Been fighting these spots since day 5: Please help

GreenStart2019

420 Member
Hey guys I have posted on here a few weeks ago with a problem that has been getting to me since the birth of the girl. She seems to go really well for a few nodes and then she will start to develop what now look like "rust" spots. I will post the pictures I have all the way through since germination of these brown spots.

Environment:

Indoor

Temp : 25 during the day / 20 at night

Humidty: seedling stage was 70 - 80 % and veg I have it set to 50% and I brought the humidity down slowly about 5 % every 3 days

AirFlow: 4 in inline fan sucking out, a 4 in desk fan blowing in and a HVAC system also blowing in when temps get to high or low. All plants are gently moving in the breeze.

Soil: Blackgold Organic Potting mix

Nutes: just started her on big grow and calmagig at around 3 weeks. Calmagic should have been used the entire time because my water goes through a softner which removes calcium and magnesium but I didn't have any until recently .

She is growing at a normal rate but thes spots always come back. I have trimmed off the ones that were majorly spotted and dieing as you can tell from below pictures .

Pictures start at most recent and go back to when the problem was first noticed . Again this is not a new problem has been an issue since shortly after germination. Deffienly thought that it was overwatering at first but I don't think that's the issue anymore ....

Attachments

• IMG_20190514_172559.jpg
    IMG_20190514_172559.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20190514_172548.jpg
    IMG_20190514_172548.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20190513_224152.jpg
    IMG_20190513_224152.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20190511_131929.jpg
    IMG_20190511_131929.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20190508_191246.jpg
    IMG_20190508_191246.jpg
    738.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20190508_191236.jpg
    IMG_20190508_191236.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20190508_094921.jpg
    IMG_20190508_094921.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20190506_154629.jpg
    IMG_20190506_154629.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20190506_154614.jpg
    IMG_20190506_154614.jpg
    607.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20190506_154609.jpg
    IMG_20190506_154609.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 90
Hey guys I have posted on here a few weeks ago with a problem that has been getting to me since the birth of the girl. She seems to go really well for a few nodes and then she will start to develop what now look like "rust" spots. I will post the pictures I have all the way through since germination of these brown spots.

Environment:

Indoor

Temp : 25 during the day / 20 at night

Humidty: seedling stage was 70 - 80 % and veg I have it set to 50% and I brought the humidity down slowly about 5 % every 3 days

AirFlow: 4 in inline fan sucking out, a 4 in desk fan blowing in and a HVAC system also blowing in when temps get to high or low. All plants are gently moving in the breeze.

Soil: Blackgold Organic Potting mix

Nutes: just started her on big grow and calmagig at around 3 weeks. Calmagic should have been used the entire time because my water goes through a softner which removes calcium and magnesium but I didn't have any until recently .

She is growing at a normal rate but thes spots always come back. I have trimmed off the ones that were majorly spotted and dieing as you can tell from below pictures .

Pictures start at most recent and go back to when the problem was first noticed . Again this is not a new problem has been an issue since shortly after germination. Deffienly thought that it was overwatering at first but I don't think that's the issue anymore ....
It’s looks like a fungus because you’re doing everything correct .its a rust fungus by the looks to me ...you can’t take a table spoon of baking soda to 2liters of water or 1/2 cup of garlic soaked in a gallon of water and spray on pant

It’s looks like a fungus because you’re doing everything correct .its a rust fungus by the looks to me ...you can’t take a table spoon of baking soda to 2liters of water or 1/2 cup of garlic soaked in a gallon of water and spray on pant
You CAN ***
I recently purchased some neem oil should use that as well or instead of the garlic ?
im not sure if meen oil is for that I know it’s for pest .....but if you’re gonna try it make sure and shake bottle every time you spray so the neem oil with distribute into the water properly

You CAN ***

im not sure if meen oil is for that I know it’s for pest .....but if you’re gonna try it make sure and shake bottle every time you spray so the neem oil with distribute into the water properly
I'll try both methods because you are right neem is more for pests which I don't think I have but apparently it's good a preventive measure as well. I have attempted a H2O2 (peroxide) foliar spray twice and it has seemed to help but still not "cure" the spots. So hopefully the garlic or baking soda can wipe out whatever pathogen is attacking her lol

As for neem not sure if you have any experience with it but the ratios of water to neem is unclear to me. A post i read on a forum said 5ML per L of water so when I mixed it I did it at 2.5 ML per L as I usually half recommended doses to start. I also added a drop of dawn (non phosphate) dish liquid to help emulsify the oil. Does this seem ok? Also on a side note was very hard keeping my lunch in my stomach while working with the neem. I read it smelled bad but nothing could have prepared me hahahah

I'll try both methods because you are right neem is more for pests which I don't think I have but apparently it's good a preventive measure as well. I have attempted a H2O2 (peroxide) foliar spray twice and it has seemed to help but still not "cure" the spots. So hopefully the garlic or baking soda can wipe out whatever pathogen is attacking her lol

As for neem not sure if you have any experience with it but the ratios of water to neem is unclear to me. A post i read on a forum said 5ML per L of water so when I mixed it I did it at 2.5 ML per L as I usually half recommended doses to start. I also added a drop of dawn (non phosphate) dish liquid to help emulsify the oil. Does this seem ok? Also on a side note was very hard keeping my lunch in my stomach while working with the neem. I read it smelled bad but nothing could have prepared me hahahah
Yeah neem has that effect lol... I teaspoon per liter should be fine and the dawn is perfect ...you know what you’re doing man ...most important is to spray the plant well expectially the underleaves

Yeah neem has that effect lol... I teaspoon per liter should be fine and the dawn is perfect ...you know what you’re doing man ...most important is to spray the plant well expectially the underleaves
Thank you I really appreciate it :) I'll post some pics in a few days after I try the above solutions :) i really appricraite the advice and help and motivation ! :D

Iam going to guess it's the salt from your water softener.

I'd buy some RO water and flush them good.
Add some aloe vera and calmag
It is the softner with the pellets:p I am going to start watering with RO from now on , also will be moving in 2 weeks to a place with city water so that should help the lack of good stuff and excess of sodium

Back
Top Bottom