BeaverIslander's First Combo Grow - Grand Daddy Purple - PainKiller XL - Blue Blood

Re: BeaverIslander's First Combo Grow - Grand Daddy Purple - PainKiller XL - Blue Blo

Thanks supergroomer. I think I'm gonna be able to pull this off :)
I'ver had a few ups and downs but I'm heading to the finish line.
I had to get everyone out to feed and groom them this morning....so took a group shot as well.
Back row left to right Grand Daddy Purple, middle is the Blue Blood, right is PainKiller-XL. The front row is a Durga Mata ll CBD and the GDP clone that I almost lost but she has snapped out of it and doing very well.
Group166.jpg

I was following your grow when you had to break camp....I felt bad about that, can't imagine what was going through your mind. I hope it works out for you in the new location!

I think you are doing a great job on your first grow. We all make mistakes and learn from them, but your plants seem to have weathered the learning curve very well. I have just 3 going right now. A BB, a reverse engineered Granddaddy Purple (Primo Purple the creator is calling it) and a PP crossed with a Liberty Haze. I am hoping for big yields in a small space. :peace:

Re: BeaverIslander's First Combo Grow - Grand Daddy Purple - PainKiller XL - Blue Blo

I think you are doing a great job on your first grow. We all make mistakes and learn from them, but your plants seem to have weathered the learning curve very well. I have just 3 going right now. A BB, a reverse engineered Granddaddy Purple (Primo Purple the creator is calling it) and a PP crossed with a Liberty Haze. I am hoping for big yields in a small space. :peace:

SuperGroomer, I know you and your partner grow Blue Blood for it's medicinal value, and with that said, when do you suggest harvesting it? Being that it is 30% Sativa do you hold off a little longer than normal? It's been a long haul and I don't want to give up any of it's powers now.

SuperGroomer, I know you and your partner grow Blue Blood for it's medicinal value, and with that said, when do you suggest harvesting it? Being that it is 30% Sativa do you hold off a little longer than normal? It's been a long haul and I don't want to give up any of it's powers now.

I harvest all my plants based on the Trichome development. I look at them under my loop. I like them to be mostly cloudy with about 25% amber. If they look good under the loop, I pull out the computer and the hand held microscope just to check. Make sure you are looking at the Calyx not the sugar leaves. The sugar leaves will show amber 1st. They have usually been 50-55 days + or -. They are looking great. Let her tell you when it is time. Do a google for Amber Trichomes and you can see pics of what you are looking for. :peace:

I harvest all my plants based on the Trichome development. I look at them under my loop. I like them to be mostly cloudy with about 25% amber. If they look good under the loop, I pull out the computer and the hand held microscope just to check. Make sure you are looking at the Calyx not the sugar leaves. The sugar leaves will show amber 1st. They have usually been 50-55 days + or -. They are looking great. Let her tell you when it is time. Do a google for Amber Trichomes and you can see pics of what you are looking for. :peace:

I probably have another 2-3 weeks to go as she's been in flower 6 weeks today.... just getting my ducks in a row. The 25% amber number is what I was looking for as a couple of months ago Motoco sais I needed to wait a little longer for hybrids because of the Sativa content, so holding off for 25% amber fits right in there...Thanks.

Here is the Grand Daddy Purple, tomorrow she will be 19 weeks since sprouting, and 8 weeks of 12/12. The trichomes started turning Amber on the Calyx's this morning, so I gave her a final flush, will see what tomorrow brings, but if she's ready, so am I:thumb:
g610.jpg

Flush22.jpg

awesome job man she looks amazing :goodjob:

Thank you Spart, that is a welcome compliment coming from someone who's been around the patch a few times.

Despite everything I have done to her, I think she's gonna give up a reward after all, which will be my first.

Can you remember back that far :high-five:

You have done a great job. We learn from our mistakes and from other peoples advise. You have done a great job on your first grow in listening, learning and growing!!!:goodjob: You have a lot to be proud of. Going forward, I always try to do better then my last grow. I am sure you will succeed here too!! :Namaste: :peace:

You have done a great job. We learn from our mistakes and from other peoples advise. You have done a great job on your first grow in listening, learning and growing!!!:goodjob: You have a lot to be proud of. Going forward, I always try to do better then my last grow. I am sure you will succeed here too!! :Namaste: :peace:

Thanks SuperGroomer! If you look back at the first page of my new member introduction you were one of the first ones to offer help to a lost newbie with all of the traditional questions . That was July 2nd....5 months ago! I have had a lot of help.....but... I have a couple more days so don't go away just yet :)

This morning was chop day for the Grand Daddy Purple. In spite of everything I did wrong she still gave up what I consider to be a decent amount for my first grow, and as I mentioned earlier - I'd be happy if I could roll one big fat one when it was all in and done so you know I am extremely happy with how much she gave up.
I gave her the bud wash treatment and hung her in a 70F room, and will try to keep the humidity between 45-55%.
So here is a big thank you to everyone who helped me get her back on track, and a special thanks to Emilya who went the extra mile with me.
One down, two to go (PainKiller-XL & Blue Blood :)
ChopDay.jpg

This morning was chop day for the Grand Daddy Purple. In spite of everything I did wrong she still gave up what I consider to be a decent amount for my first grow, and as I mentioned earlier - I'd be happy if I could roll one big fat one when it was all in and done so you know I am extremely happy with how much she gave up.
I gave her the bud wash treatment and hung her in a 70F room, and will try to keep the humidity between 45-55%.
So here is a big thank you to everyone who helped me get her back on track, and a special thanks to Emilya who went the extra mile with me.
One down, two to go (PainKiller-XL & Blue Blood :)
ChopDay.jpg

I hope my purple turns out as well!!! Great job!!! :peace:

The PainKiller XL is getting pretty close to harvest. I asked the folks at Royal Queen Seeds what the optimum percentage of Amber is, to get the most out it, and they recommend 50%. This morning I got her out and did some trimming, as I think she's around 10%.

PKXLA.jpg

This is what Herbies has to say about her-

Royal Queen Painkiller XL Feminised Seeds Specs
THC: 9%
CBD: 9%
Yield Indoor: 500-550gr m2
Yield Outdoor: 500-550 grams per plant dried
Height Indoor: 60 - 100 cm
Height Outdoor: 120 - 150 cm
Flowering time: 8 weeks
Harvest month: Late September
Genetic background: Respect 13 x Juanita la Lagrimosa
Type: Sativa: 75% Indica: 25%
Effect: Physical, clear high

This is what caught my eye--------PainKiller-XL

This new strain joins others rich in both CBD and THC like Euphoria, Royal Medic, Medical Mass and Danceworld that seek to actually not necessarily downplay cannabis' psychoactive effects in favor of optimizing its healing role, but instead equalize the two. According to the California-based Steep Hill Cannabis Analysis Laboratory, this equalization brings to the cannabis user not just the physically healing aspects, but also the spiritually and psychologically healing benefits as well. There are other strains with very little THC and more CBD than Painkiller XL , but rare are such splendid balances. Producers of this strain say it produces a considerable amount of pain relief, with a mild, relieving mental euphoria.

The trichomes on the PainKiller XL have me puzzled. A week ago they started to turn Amber so I started just water, no nutrients. After a whole week the coloring is the same, but now the leaf tops are starting to turn brown and crumble. I am still watering when needed so my thoughts are maybe I stopped the neuts to soon. Not sure whether to continue on and just keep waiting or not... I sure don't want to starve them now. Again, I am about 10% Amber and the seed company says to harvest when at 50%. She has been in flower about 9 1/2 weeks.
Any advice would be appreciated.
PKXL.jpg

50% amber seems a lot to me. This should already be a couch-lock type strain. @ 50% amber, I think you won't just be locked, but probably straight jacketed too. :) I like 15-25% amber myself. :peace:

That is something I "DON'T" need!

This is from Royal Queen Seeds:

The best moment to harvest is when calix are at 50% amber 50% white/transparent.

Back
Top Bottom