Becoming a Medical Marijuana Patient in Missouri

I am going only for expenses... anything beyond that is not karmically correct, imho. Gifts of course, are accepted.
Yes, of course.
Karma has a place in the transaction, and I have given away a LOT of needed meds to those who couldn't afford them.
I have also charged a lot to those who are using it for recreational purposes, or who can afford to pay for it.

I guess my question is ... the gov't has no concern with selling weed, right?
As long as the reasons are valid, the paperwork is correct I can accept money from a patient in return for their meds, right? And the amount of money is between me, my conscience, and the patient. Right?

No, I don't think you can word it like that and get away with it... you would be a caregiver, not a weed seller. You could be paid for consulting and compensated for expenses, but as soon as a dispensary caught wind of you actually selling the weed, trouble would surely follow.
hello how are ya i would like u to help me with some tips am about to harvest

Here is Mo official FAQ site:
MMJ FAQ
As far as I know it's you lending them a helping hand. In addition you have to identify who owns each plant etc...
I know that I have 4 oz scrip including a grow licence that I can have 18 plants in total. 6 clones, 6 in veg status (less than 14 inches tall) and 6 in flowering (above 14 inches tall).

You are also allowed to have a certain amount dry/curing.

No, I don't think you can word it like that and get away with it... you would be a caregiver, not a weed seller. You could be paid for consulting and compensated for expenses, but as soon as a dispensary caught wind of you actually selling the weed, trouble would surely follow.
Right. I understand that the way that it is worded is important. I review and amend contracts for a living, I get that.
Doctors, nurses, pharmacists, therapists make a very good living off of sick people. Now, we can word it different, but that statement is true. Even a masseuse gets paid.
While I'm not looking to get as wealthy as a pharmacist, I would like to have my expenses reimbursed, and some token for my time and efforts. Those payments, evidently, can't be made or billed.

I agree with what Emilya said on Missouri, and I agree on expenses only, not anything that brings profit.
Politically, I'm a centrist Democrat. I live in a Republican area, and these people aren't just normal Republicans. They are right wing fascists, evangelicals looking for the end of the world, or people who are knee-jerk Republicans and they don't know why, but leave them alone or they will shout you down and bring help to do it.
Now. That said, nobody should move just because they hate the people living next to them. I don't hate these people (ok, maybe some of them, LOL). I love Missouri. I was raised here, in the Missouri Ozarks, and now live in another county similar to where I grew up.
I love Missouri, small town Missouri, because it is a beautiful place with hills and streams and lakes, etc., and we seem to live in a little pocket of Missouri that time forgot. That is magical.
So yes, we want you to move to Missouri if you really want to, but don't come here to party with the white boys.
A California right-winger is probably close to a Missouri Republican lite (meaning no apocalypse-seeking Bible thumpers, no gun activists, no Confederate flag wavers). So I'd probably tolerate you. But if I see one more Trump 2020 sign in town, I'm going to go full Postal and cover every last acre of my land with Biden/Harris signs.
And then get very high, of course.

More delays... today in the news:

Missouri medical marijuana faces further delay as no testing facilities are approved

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Nearly two years after voters approved medical marijuana in Missouri, it’s still not available for purchase.
Though some dispensaries are now officially open and product has been grown, there are still no operational facilities, which are required to test the product.
The lights are hung, the pallets are stacked and everything seems like it’s ready for the cultivation of 18,000 medical marijuana plants at Greenlight’s Kansas City 96,000-square-foot warehouse. The only thing Greenlight is waiting for is the literal “green light” from the state to start planting.
“Everyone thought this would be progressed along a little bit faster. We’ve got a little over 60,000 patients that are waiting for guys like me to get up and growing,” John Mueller, Greenlight CEO, said.
Missouri is now renewing medical marijuana cards for people who have had them more than a year without any product.
“We were very clear that dispensaries wouldn’t be open to buy it, retail wise, until this year until mid year. Many may not have understood that,” said Lyndall Fraker, state director for the DHSS section for Medical Marijuana.
That original timeframe has been delayed in part by COVID-19.
“It slowed the industry down. Your planning and zoning, your city council, everyone across the state kind of took a pause,” Mueller said.
But now the requests to commence operations are starting to pour in.
“We know it’s going to get very busy,” Fraker said.
One of those requests for a final inspection came from Fresh Green Dispensary in Lee’s Summit where Rob and Bianca Sullivan have been busy.
“We are here until 9, 10, 11, 12. I think we were here until 1 in the morning the other night,” Bianca said.
“It will be a 2-3 hour walkthrough making sure the security features work correctly, that the rooms are separated, that there’s only card access,” her husband Rob explained.
Four dispensaries in St. Louis and Ozark have passed final inspection, but at this time can only sell available products like CBD oil.
Only three of the 60 cultivators from the initial license awarding phases have been approved to begin growing. Cannabis takes about 90 days to mature.
“We’re going to run out of product immediately if a big facility like this doesn’t get up and running, so we are kind of the tip of the sword,” Mueller said.
Fraker said he hopes one of those testing facilities will be operational by the end of this month.

Which means that medical patients MUST operate in the black market.
And, my understanding is that there are pretty draconian laws on the books, yes?
I have been through this before. It seems that California is about ten years ahead of you in this regard.
I was a clone farmer from 2006 till a couple years ago. Slung THOUSANDS of babies up and down Highway 5 in Northern California. From Sacramento to Mt. Shasta I supplied collectives and large gorilla growers for a decade. It was all illegal - except for only some of the collectives.
If I could make it to the collective, I was golden. If I got caught 'on the road' I was major screwed.
I was sitting in a collective waiting to be paid for a large delivery and it got raided. Yea, harshed my mellow in a big way.
I was never charged; but ended up involved in the collective owners trial as a witness.
The attorney (a very highly skilled and renowned attorney specializing in MJ charges in California) told me then that "About a third of the population smokes themselves and thinks it should be legal, another third really doesn't give a shit one way or another, and a third thinks that potheads should be locked up for life. I can work with those odds."
He was good at jury selection.

Is it like that in Mo?
Or, could it get like that in Mo?
To the point where the authorities can bring any charges they like, but, they just can't get a jury TO CONVICT ....?
Because that's the way it got here.
DA wouldn't charge ...

Whatta ya think? Can it get like that there?

You never know what can happen in MO. If you get popped in KCMO or STLouis, they are no longer prosecuting these holding and paraphernalia violations. If you are in rural MO, and you get nabbed by a redneck Highway Patrolman or some yahoo police chief of a town of 2500 bible toting people, anything could happen. A pipe in your car can mean a whole lot of trouble. At the moment it is still safer to be clandestine, waiting for the legality to happen. We are still in a catch 22... where it might be legal for a cardholder to be holding some pot... but then you have to explain how you got it.

You never know what can happen in MO. If you get popped in KCMO or STLouis, they are no longer prosecuting these holding and paraphernalia violations. If you are in rural MO, and you get nabbed by a redneck Highway Patrolman or some yahoo police chief of a town of 2500 bible toting people, anything could happen. A pipe in your car can mean a whole lot of trouble. At the moment it is still safer to be clandestine, waiting for the legality to happen. We are still in a catch 22... where it might be legal for a cardholder to be holding some pot... but then you have to explain how you got it.
Yup. It used to be that way here.
Then, it got very hard to find twelve people who would convict.
Then, instructions came from Mayors and City Councils to the police agencies to stop arresting for MJ.
Then, the state made it legal and started taxing the shit out of it.

That’s why I’m happy to cultivate my own. The authorities and the stupid rules are creating an atmosphere that encourages the black market’s existence and keeps prices inflated. Can’t wait until we can put recreational use on the ballot and be free of silly restrictions.

To be in the medical circle you have to talk your way into it, doesn't matter where you live. Local public med dispensaries soon sell to anyone, may be shut down if they aren't in the capitalist plans or even plain thugs. The rollout is in step with the dynamics of the state markets that come out of prohibition; the pre-market situation means deals are being made, volumes of product packaging being prepared. When prohibition stops more dispensaries open up and the illegal delivery services are ever present. Next will be controlling the seeds and even the water to grow it.

Or it means we have a crooked Governor, who has his thumb on the scale and who is artificially slowing down the roll-out of medical marijuana in our state because he personally is against it and because he has big influence money in his pocket. Ask yourself just how much big money was brought in to remove Eric Greitens from office, and why it had to happen.

My stepdaughter just received her medical card. I will be growing for her, too. So I can have 12 flowering plants.
Yesterday I was thinking about this, and it occurred to me that they didn't realize how lenient they were being when they said we could have six plants. I have six monster plants now, growing under my own card. I don't know how much they will produce yet, but it should be a bunch. In my dreams, it's six pounds LOL. But probably since I got 7 oz. from my small tent and this one is five times larger, I should get at least 35 oz. I'm hoping the increased height and the better light will bring me more. We will see.
Missouri is full of smart people, and I imagine those who need their medicine available will grow their own.
The black market will flourish because many don't want to grow their own. People will have more than they need, and voila!
Dispensaries, once they open, will not have as good a grade of weed as I produce. And the cost will be high. 17-20 bucks a gram. An eighth will be $55 - $90 depending on the strain and quality. I figured up the cost of my grow per oz., taking in the cost of the equipment, nutrients and light and water, and it came to approximately $20 oz. Even if it is $25 oz., and considering my time, if I grew for someone else along with mine, it would cost no more than $160 an ounce. Wholesale prices. I tried to figure it the other way, just counting all the expenses and dividing it, and it still came to about $160 an ounce, including two hours a day for my time at $15 an hour. That was figuring the oz. at 42 and dividing everything in half, which comes to $159 an oz. , or the cost of $3350 for half the grow. There would have to be a lot of trust here to do that for someone, especially if the costs are not paid up front.
:lot-o-toke:

My stepdaughter just received her medical card. I will be growing for her, too. So I can have 12 flowering plants.
Yesterday I was thinking about this, and it occurred to me that they didn't realize how lenient they were being when they said we could have six plants. I have six monster plants now, growing under my own card. I don't know how much they will produce yet, but it should be a bunch. In my dreams, it's six pounds LOL. But probably since I got 7 oz. from my small tent and this one is five times larger, I should get at least 35 oz. I'm hoping the increased height and the better light will bring me more. We will see.
Missouri is full of smart people, and I imagine those who need their medicine available will grow their own.
The black market will flourish because many don't want to grow their own. People will have more than they need, and voila!
Dispensaries, once they open, will not have as good a grade of weed as I produce. And the cost will be high. 17-20 bucks a gram. An eighth will be $55 - $90 depending on the strain and quality. I figured up the cost of my grow per oz., taking in the cost of the equipment, nutrients and light and water, and it came to approximately $20 oz. Even if it is $25 oz., and considering my time, if I grew for someone else along with mine, it would cost no more than $160 an ounce. Wholesale prices. I tried to figure it the other way, just counting all the expenses and dividing it, and it still came to about $160 an ounce, including two hours a day for my time at $15 an hour. That was figuring the oz. at 42 and dividing everything in half, which comes to $159 an oz. , or the cost of $3350 for half the grow. There would have to be a lot of trust here to do that for someone, especially if the costs are not paid up front.
:lot-o-toke:
yep, and then imagine if you have the maximum of 2 patients. You could easily supply that third person on the pot you are now producing, bringing the cost per patient down ever further.

With my new solar panels, well water and cheapo nutrients, I have my cost per grow down to well under $200 per grow, for 18 plants in bloom and 18 in veg. My cost per finished oz is frightfully low at this point and we have also been trying to figure out what would be fair to charge our patients. They have both offered to "donate" well above what our TCO will be for the whole shebang.

yep, and then imagine if you have the maximum of 2 patients. You could easily supply that third person on the pot you are now producing, bringing the cost per patient down ever further.

With my new solar panels, well water and cheapo nutrients, I have my cost per grow down to well under $200 per grow, for 18 plants in bloom and 18 in veg. My cost per finished oz is frightfully low at this point and we have also been trying to figure out what would be fair to charge our patients. They have both offered to "donate" well above what our TCO will be for the whole shebang.
I feel that my time is worth something. So I add it into the initial costs and then divide that number by two. There's another person who wants me to grow for him, so I think if he gets a card I can do it for him, as well. But here's the deal: I like this person fine and all, but he got me some weed a time or two when I was out. He charged me $80 a quarter. He isn't a grower, so he got that from a grower friend he has; but now that grower doesn't want to break the law and is no longer supplying my buddy. He has a friend who has a med card and OK and ARK are both covering the needs of MO patients, and he buys it there now; I told him that if he would get a card I would be happy to be his cultivator. But he's been listening to his friends and they said if he had a card he would lose his guns. The offer is still open, but I doubt he will get legal and will want me to supply him anyway, which I'm reluctant to do.
I don't know that he would really lose his guns. But having this problem between the feds and the states is causing confusion. I'd like to know this: how can they take my shotgun? It's not registered. LOL

at this point and we have also been trying to figure out what would be fair to charge our patients.
My rule (here in Cali) is that I charge you my cost, PLUS my time. I bill my time at a minimum of $20 an hour. And, I figure it takes at least ten hours a month to take care of your plants.
So, cost plus $200 per month - about $350 per month total.
And, that's a minimum.
Some, I charge more because they can pay.

For that, I guarantee that you'll receive what you need, with reasonable limits agreed upon up front.

Back
Top Bottom