The plant is insanely floppy at this point. Even the smaller side branches are starting to droop over. I must have about 15 or so yo-yos on the plant. The buds are a LOT more dense then I would have expected. I guess my expectations of sativa buds are that they are fluffy and not too dense.

The buds on the Golden Tiger have started down the path of autumn as many of the pistils are starting to darken even as the plant continues to push out new white pistils. The plant will be at flip +63 days on Monday which is exactly 9 weeks of flowering. So maybe 2-3 more weeks to go?

Divinity looks amazing and my GT had regular colas at the top like yours. I've never had a true sativa shape in spite of growing what were supposed to be true sativa's!
What did you tell me your GTs took? Was it 12 weeks outside? Would it be less or more inside?

Great thread, @beez0404.
I want to try reversing sometime and with all the knowledge here I'm that much closer. Thanks for sharing.

Q: Is it necessary to flip to 12/12 before beginning the reversal process?

Great thread, @beez0404.
I want to try reversing sometime and with all the knowledge here I'm that much closer. Thanks for sharing.

Q: Is it necessary to flip to 12/12 before beginning the reversal process?
I start treating the plant about 7 days prior to flipping it.

This journal has my imagination running wild and has inspired me. I am thinking about trying this feminizing and crossing with two older strains. I want to try growing a 100% (or close) sativa and 100% indica and apply CS to one lower branch on each. Then collect feminized pollen from each plant and pollinate the opposite plant. One would be a sativa plant producing 50% indica feminized seeds and an indica plant producing 50% sativa seeds. I would then plant as many of them to find the good phenotypes of each and cross those. I am thinking this could produce a new strain of unknown potential. Am I thinking about this correctly or would I just create trash? I have a book on plant genetics and breeding arriving today.

I did some seed plucking off the Golden Tiger plant a bit ago. There aren't a ton more on the plant but should be enough to make it worthwhile drying out the buds and breaking them up hunting for scragglers. I found 51 today and I'm quite content with that as I'll probably never grow more then 5 or 6 in my lifetime.

I've reached the end of this seed run. All three plants have been harvested as I'm trimming up the last of the Golden Tiger today. I picked one of the larger colas on which I performed one of my OCD trim jobs. This will be hung to dry and when totally dried I'll vacuum seal it and gift it to my best friend of 60+ years for Christmas. As I trim this plant I am strongly reminded of the Colombian Gold I grew a few years ago. Very similar fragrance.

Nice job beez

I just found the journal while researching cutting off the sprayed branch and it was answered a few pages back.
I'm making another attempt to keep my Widow going with 41th gen clone of clones. Last grow was 40th gen and I saw no pods at all 😭. Today I noticed some pods forming on the 41st gen cola I'm spraying :cheesygrinsmiley:

There's a Cheese and an Exodus Cheese in the room with the Widow. Anything I've crossed with the Widow pollen I saved from 30th gen was outstanding but I only get two or three seeds, but it's like turbo charging a strain.

A few grows back I used seeds I made from 30th gen and selfed one of those and got about 400 seeds. Good but not good as the original. I've grown 3 out with varying results and tastes
o_O

Well I'm about to step out of my CS comfort zone and give STS a try. I have the bottles and ingredients already. Looking forward to treating the plant 10 or so times total as opposed to 30+ times total.
I bought some premade liquid STS and they recomended once every 7 days and I got no pods.
Then I tried their one two punch and used STS every 5 days and CS on the others and I got loads of seeds.
I used the combo on the last clones and no pods.
I used the combo again this time and I'm seeing pods.

I bought some premade liquid STS and they recomended once every 7 days and I got no pods.
Then I tried their one two punch and used STS every 5 days and CS on the others and I got loads of seeds.
I used the combo on the last clones and no pods.
I used the combo again this time and I'm seeing pods.
I went with STS every 4 days at the usual dilution (10%) I got some seeds off the sprayed plant but no viable pollen. When I went with 50% solution and every 3 days I got seeds on the STS plant and many many hundreds of seeds off the pollinated plants!

Back
Top Bottom