Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Looks like a great harvest and good trimming job to me!

I just invested in some proper horticulture scissors, as the three small autos I tried to trim with regular scissors took forever (and it was super difficult)!

Great work Beateo!

When I harvest I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

For trimming I use Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, they come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

https://www2.fiskars.com Titanium Micro Tip Easy Action Scissors No.5

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - perfectgardens

SAM, I'm really cheap but that dryer that KingJohnC posted the link to is really much cheaper than I would have ever thought. :) Looks like a great bargain and makes me think I didn't need to put all that work into making a dryer. :)
Also, I think you're probably right about the scissors.... KJC's having the spring could be a big difference if doing a lot of trimming? I harvested my Skunk last night and to be honest, my finger is sore and thumb is feeling like... oh.. the "hot spot" just prior to when you get a blister.
I also want to thank all of you for the kind words written here for my successful harvest! This feels so much like a "team effort" I know it wouldn't have happened without all of your advise, input, tips, warnings, etc. so really thanks SO MUCH! :high-five: :adore:

I would like a drying rack like that....
Only used them a little so far but they seem good. The spring action in KingJohnC's scissors might be easier on the hands if doing lots of trimming though.....

Dusty.... Addicted to the grow.. that's about exactly how it feels! LOL
"The Plan"... haha... First I'll be trimming the Lemon Kush for certain starting... about NOW... it's REALLY yellowed and wilted. I'll look real closely at the Critical Haze and make a decision on her. The Wild Child isn't ready yet and I think I'll have to leave the lights 12/12 until she's finished. I guess my timing is going to be up to her! :) I'm not in a hurry though. I have a few changes to make to my grow room and also need to give it a good scrub down before I set up again.
:Namaste:

Warning BEATEO cannabis is not addictive but growing it is.
When you starting your next grow.

Good job, Beateo! Happy to see you getting some bud for your time and effort.

You'll never look at bud the same again.

The plant be calling you.......

Very happy for you! :)

Wow - I'm gone for one day and big things happen!
Congrat's on the harvest. Sounds like you will end up with a dry 1/2 zip from the skunk. Not too shabby at all for your 1st crop. Time to invest in some good scissors and 90% alcohol. Save that hash! It's your reward for all the trimming. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Here are a few pictures of my Lemon Kush harvested and trimmed this morning. Good thing I've fallen in love with these plants because otherwise you couldn't pay me enough to trim these things! lol I got 2.9 oz. / 82 gr. not including all of those tiny little buds that need to be put in a net or screen or something to go into the dryer. Here they are:

DSCN20827.JPG

DSCN20847.JPG

DSCN20878.JPG

Thanks for looking... comments appreciated!

Next grow will be AK-49 autos, Fem. Delicious Critical Super Silver Haze (same strain as I have now), Fem. Amnesia, and more freebie Sleestack Skunk. I'm probably not going to get all of them in at once.... I kind of have a set up for 6 plants but I may make a separate area in the room for the autos?
My wait was over 2 1/2 months of flowering but I may not have judged any of it right. Good luck with your and keep close watch on those trichomes! :)

Awesome Beateo!

Pretty cool to see you finally get what everyone wants. Although, I have discovered that I am totally in love with the process! I have always wanted to grow, and I have totally caught the bug... I just flipped my ladies, now I have weeks and weeks to wait to get to where you are now. I'll just enjoy looking at yours for now :) What will you plant next?

I was taught trimming by a cool old hippie buddy of mine. To avoid the drudgery, he said, always have: good music, good company, good weed (hopefully from last harvest), excellent posture and a meditative mindset. Hope this helps, it worx for me.

That has to be the best advice I've ever heard

Here are the pictures of my Critical Super Silver Haze... way too long name... :)
The yield was 3.4 oz. / 96 gr. cut & trimmed. This is my best plant so far. I thought the Lemon Kush was bigger but I guess not.
So far my total before drying is 8.9 oz. / 252 gr.
I have 2 questions still.. how do you take wet total weight and figure out how much you'll have when it's dry?
and... I have a 1 gallon ziplock baggie full of everything I clipped off of the 3 plants so far.... keeping in mind that I have NO special type of equipment.... what do I do with these clippings? Can it be turned into hash without having anything special??

OK... here are the pictures:

haze19.jpg

And my largest so far:

Haze_Nug.jpg

Thanks for looking~!

If you seal damp plant material in a zip lock, you run the risk of rot setting in quickly. Ever notice what police collect evidence in? Paper bags because it breathes and rot, mold, etc are less likely. Be sure to open that ziplock and exchange the air often.

I plan on using my clippings to make cannabutter. CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

As for dry weight I would expect 15-20% of the wet weight. IF it is like other things I have dried for other purposes. I really can't say for sure as I haven't completed my first harvest yet. Hopefully someone with the experience can chime in.

BTW, :goodjob:

Happy Daze Beateo.....congrats once again on another fine harvest:)....great job.......rifleman is right on the mark.....you can expect around 20% of your wet weight in dry herb...........if you push the air out of the ziplock bag and put in the freezer until you are ready to use and from what i have read it wont go bad......but what i normally do is let the trim sit out on my hanging dry rack or also i use a mesh screen for frying ....well that covers the skillet to keep stuff from popping on you.....anyway i will spread out on thaat and let it dry....then i bottle it up until i have enough for canna butter......if you make butter make sure to get some sunflower lecithin if you can find it....if not soy will work as well......all i know is that it helps to spread the thc out more evenly....end result is your body is able to uptake the thc better......my butter was twice as potent after using the lecithin.....it doesnt actually make it more potent per say, but with the body uptaking it better i guess in a round about way it does:).....hope this helps buddy:)....i just learned somme of this not long ago:)lol

Back
Top Bottom