gave her little bit more of it... I am hopeless here guys. Here's pictures

DSCN18488.JPG
DSCN18475.JPG
DSCN18467.JPG
DSCN18457.JPG

So, lots going on here. Not sure where to start. I'd flush with weak feed and Epson salt ph'ed to 6.5. 1/4 strength bio buzz, 1/2 TSP gal Epson salt. Feed till about 30% runoff. To ensure no other nutes in soil. Then wait. Two to three days and see if she comes around.
Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

So, lots going on here. Not sure where to start. I'd flush with weak feed and Epson salt ph'ed to 6.5. 1/4 strength bio buzz, 1/2 TSP gal Epson salt. Feed till about 30% runoff. To ensure no other nutes in soil. Then wait. Two to three days and see if she comes around.
Cheers

Thanks Mill, I did flush today, with fresh water only @6.5ph. Gonna add that epson salt, I wasn't sure if I should so I didn't in the first place. Thank you for the advice, I'm really loosing my hope here ;) ..

So, when you say flush if you put 2 to 3x volume of water through your pot you pulled some nutes out of plant. Ions move from higher to lower and flushing causes ions to be pulled into soil (bad for plant) I'll flush with weak nutes to keep ions in plant but move out old salts. I'm also thinking you have root issues. I'm not asking you to spend money but there are bene bacteria root applications that I use. Also, it looks hot in your grow. Try and keep it under 75°. Good luck.

Cheers

i reluctantly offer advise on plant issues because it is so difficult to tell, least for me,, some experts can,, not i,,, however

i might just mention that in my opinion, that plant is far far away from giving up on it, one thing about leaf damage,, it does not repair,, only new leaves tell if problems are solved,, couple things

plants will survive and grow just fine with no outside nutrients at all,, so,, eliminate completely all nutes until improvement shown,,

ph, not sure what you use,, but, i would carefully adjust to around six,, touch below is even ok,, some plants just like a lower ph,,

cfl's,, get em close,, two inches is too far,, i literally have my plants a half inch from some,, no burn,, only will burn the odd leaf tip if it touches the ballast or bulb

temp in there,, if it gets above 30 celcius, it is too hot, i have found

best karma sent to the wee one,,

Thank you guys for all the advice, I will do my best to keep my girl alive ;) .. I still have hope she'll recover, but man is she breaking my ball and doing ma head in lol ... Last year grow, no problems what so ever, well except spidermites, but i got ride of those and yield were still O.K. .. Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. Gonna update in couple days how things are. See ya ;)

Here is my current grow. I'm getting a new tent so it's T5 and CFL'S for backup.

192 watts of T5, 2 x 65 watt, 1 x 26 watt.

991c40be9be057265c133e70e2495e18.jpg

This is how close I get my 65 watt bulbs.

ff2398b018c5f934c67434e9e6588382.jpg

a8b348b0839e3c58346dde68666c6e36.jpg

Top temp, probe under light.

64c79cca61ee730e81017c200f9b3da7.jpg

Cheers

IMG_20160616_214532.jpg

IMG-20160604-WA0006.jpg

I think these your leaves started doing this??

IMG_20160616_214541.jpg

Plant also started curling up like yours, gave it calmag and it was sorted out. Hope you get it back to a healthy state bru. Keep us updated, btw it won't do any harm in trying calmag, BioBizz does not provide Calcium to the plants, check on the back of the bottle and Epson is only good for Magnesium. I also tried Epson, even took the advice of the lady at the shop saying I must give more nutes which just burned the plant.

*In professors voice* Good news everyone ! She's alive ;)
Seems like the problem was overfeeding her nutes, I think I gave her a bit too much, and that caused burns and maybe a lockout of one of the essential elements. Anyway, now I'm giving her ph regulated water with very small dose of biobizz and epsom salt (thanks miller ! ;) ) PS: Hope you guys got my futurama reference hehe

DSCN18517.JPG
DSCN18508.JPG

Most of the dead leaves fell off, and some I plucked off, the ones that weren't completely gone I left on the plant. The new growth is looking great, and she's starting to pick up growth speed again. So yeah looking good for now, thank you all for kind words and support lol :thanks:

Good stuff bg,, patience for the patient and all is well,, how nice is that? Onward and upward from here,, cheers friend

Day 58. 10th day on 12/12 and she's already starting to show signs of budding. The pics are a bit shitty, sorry about that, my camera was being a pain in my butt and wouldn't focus properly, but you can see the pistils a bit. I'm keeping her on ph regulated water, with a little bit of biobizz grow and bloom. She seems to be doing well, but I'm still shitting bricks after the last crisis :morenutes: .. As always I'll try to keep this updated as much as I can. Until next time :Namaste:

DSCN18526.JPG
DSCN185310.JPG
DSCN18558.JPG

yep, great stuff, ten days to two weeks they will be showing,, then,, to the moon alice,, seriously,, get ready for growth,, and maybe you might notice the extra amount of water it will need,, it becomes a sponge,, for me anyway,, like me brain,, ha

personally, in my opinion,, it looks a tad pale,, needs a bit o green i might think,, i know my plants darken up quite a bit in flower,, but maybe mine are a bit too dark,, not sure,,

cheers bd,,

Back
Top Bottom