BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Are At It Again: Outdoor Grow Season 3

Damn, Beez- Beautiful ladies you've got there- that KA5H is definitely going to stretch your patience (and the weather) to the limit!

Next time I'll have to pull out my taller ladder.
Or just get on the roof to take the pics- so the neighbors can say "what in the hell is that guy doing?"

Trimming's going to take longer than flowering.
That would be funnier if I didn't think is really is a possiblility! :laughtwo:
That GB1 looks like a lil baby compared to those other big mamas!
It does, but actually it's the same height as Dr. S - just sitting lower to the ground and in a 10 gallon pot instead of a 20 gal.
I’ve been meaning to ask you, when you long term seal the buds, do you do anything special to it first?
I do nothing special to the buds. I use a "Food Saver" vacuum unit that has the capability to seal manually (before full vacuum). That way I can remove most of the air, then seal without crushing the buds. I've opened a couple bags after 1 year, and they smell and feel as fresh as the day I sealed them. Some are now 2 years old. One of these days soon, I should open one.
That Haze is seriously taking its time in the flowering department. You can barely tell it's in flower in the wide shots.
The flowers are certainly developing, but very slowly. According to the breeder's website, it is a slow maturing plant and even suggest harvest (in the northern hemosphere) would be late October - early November.
Or just get on the roof to take the pics- so the neighbors can say "what in the hell is that guy doing?"
That thought has indeed crossed my mind. :laughtwo:

It does, but actually it's the same height as Dr. S - just sitting lower to the ground and in a 10 gallon pot instead of a 20 gal.
Lol, I hate to quibble with ya Beez, but I’m not buying that bridge :laughtwo:
883A6C97-B014-451F-92A9-E5ADA2CFAD35.jpeg

I do nothing special to the buds. I use a "Food Saver" vacuum unit that has the capability to seal manually (before full vacuum). That way I can remove most of the air, then seal without crushing the buds.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip Beez, I’ll be sure to get one that has the manual setting. :thanks:

Jeez Beez! I go away for a minute and can't find you for the jungle! Awesomeness! :yummy:
Stay stoned and stay stoned.

We've had smoky skies here for the past 3 weeks due to all the wlid fires going on thoughout the state. Some days worse than others - today was one of the bad days. These pictures were taken today at 11:30am. Been staying indoors mostly due to the unhealthy air. :confused:

Looks pretty thick down there, beez. Do you have a good hvac filter in your house? We sell ionization units at work that take smoke/odors/dust/pathogens out of the air, they work great. I put one in my place this summer and would definitely recommend them.
It’s nice to come inside to some good air quality!

The only upside I can think of is that the orange color might help them ripen faster.
That, and the temps were several degrees cooler than forecasted due to the smoke.
Do you have a good hvac filter in your house?
I have a filter, yes. Not sure how good it is - probably need to replace it again soon. Most homes in our area do not even have air conditioning as the temps are usually pretty mild. Fortunately I had AC installed about 20 years ago - so glad I did, and the air quality indoors is noticeably better than out.
We’ve had really bad smoke here the last few days too, today being the worst. Hoping for relief for you very soon.
Calif has already hit record numbers of fires (more than 7,000 so far this year) and acres burned (more than 1.6 million) and the fire season is just now getting underway. Thanks for the hugs! :hug: :love:
We had smoky haze like that Monday, and today it snowed and my outdoor girls are in the garage until Thursday.
At least my plants don't have to worry about snow here.

High Beez! :passitleft: The wind has blown the air clear down here. Yay:yahoo:! Santa Ana winds come on! Hope it clears for you soon. I spent several summers fighting forest fires here , Idaho and in Alaska and I wish those brave souls fighting these epice fires the best. If the budworms were not such a problem here or i would try to grow a beauty like yours! Im trying a tester nug of the Gelato. Its good now so when its amber and ready i believe it will be a winner. I hope you and yours are healthy and happy. Stay stoned and stay stoned.

Feeling for you in the fire proximity zone Luiz - you have my full comradery :love:

They really screw with the weather too - when we were mostly cut-off those 5 days After New Years, with nearly zero visibility for 3 (from smoke), it was so thick that the temperatures dropped to really really cold. That was part of the apocalyptic feeling - no light from the sun, and also no warmth - for days, in the middle of summer. We were all wrapped in borrowed blankets etc becasue no-one was prepared for it to get cold like that. A very eerie sensory experience all around. Seems totally counter-intuitive but our bushfire evacuation kit now contains woollies, a beanie, a scarf etc., and some extra blankets!

Your plants are coping with it ok for now it seems so that’s good! Look out for odd pest activity - our fire season was early int he summer so it totally screwed with the insect and pest/beneficial balances as well (we had super drought beforehand so that was a factor, too). Just thought I’d mention that!

It will be a happy miracle if your Killer A5 gets to finish... I am cheering for it! :cheer:

All the best Luiz - get some N95 masks if you can for the smoke. My lungs still aren’t recovered from our summer - maybe they never will. We didn’t get proper masks for the smoke until very late in the picture :eye-roll: ...

I am dealing with the same smoke only on the other side of the valley. My plants are getting ash daily and the sun has been filtered for almost a month. This area went through a huge fire here a couple of years ago, it is not that bad but it's pretty bad. I hope you, your friends and loved ones are staying safe.

I spent several summers fighting forest fires here , Idaho and in Alaska and I wish those brave souls fighting these epic fires the best.
Thank you for all your past efforts! Everyone here appreciates and respects the men and women that put their lives in danger to fight these fires. :love:
Feeling for you in the fire proximity zone Luiz - you have my full comradery :love:
Thanks, Amy. I've had some friends that had to evacuate their homes for a couple days, and my son's home was within a mile or two of an evacuation warning. Fortunately most of the large fires in our region are now mostly contained, but still raging north of us and south of us.
All the best Luiz - get some N95 masks if you can for the smoke.
N95 masks are difficult to find these days due to the pandemic. Fortunately, I still have a few that I purchased a couple years ago. I put one on to mow my lawn a couple days ago.
I’m thinking of you and sending you my best - it is horrible and it will/does pass!
Thanks for the well wishes. Forecast is for the ocean breezes to kick in on Tuesday and to start moving the smoke elsewhere. Good for us, but possibly bad for other locals.
I am dealing with the same smoke only on the other side of the valley. This area went through a huge fire here a couple of years ago, it is not that bad but it's pretty bad. I hope you, your friends and loved ones are staying safe.
I am very familiar with your area and know that you are much more at risk for wildfires than where I live. Stay safe and stay prepared. :love:

Thank you for all your past efforts! Everyone here appreciates and respects the men and women that put their lives in danger to fight these fires. :love:

Thanks, Amy. I've had some friends that had to evacuate their homes for a couple days, and my son's home was within a mile or two of an evacuation warning. Fortunately most of the large fires in our region are now mostly contained, but still raging north of us and south of us.

N95 masks are difficult to find these days due to the pandemic. Fortunately, I still have a few that I purchased a couple years ago. I put one on to mow my lawn a couple days ago.

Thanks for the well wishes. Forecast is for the ocean breezes to kick in on Tuesday and to start moving the smoke elsewhere. Good for us, but possibly bad for other locals.

I am very familiar with your area and know that you are much more at risk for wildfires than where I live. Stay safe and stay prepared. :love:
Beautiful plants, Beez. Outdoor grows, which I am unable to do, simply blow me away! :Rasta:

I hope things in Cali get under control soon. In the meantime, perhaps all of you Cali residents can help with the smoke pollution by taking a sabbatical from smoking weed. :laughtwo:

I hope things in Cali get under control soon. In the meantime, perhaps all of you Cali residents can help with the smoke pollution by taking a sabbatical from smoking weed.
That's certainly food for thought. :laughtwo: Actually, I have indeed smoked very little the past couple of weeks. My lungs and sinuses are just not happy with the air quality right now.

High Beez. This is getting old. I know you are probably getting it worse up there and I wish you and yours the best. But take heart. Help is on the way! I saw a meeting between state fire and governments officials and the top guy said that he knows that the climate will get colder! Yay! Stay stoned and stay stoneder.

Back
Top Bottom