BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Are At It Again: Outdoor Grow Season 3

Nice harvests,Beez! Great trichome shots too!

Tuesday update on Saturday :hmmmm:

I finally harvested the last two autos I had going on Tuesday. CBD Lemon Potion and Critical Mass #2. The Lemon Potion was at 82 days (breeder estimate was 70 days), and the Critical Mass was at 75 days (breeder estimate was 70 - 77 days).

CBD Lemon Potion Auto
As was the previous two that I've grown, this one was pretty small, so harvesting took about 45 minutes including bud wash and clean up. :)

Here's some trichome shots. There was actually more amber showing than the pictures suggest.

Critical Mass Auto
We grew two of these this year. This one was quite a bit larger than the first - maybe because I was able to do some LST early on this one.

I guessing maybe 1.5 oz after it's dried. I finally smoked some of the first one recently. I was pleasantly surprised at the smoothness of the smoke and the potentcy of the high.

Congrats on 2 more nice harvests, Beez!
harvesting took about 45 minutes
It's gonna be awhile before you can say that again... :oops:

Last week I was visiting my son (@Liquidintel ) and took these pics of his plants. Not quite as large as mine, but that was part of his plan to keep them a bit smaller. He kept them in 10 gallon pots, topped them a couple times, and feeds them Megacrop.

Super Critical Bud CBD
Kinda lanky plant - almost octopus-like. Breeder stats: (Garden of Green) Indica 60%, Sativa 40%; 21% THC, 17% CBD.

Alaskan Purple
This one has a nice look to it. Breeder stats: (Seedsman) Indica 70%, Sativa 30%; 15%-20% THC.

White Widow
We grew this last year, but from a different breeder. It's one of my son's favorites. Breeder stats: (Seedsman) Indica 40%, Sativa 60%; 18%-20% THC.

Pest update
My first time spraying plants with BT, so I'm still working my way up the learning curve. I started spraying a little too late so the caterpillars got a good head start on my plants. I'm pulling of a little pile of damaged buds each day.
The BT is helping as I'm finding dead cats here and there. I read the label again and noticed that it said to use the mixture within 24 hrs. Unfortunately, I mixed a gallon of the BT and was refilling my quart size sprayer as needed. That gallon was sitting for a couple weeks before using it up so probably was a bit ineffective at that point.

The caterpiller in the second pic above was not dead yet, but was part way there. You can see that it's color was fading, and it was no longer hiding deep within the bud.

I also noticed a bit of a spider mite issue on my mutant Gorilla Breath. At least I think it's a spider mite - pretty tiny, not visible to the naked eye. The mutant is going to get chopped today (I think).
I'll update with harvest pics once that happens. :Namaste:

Damn...they grow those caterpillars big up in your neck of the woods!- I move mine in at night to avoid the moth caterpillars, so I got butterfly caterpillars....guess we just can't win...

How is your aphid situation up there? I got lucky (so far, anyway) and haven't seen any more aphids since I mashed a bunch of them about 6 weeks ago...

All Liquidintel's plants look really good, but that Alaskan Purple is a real standout!

How is your aphid situation up there? I got lucky (so far, anyway) and haven't seen any more aphids since I mashed a bunch of them about 6 weeks ago...
I had a bunch of them on one of my autos back in June. Other than that, I haven’t seen any. Didn't have any the last couple seasons either.

Glad to see your stellar grow going gangbusters, per usual!

Haven't checked in lately, because I decided awhile back to zero out social media of all kinds & spend the time listening to birds...literally.

Grow on, compadre!

Haven't checked in lately, because I decided awhile back to zero out social media of all kinds & spend the time listening to birds...literally.
I tend to do that from time to time as well for a "recharge". It's always a pleasure when you stop by. :Namaste:
Good to get the little ones out of the way early and give your trimming hand a chance to get into shape :).
I thought I had all the little ones out of the way, and then I remembered the "mutant". I was just tired of looking at those ugly leaves and scrawny buds (and spider mites), so I chopped it on Sunday. I really don't think the buds are going to be worthwhile smoke (but will give it a try anyway). I'll probably just make topicals with it.

Congrats on yet another nice harvest,Beez!
I really don't think the buds are going to be worthwhile smoke (but will give it a try anyway).
I dunno- there's plenty of trichomes on those "scrawny" buds- they may "work" pretty well

It looked ready to come down anyway, and now you qualify for BSOHL!
My hand is definitely not in the best shape of my life :laughtwo: I'm currently doing physical therapy twice a week for my trimming hand plus cortisone shot (de quervain's tenosynovitis). I can't even blame it on trimming the previous plants cuz they all took less than an hour each.:rolleyes:
I dunno- there's plenty of trichomes on those "scrawny" buds- they may "work" pretty well
Maybe. It was pretty frosty, but nothing near as frosty as her big sister.

The next few days are gonna be super busy. @Liquidintel 's Alaskan Purple is ready, my Gorilla Breath 2 is in the harvest window, and the Dr. S is also looking ready - especially since it's CBD and should be taken slightly early. My friend's Dresden Diamond is also ready and he has Tuesday marked on the calendar for harvest day, which I've offered to help with. Oh, and did I mention my youngest son is getting married tomorrow? I've got tons of update pics for the big girls, just need some time to post them. Stay tuned :cool:

Oh, and did I mention my youngest son is getting married tomorrow?
Congrats to your son and his wife to be!

And good luck on all the upcoming trimming- this would be a good time to be ambidextrous!

I hope that Other hand improves the Luiz. I have a trigger fringe thing too. Bloody excruciating sometimes.

That thing you said about CBD needing to be taken early. I am seeing a few folks post that and I wonder where it comes from. All I’ve come across says we’re looking for max amount of cloudy/milky, like any other plant (unless you’re going for CBN with a THC plant in which case you let it go ‘late’).

so I’m curious if I’ve missed some piece of info... :hmmmm:

That thing you said about CBD needing to be taken early. I am seeing a few folks post that and I wonder where it comes from.
Hmm.. I've seen it a couple of places. I thought your journal was one of the places. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I've heard mostly milky just like the THC, but don't let it get to the usual THC amount of amber. Hence, "slightly early".

Back
Top Bottom