Beardee's First CFL Closet Grow

beardee u should also put that 70 watt hps to good use hang it right now!! like 14 inches away from ur top canopy. your yield will increase drastically compared to just 4 cfls cuz its hard to get full coverage of a big plant when cfl's have to be so close like 3 inches away for decent results its like 1 23w bulb per cola lol

the spectrum the hps is 2100 k so that's also a factor combined with cfl 2700k is more spectrum can only be a good thing I suppose! ;)

Hello fellow growers :cheer: .. Day 27 on 12/12

@millertm Yeah, I'm not expecting great yields, but even tho it's not gonna be a huge yield I'm happy for even the little I'm gonna get, and this grow gave me some more experience and a different perspective compared to my last years balcony grow ;) ..

@xave420 I was considering doing that, but I'd have to completely redesign the light holder, and I'm not sure it's worth it for the last 3 weeks or so, I'll think about it a bit more, and mby actually do it this weekend. But then again, I'm gonna actually switch to a different grow box altogether for my next grow, this one is to tight and temps are a bit of an issue. About the fox farms soil, I'm gonna check out if it's obtainable over here ;), thanks for the tip !

Now for some pics,

DSCN18785.JPG
DSCN18796.JPG

as you can see there is a substantial amount of yellowing on my plant, buds are developing pretty nice tho, this plant has given me much more problems than I've expected :laughtwo:. It was my poor choice of soil, and probably even the genetics, coz this seed came from my last years grow, and it was probably underdeveloped hehe, I was surprised it has gotten even this far ! I'm being very careful with PH and amounts of nutes I'm giving here, and she still breaks my balls :tokin:

Thank you all for following my thread and thanks for all the advice you guys gave me, appreciate it very much :thanks: .. See you in couple of days with another update

PS: Just to clarify on my last years grow, it started under a 70w HPS, but coz of my lack of experience it overgrown the box and I had to move them to the balcony ;)

32 days of bloom

DSCN188512.JPG
DSCN188312.JPG
DSCN188213.JPG
DSCN188413.JPG
DSCN188111.JPG
DSCN188615.JPG
DSCN188713.JPG

At this point I really just wanna finish with some yields at all hehe. The plant is yellowing like crazy. The seed I used was a lone survivor from last years grow, it was the only seed I found between the four plants I had, and it was underdeveloped I think ;), so the problem might be genetics, plus my lack of experience and the bad choice of soil this year. In any case i've learnt so so much, and I'm looking forward to the next one already !

As you can see the buds are quite small, I'm hoping they'll gain some "weight" near the end :thumb:

Hey Beardee!

They're looking good. Maybe the yellowing is from nute lockout and a good flush would help......? I don't know if that is appropriate for flower.? The hps bulb looks a little close, how long has it been there and have you noticed any burn to buds right below it?

Keep up the good work!

:passitleft:

Hey Beardee!

They're looking good. Maybe the yellowing is from nute lockout and a good flush would help......? I don't know if that is appropriate for flower.? The hps bulb looks a little close, how long has it been there and have you noticed any burn to buds right below it?

Keep up the good work!

:passitleft:

I was thinking the same with the nute lockout, but i dunno what to do at this point, so I'm basically hoping for the best :thumb: .. I could try flushing but yeah like you said I dunno if it's a good thing to do in this stage ? .. HPS is approximatelly 12-14 inches above the buds, the cfl's are much closer. But no, haven't notice any burn what so ever, everything about the buds is looking good, the leaves on the other hand, are dying on me :hmmmm: ... This grow has definitely been a ball breaker, all was going great in the beginning but then shit hit the fan ;). Well I'll keep you guys updated in the next days, wish me luck ! And as always thank you for all the replies :Namaste:

flushing can never hurt, in my opinion, certainly don't want an overwatering situation, so flush at a regular watering time,, i would think,

funny, but i have never had a finishing plant turn all yellow on me, and i have been wondering why not??am i not letting the plants mature enough?? do i fertilize too long?? what else?//

i dunno,,

leaves turning yellow in the pic shown can be from a hundred different things, 'including' being a natural way for the plant to look at the end, or so i've read, and seen, just not on my plants,, sheesh...

Just a little update today, buds are slowly swelling up. The rest of the plant is just dying unfortunately. Haven't even finished and I'm already excited for the next one hehe. I got soil, new ferts, and seeds for the next grow all ready and standing by :thumb: . Got a strain from royal queen seeds called "Special Queen", 50/50 sativa/indica.

DSCN188912.JPG
DSCN189110.JPG
DSCN189010.JPG
DSCN188811.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom