I've been making seeds now for about 4 1/2 years and given many away to friends and very honestly do not recall ever finding or hearing of my friends finding hermies when growing out the seeds from a plant I've reversed. I never actually really looked for them so they may have been there, late so no seeds. I guess there is always a chance right? But I try to reverse very stable strains so that probably accounts for a lack of hermies?

I cleanly cut the branch off at as severe an angle as I can. I fill up a large flower vase with water and VERY weak nutrients and place the branch in it. Above the branch I hang a small screw in 17w blurple LED bulb to keep the branch alive. Pollen sacks open up in the AM so first thing I do is grab my mirror and set it on the table. I pull the pollen sack branch out of the water and dry the end in the water (this just so the wife doesn't get mad) and then hold the pollen sacks over top of the mirror and thump thump thump the branch with my finger. And OH, I only start doing this when I see a couple pollen sacks have opened and are dumping pollen. AND Prior to trying to collect the pollen I snip off a lot of the leaves on the secondary/side branches coming off the treated branch that look like they have the most pollen sacks. This allows the pollen to fall directly onto the mirror and I don't lose any one the leaves.
And then once the pollen is collected how do you apply it and then how do you store any excess?

Two ways I apply pollen. One is by hand with a very small artists paintbrush. I remove the plant from the tent and sit it on a small tarp, turn off the A/C so no fans blowing. I treat the lowest of the lowest buds on the plant cause who wants to trim those right? And by pollinating the very bottom buds excess pollen falls onto the tarp and not other buds you didn't want to pollinate. Once done I take a spray bottle and wet the tarp and wipe it up with paper towels to remove unwanted pollen. I wait about 90 minutes (temperature permitting) and turn on the A/C or obviously heat if it's cold out. I keep the plant out of the tent for 6-8 hour, usually closer to 8 at which time I lightly spray a mist of water on the buds I pollinated which ruins any stray pollen. Then let it dry a bit and put it back in the tent.

Another method is to put pollen into a plastic bread bag and pull the bag onto a branch and shake the heck out of the branch and bag to get the pollen flying inside the bag. Then tie off the open end and leave it on for a couple hours. Gently remove it and after 4 or 5 hours lightly mist the branch, let it dry and return to the tent.

Never tried storing pollen. I understand you put the pollen into an airtight container like a test tube-ish thing with an airtight lid (stressing the airtight) add some rice to absorb moisture close it up tight and store it in the freezer.

Two ways I apply pollen. One is by hand with a very small artists paintbrush. I remove the plant from the tent and sit it on a small tarp, turn off the A/C so no fans blowing. I treat the lowest of the lowest buds on the plant cause who wants to trim those right? And by pollinating the very bottom buds excess pollen falls onto the tarp and not other buds you didn't want to pollinate. Once done I take a spray bottle and wet the tarp and wipe it up with paper towels to remove unwanted pollen. I wait about 90 minutes (temperature permitting) and turn on the A/C or obviously heat if it's cold out. I keep the plant out of the tent for 6-8 hour, usually closer to 8 at which time I lightly spray a mist of water on the buds I pollinated which ruins any stray pollen. Then let it dry a bit and put it back in the tent.

Another method is to put pollen into a plastic bread bag and pull the bag onto a branch and shake the heck out of the branch and bag to get the pollen flying inside the bag. Then tie off the open end and leave it on for a couple hours. Gently remove it and after 4 or 5 hours lightly mist the branch, let it dry and return to the tent.

Never tried storing pollen. I understand you put the pollen into an airtight container like a test tube-ish thing with an airtight lid (stressing the airtight) add some rice to absorb moisture close it up tight and store it in the freezer.
Thanks, beez! :thanks:

Learning a lot in this thread. Keep it coming!

Sour G is an accidental cross made by a past member here, and it's Sour Diesel x GG4 x THC Bomb.
Explain the nomenclature here if you would. I understand a two plant cross is Plant 1 Female x Plant 2 Male, but how does the third plant in your example fit in?

Explain the nomenclature here if you would. I understand a two plant cross is Plant 1 Female x Plant 2 Male, but how does the third plant in your example fit in?
Bomb Seeds sells a variety called Gorilla Bomb which (as you can guess) is a cross between GG4 and their THC Bomb.

The former member here had one in his tent with a Sour Diesel that hermied as a result of mite infestation and multiple sprayings, and the result was a cross he called Nuke. I renamed it to Sour G and now I have a few more seeds!

Bomb Seeds sells a variety called Gorilla Bomb which (as you can guess) is a cross between GG4 and their THC Bomb.

The former member here had one in his tent with a Sour Diesel that hermied as a result of mite infestation and multiple sprayings, and the result was a cross he called Nuke. I renamed it to Sour G and now I have a few more seeds!

Ok, thanks. So if your female was also a cross, there would be four names in the label? That seems like it could go on and on, but maybe 4 names is all they go?

Ok, thanks. So if your female was also a cross, there would be four names in the label? That seems like it could go on and on, but maybe 4 names is all they go?
They make up new names for crosses all the time! I just listed them so folks knew what the parentage is.

I even tested some Sour G pollen on my latest Jack Herer, so those seeds are a four-way cross:

Wow! Congrats on the seeds. That looks like quite a haul. I just harvested my first batch of seeds and it was quite a project to find them all. Well, find most of them I guess as I just found some more in the rubble. :laughtwo:

Boy parts.........not as many as I had hoped for and I think the reason for that is because the branch I was treating stretched SO MUCH and SO FAST. All the sacks are down at the bottom of the branch.

I'm back with another update! I have been watching the boy parts very intently looking for a pollen sack to open. It's time to remove the branch and get it segregated in another part of the house.

The Golden Tiger plant seems to have finally stopped stretching at 53" above the soil where she has been for the last four days. She had a big feeding/watering yesterday morning and no growth in 24 hours since. She has a main canopy which is pretty flat and even comprised of a bunch of shortish 6-8" branches and towering out of that canopy are 8 main branches which extend up toward the light about 8-10 inches. Here is a halfway decent photo of one of these main branches.

And finally here is a quick bud shot of one of the Divinity Remix buds. The tent was flipped to 11/13 lighting just 29 days ago so this DR plant has about 45 days to go. I figure the Golden Tiger will run for maybe 12 weeks to 13 weeks so she has maybe 62 days to go. This seed making project is taking forever!

Back
Top Bottom