Beav's Zamaldelica & Malawi Grow 2017

One of the Zamaldelica's popped up through the net today so I'm going to call this day #1 just for the record.
I wanted to give them one last trim and a good looking over when I fed them this morning (right after the lights came on) and in doing so I didn't like how crowded it was already with 3 plants (2 Zam's and 1 Malawi) so I made an executive decision and removed the Malawi, I'll just go with the two Zamaldelica's and put the Malawi outside in a 15 gallon smartie.

All the other seedlings and clones are just biding time until they can be moved outside so it looks cluttered, but it won't be for much longer (I hope.)
scrog117.jpg

OK brothers and sisters, time to get the show on the road. I was able to clean out the veg room by moving everything else out to the covered wagon. I've got one more 15 gallon pot to put in there (Holy Grail Kush clone) but it is hardening off at the moment. There will be five 20 gallon pots and three 15 ones.
wagon1.jpg

Here are the main characters in the scrog grow. Two Zamaldelicas that are about as different as they could be. The shorter one (5 weeks) is only one week behind the tall one (6 weeks.) Taller one was topped in photo, shorter one was right after the pic was taken. By the way, I bought a 3 pack of Zamaldelica's from Ace Seeds so it's doubtful that there was any mix up, maybe just different pheno's can make that much difference, I don't know. (Still have 1 "Z" seed left.)
zC.jpg
zD5.jpg

Here is a couple after setting up the scrog, with the addition of a Malawi on the left side. I had bought a 3 pack of Malawi's from Ace and not one made it... this one was from a Herbie's order from last year, glad I had it!
scrogA.jpg
scrogB.jpg

Just a couple more days and they should poke up above the net. I'm kinda of excited about this scrog as I have never done one before, nor have I grown 100% sativas so please chime in if I do something wrong.
:blunt:

Hi Curly. You will like the Malawi its definitely top notch smoke with a wicked sativa high but be careful not to overdo it as it will definitely give you a white out if you do. Grew the ones below 12/12 from seed and harvested in 118 days. For a pure sativa the Malawi has a narcotic back kick to it on the come down which will put you to sleep;), and don't worry about the leaves looking more indica at the moment once they start flowering the leaves become more thin and sativa looking in appearance.

51249.jpg

malawi_day_118_d.jpg

Hi Curly. You will like the Malawi its definitely top notch smoke with a wicked sativa high but be careful not to overdo it as it will definitely give you a white out if you do. Grew the ones below 12/12 from seed and harvested in 118 days. For a pure sativa the Malawi has a narcotic back kick to it on the come down which will put you to sleep;), and don't worry about the leaves looking more indica at the moment once they start flowering the leaves become more thin and sativa looking in appearance.

Gotta love those huge colas, great job!

The more I hear about the high associated with this strain the more I wonder if I picked the right strain to try to maximize the yield.
I'm pretty sure it'll be small sips from a vape for me.

It's an ass-breaker in middle to upper doses. I once got so high after 3 tokes that I was going in circles for around 15 min without any control over my decision-making processes. Good phenos could reach 24-27% THC with less than 0,1 CBD and you feel it... even if you're an experienced head.

It's an ass-breaker in middle to upper doses. I once got so high after 3 tokes that I was going in circles for around 15 min without any control over my decision-making processes. Good phenos could reach 24-27% THC with less than 0,1 CBD and you feel it... even if you're an experienced head.

Maybe I should ask the folks at Red Bull to sponsor this grow :tokin:

Here's the Malawi at 8 weeks, 1 week 12/12.
Malawi5.jpg

And keeping her company is a Super Lemon Haze (4 weeks 12/12)
SLH161.jpg

And an Acapulco Gold (1 week 12/12)
AG14.jpg
AG24.jpg

And a group shot with a few others
Wagon2.jpg

The Zamaldelica's are popping up through the scrog but this is my first rodeo for the scrog and the Zamaldelica's so any advice would be welcome. I still have a lot of empty space so I'm guessing it'll be another week or so before they will be flipped to 12/12.
z217.jpg
z118.jpg

Zamaldelica's after 1 week.
Z119.jpg

And the covered wagon that can't be covered anymore, as the Malawi (far left) has outgrown the setup. I'll keep all 9 plants in there so I can wheel them in and out of the garage to keep on a 12/12 schedule and for severe storms.
W132.jpg

And the covered wagon that can't be covered anymore, as the Malawi (far left) has outgrown the setup. I'll keep all 9 plants in there so I can wheel them in and out of the garage to keep on a 12/12 schedule and for severe storms.

There are worse problems to have :laughtwo:

Plants are looking good!

Looking great! Your scrog seems to be working well, just keep moving the branches out a square as they stretch during flower. After they pop up thru the squares like they are in your pictures just pull them back down through the square and up into the next one out. Easy peasy :)

Love the covered wagon as well, they are growing like a bad weed, but it's a good weed! They are going to be some massive plants for sure.

Keep up the great work in here

Lights just on and watered. They were up-potted into 5 gallon pots and the COB's were cranked up 7 1/2 weeks ago. I have plenty of time, no hurry, but I'm also reading that if a sativa fills the screen much past 75-80% before the flip you're going to run out of room and they are filling a new row 3 days or so. Only 2 more to go, what do you think, flip or let her go?
scrog64.jpg

This post is off topic but I'm kinda proud of how the project came out and wanted to show it off:blunt:
It all started about a month or so ago when I thought I'd try my hand at making a Thai Stick type Cannagar. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get it to look uniform and then somewhere along the line I saw a cigar press and got a brainstorm.

This is how it all started
41568.jpg

Best I could do by hand so I made a press out of Red Oak treated it with Cutting Board Oil, I laid the hand made version on so you can see what it looked like before going in the press
16886.jpg

Last night it was wrapped in parchment paper and put in the press overnight
22537.jpg

And this is what I had this morning, I think it's much nicer lookin even though that doesn't matter
51260.jpg

I used a pretty potent Glycerin tincture as "glue" for wrapping the leaves so she's still just a little damp, so into a jar with Boveda packs until I get some help burning it one of these days
32034.jpg

Made with Kosher Kush bud and kief.

Sooo, that's the end of that story. Did I ever mention I like retirement and having time to do all this important stuff:laughtwo:

Sativa plants will do quite a bit of stretching in the first 2 weeks after showing pistils, if you are worried about height I would flip them now. You will be able to cover those other 2 rows as they stretch and likely be able weave them thru the holes to get added stability, they will be bendy during this stage but will harden fast. If you've got lots of head room then let them go another week or so and then flip. I've got a landrace 100% sativa as well in veg, will be putting the scrog on when my flowering plants are done in a couple weeks, I'm kind of worried it's going to explode so I built a bigger scrog for it, 30"x36" lol

Awesome job on the cannagar!! I've always wanted to try one, but to buy them is a crazy price to pay! I really like the press you made though, great idea and made solid. You will be smoking in style from now on my friend!

This post is off topic but I'm kinda proud of how the project came out and wanted to show it off:blunt:
It all started about a month or so ago when I thought I'd try my hand at making a Thai Stick type Cannagar. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get it to look uniform and then somewhere along the line I saw a cigar press and got a brainstorm.

This is how it all started
41568.jpg

Best I could do by hand so I made a press out of Red Oak treated it with Cutting Board Oil, I laid the hand made version on so you can see what it looked like before going in the press
16886.jpg

Last night it was wrapped in parchment paper and put in the press overnight
22537.jpg

And this is what I had this morning, I think it's much nicer lookin even though that doesn't matter
51260.jpg

I used a pretty potent Glycerin tincture as "glue" for wrapping the leaves so she's still just a little damp, so into a jar with Boveda packs until I get some help burning it one of these days
32034.jpg

Made with Kosher Kush bud and kief.

Sooo, that's the end of that story. Did I ever mention I like retirement and having time to do all this important stuff:laughtwo:
Man, you have a business ready right there :laughtwo:

Here's an update on the wagon, I had to take some of the plants out as it was getting pretty thick (and sticky) in there. The Malawi is on the far left poking over the top.
Malawi6.jpg

And here's a chunky Super Lemon Haze that's been flowering 8.5 weeks.
SLH162.jpg

Back
Top Bottom