Well good @EZCalyx that's why I post this stuff. It's my sincere hope that one day EVERYONE will start making their own seeds and then watch the prices of the $25.00 each to $45.00 each seeds start coming down dramatically. I had a strain of autoflowering seeds I wanted purchase recently but just couldn't justify paying $50.00 for 3 seeds. So I will ask around and see if I can find someone who can loan me one of those seeds, reverse the plant, and make a couple hundred seeds off the plant. Enough to last me forever.

And I agree, you do owe it to yourself to try it.

I cleanly cut the branch off at as severe an angle as I can. I fill up a large flower vase with water and VERY weak nutrients and place the branch in it. Above the branch I hang a small screw in 17w blurple LED bulb to keep the branch alive. Pollen sacks open up in the AM so first thing I do is grab my mirror and set it on the table. I pull the pollen sack branch out of the water and dry the end in the water (this just so the wife doesn't get mad) and then hold the pollen sacks over top of the mirror and thump thump thump the branch with my finger. And OH, I only start doing this when I see a couple pollen sacks have opened and are dumping pollen. AND Prior to trying to collect the pollen I snip off a lot of the leaves on the secondary/side branches coming off the treated branch that look like they have the most pollen sacks. This allows the pollen to fall directly onto the mirror and I don't lose any one the leaves.

I cleanly cut the branch off at as severe an angle as I can. I fill up a large flower vase with water and VERY weak nutrients and place the branch in it. Above the branch I hang a small screw in 17w blurple LED bulb to keep the branch alive. Pollen sacks open up in the AM so first thing I do is grab my mirror and set it on the table. I pull the pollen sack branch out of the water and dry the end in the water (this just so the wife doesn't get mad) and then hold the pollen sacks over top of the mirror and thump thump thump the branch with my finger. And OH, I only start doing this when I see a couple pollen sacks have opened and are dumping pollen. AND Prior to trying to collect the pollen I snip off a lot of the leaves on the secondary/side branches coming off the treated branch that look like they have the most pollen sacks. This allows the pollen to fall directly onto the mirror and I don't lose any one the leaves.

That is awesome! Thanks for the info. I really want to try this on a future grow.

Hi Beez, I'm so glad you made this tutorial! We're always looking to find ways to get this done! Last time I used CS I kept painting when I should have stopped. All the man sacs grew but were all grey and empty. I'm willing to bet if I stopped painting it would have worked! :thanks:
I think you might be on to something there. When I reverse a plant I always see the first boy parts show up down towards the bottom of the branch on one of the side branches. I keep applying the CS but skip over any side branches upon which I see boy parts.

I think you might be on to something there. When I reverse a plant I always see the first boy parts show up down towards the bottom of the branch on one of the side branches. I keep applying the CS but skip over any side branches upon which I see boy parts.
Those words are what said to me that indeed I was onto success until I went overboard painting! Next time I'll get it!

Here is a quick update on the Golden Tiger seed run. It's looking like if I don't want an open pollination I'll need to harvest the branch with the pollens sacks in the next several days. I was hoping to be able to leave it on there longer. Because the branch went into heavy stretch mode I do not think the upper side branches are going to form pollen sacks. So there are not a ton of pollen sacks so my plan has changed a bit. I will concentrate on pollinating the Golden Tiger until I feel I've made sufficient seeds and if there is any pollen left I'll move on to the Granddaddy Purple first and then the Divinity Remix. We'll see, I usually end up with more pollen sacks then I could possible use so hopefully that is the case here.

So the Golden Tiger plant is really pretty. She basically has a relatively even canopy formed by side branches that formed off of the 8 or 9 main branches. Those 8 or 9 main branches have risen up above this canopy and are headed to the @Mars Hydro FC-6500 light which is calling out to them. Here is a photo of one of those branches.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Beautiful open structure on the GT! :goodluck: with the pollen.
I thought at some point you might mention the strain of your seed plant/plants.
It's in the caption of the seed pic, but just to be clear, they're Sour G S1 seeds.

Sour G is an accidental cross made by a past member here, and it's Sour Diesel x GG4 x THC Bomb. Folks seem to like it and there are no more seeds available, so I thought I'd try the STS again at a stronger dilution to see if I could make some. It worked!

I'm test germinating some now and if I get sprouts I can finally toss the mother plant.

It's my sincere hope that one day EVERYONE will start making their own seeds and then watch the prices of the $25.00 each to $45.00 each seeds start coming down dramatically.
TOTALLY AGREE!

I'm in the middle of my first pollen chucking experiment but using a male and female of the same strain, so no fancy reversing tech for me yet.

I'm looking forward to your seed harvesting ideas as trying to get all the seeds out was a real project!

But I was amazed at the sheer number of seeds I got. I flowered in a 1L container and got 253 seeds as good looking as any I've ever paid for, which made me wonder why seeds are so expensive in the first place. It's not like they are rare. I would imagine that a pro grower growing normal sized plants would produce many, many thousands of seeds from just one plant.

Seems ridiculous. But we pay it, so maybe that's on us.

Great tut, btw! :bravo:

I would imagine that a pro grower growing normal sized plants would produce many, many thousands of seed from just one plant.
You got that 100% right. Thousands and thousands of seeds off a single decent sized plant. If the breeder is doing an open pollination there might be a dozen females and two or three males in the tent with fans blowing the pollen everywhere. X $20 each. OR make your own with just a little work and time.

What gets me is it's pretty consistent at $10 and up per seed. I would understand that for some unique patented variety but when I buy seeds of any other plant I get a whole packet of dozens of the things for a few bucks.

Makes no sense. :confused:

I was cleaning up the plants and tent this morning and had to take a few photos. It's all fun and games right now watching this Golden Tiger plant absolutely flourish under the @Mars Hydro FC-6500 light but I think she is eventually going to reach the light and I am sorely lacking in skill and experience to snap the branches over. But I have duct tape so it should all be good.

On a side note I would like to talk a little about this Mars Hydro FC6500 Samsung LM301B Vertical Farm LED Grow Light light that I am using. The tent I am growing these plants in is a 4' x 4' x 80" tent from Mars Hydro that I purchased last year. The FC-6500 fits nearly perfectly from corner to corner filling every part of the tent with glorious light. The driver is outside the tent!! Let me repeat that, the driver is outside the tent so the heat it generates is already away from the plants. If I could pay one compliment to Mars Hydro it's that they listen to their customers and are willing to make the changes that improve their products functionality.

That said here are a few pictures of the Golden Tiger reversed plant on about day 14 of flowering. Once she started to produce buds she went crazy.

This first photo shows her long legs. Those of you who know me know that I hate trimming flowers and detest larfy buds. So removing everything all the way up to the canopy allows the plant to put 100% of it's energy to producing top quality flowers. This also allows for increased air flow as well as light penetration. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom