420 Magazine Background

Becoming a Medical Marijuana Patient in Missouri

David Bowman

Summary
Under HB 2238, only patients with intractable epilepsy are eligible for legal protections in Missouri. In order for a patient with intractable epilepsy to be enrolled in the program, they must obtain a written recommendation from a neurologist. Patients must be residents of Missouri. To obtain legal protection, patients with a recommendation from their neurologist to treat intractable epilepsy must register with the state Department of Health and Senior Services.

What's Legal
The law attempts to create a system to produce, manufacture, and distribute CBD oil to treat intractable epilepsy; however, the law requires producers to be in compliance with federal law, therefore access seems impossible until changes are made in the either state or federal law.

Eligible Conditions
  • intractable epilepsy
Application Process
The patient application process will be created by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services at a later date.

Doctor
A patient may only obtain a recommendation from a board certified neurologist who is licensed to practice medicine in Missouri.

Access/Caregivers
Patients under the age of 18 may have their parent or legal guardian serve as their caregiver. Patients over the age of 18 do not have a legal right to have a caregiver.

Consumption
The are no restrictions on where a patient may consume their hemp extract.

Age Limits
Minors may become patients under HB 2238; however, they can only become registered patients if their parent or legal guardian signs and submits their application paperwork.

Confidentiality
The law does not create explicit privacy protections for patients.

Housing
The law does not create housing protections for patients.

Employment
The law does not create employment protections for patients

Insurance
The law is silent on whether insurance companies must pay for hemp extract therapy.

Out of State Patients
No reciprocity exists for out of state patients under HB 2238. The law protects residents of Missouri who register with the Dept. of Health and Senior Services.

Source: ASA: Becoming a Patient in Missouri

Wildmanz

Well we have been Legal since July 4th 2020, what I think is wrong, the state took all the money,and those elderly, or now are in limbo unless they get a caregiver, and they can donate money to you for labor, light bill etc. a lot of gray area's. As the state said the first couple months they will turn there heads as you have to start somewhere, seeds. They called it immaculate conception. we got 3 Disp in are area, Spld, and KC, and S.T.L got a shit load 192 in all. but for those who paid there fee, and have no where to get it, unless your in St.Louis just cross the Bridge, lol

Last edited:

Emilya

Member of the Month: Mar 2019 - Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2020
They tell us that we will see our first sales in December. The licenses were handed out and a few of the grow ops are now in production, producing the product to be sold later. The dispensary approved for my little town has had the land prepared, but building has not started yet, but I expect them to easily put up a sales location in the time remaining before they get product. You can be sure that once I get my card (and I have been waiting since it expires after 12 months) I will be making a trip over to the land of Lincoln just to check out the scene, well before MO gets their act together.

Wildmanz

Yup, if I was over there, I would. hell Kirksville, got 3 or 4 and most where Cresco Labs. Which, I do believe we needed someone in the biz , from Cali, or Denver to show them how to get it together. I like Oregon, they way they set there's up. why the states like the land of Lincoln ran short, its a shame, that states can not work together, they have a surplus ,which I heard . Canada has the plan, make it like alcohol, or anything else, it seems to me our laws are ass backwards. Messed up. California, are light years ahead of the game 1996. and we are just know getting around to it. You know when they seen all the $ come in, there was a change of heart. But with each state that become legal, there becomes more and more strains, sky is the limit. But big Pharma and alcohol and tobacco never wanted to see this day. Alcohol ruins lives, causes accidents, I don't have to stand on my soap box, but the flag says we are all equal, I do not see it. Denver really upped the game. And we are left with a paper that you had to use your own ink to print, the gun permit cards, have holograms on them. And think of the department that is running it. set around for years drinking coffee, and waiting for 5.pm. Know they are overwhelmed. Anyway you got the right idea, just remember Lisa, she will help you, get your card with 1 phone call, a 5 minute over net office visit and wham, your legal. but since the dispensary's are not open, only those who applied for cultivation permit. are good to go, and there is so much gray area, at first my wife, could not go in room, then they said we had to put patient name on each plant, then they said married couples could both be in grow area. They are lost. And this Virus is not helping anyone. So I will stop flying around airport and land....<<<>>>

Wildmanz

Summary
Under HB 2238, only patients with intractable epilepsy are eligible for legal protections in Missouri. In order for a patient with intractable epilepsy to be enrolled in the program, they must obtain a written recommendation from a neurologist. Patients must be residents of Missouri. To obtain legal protection, patients with a recommendation from their neurologist to treat intractable epilepsy must register with the state Department of Health and Senior Services.

What's Legal
The law attempts to create a system to produce, manufacture, and distribute CBD oil to treat intractable epilepsy; however, the law requires producers to be in compliance with federal law, therefore access seems impossible until changes are made in the either state or federal law.

Eligible Conditions
  • intractable epilepsy
Application Process
The patient application process will be created by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services at a later date.

Doctor
A patient may only obtain a recommendation from a board certified neurologist who is licensed to practice medicine in Missouri.

Access/Caregivers
Patients under the age of 18 may have their parent or legal guardian serve as their caregiver. Patients over the age of 18 do not have a legal right to have a caregiver.

Consumption
The are no restrictions on where a patient may consume their hemp extract.

Age Limits
Minors may become patients under HB 2238; however, they can only become registered patients if their parent or legal guardian signs and submits their application paperwork.

Confidentiality
The law does not create explicit privacy protections for patients.

Housing
The law does not create housing protections for patients.

Employment
The law does not create employment protections for patients

Insurance
The law is silent on whether insurance companies must pay for hemp extract therapy.

Out of State Patients
No reciprocity exists for out of state patients under HB 2238. The law protects residents of Missouri who register with the Dept. of Health and Senior Services.

Source: ASA: Becoming a Patient in Missouri

Wildmanz

David, They are letting us Mo residents pay a 1 time fee, and we can go to Oklahoma , and use your Missouri card, and there 1 time 1 day fee. But must be consumed in that state. Illinois Kind of was cheesy, thy let the owners of a medical dispensary, open 2 rec locations. which, most are Cresco owned. Know and Primary Doctor can sign, but most say, no as they are dispensing federal narcotic's so they are scared to sign. Which is fine, Missouri will let pay for medical cards, and when they are done with that, Rec will be on Ballot, which it was, but took it off, as cornia-19 has stopped anyone more then 6 to be together so we can not get to the ballot box, as court house's are closed. I have nothing against Cresco or the other big player in Chicago. And the big one I think is in Canada. you prob know more of what's going on then I do, I just read what they wrote, and toke for the Best.

Pinktiger777

I'm a legal patient and cultivator now, but I was really worried about going legal. I couldn't help but wonder if somehow it would put me on "a list" and cause me to be pegged by local authorities. LOL. I say this even though I'm married to a prominent local citizen who is involved seriously in local boards, NPO's, and private business. He's on a first name basis with all the fuzz. I found a web site that would set up a telemedicine appointment with a doctor who could examine my records and make a decision. Because my hospital allows printing my medical records from home, I sent this guy, who was in St. Louis, my medical records and my medication list. We talked for 10 minutes and voila! I'm now legal.
The cost was $95 for the medical. In a nearby college town, the doctors wanted $150. So next year I will have to do this again, and pay Missouri $25 plus $100 for the cultivation. It's kind of cool, because the paranoia is gone.
I wish people who were against MM could understand the self-incrimination and fear that prohibition caused. If I didn't need this herb, I wouldn't use it or grow it. I'm not into intoxicants, like liquor, etc. I've even given myself partial or total vacations from MM, but the health issues become major. The fact is, MM is an important part of my health care.

Top Bottom