BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

That's what I've heard. I've never tried it myself, so kinda hoping that's what I got. The plant is a pretty descent size so we might get 3 or 4 oz from it.

Here is my AK without training from September of last year:

full

:nomo: Got me curious about the genetics of both. I looked up Trainwreck - Mexican x Thai x Afgani. Then I looked up AK47 - South American x Mexican x Thai x Afgani. So I guess they are very similar.

I grew a Trainwreck Auto but I only remember her from when she budded out. The structure looks the same but I don't remember her being that leafy. That being said I'm learning not to be so heavy handed.

I realized it's been a while since I updated things here - time seems to be flying by this summer. Here's a comparison of the two CBD Lemon Potion autos.
LPa1 is 21 inches tall at 81 days, and LPa2 is 25 inches tall at 41 days. LPa2 might continue to grow a bit more for maybe a week. LPa1 stopped stretching at about day 50.

As you can see, the two plants are very different from one another - to a point where I started questioning if one of the seeds got mixed up by the breeder. However, both plants are quite fragrant and smell the same. If you remember earlier for LPa1 I was concerned/surprised that there were very few hairs/calyces visible - just frosty sugar leaves. Now, however, it is filling out better with many more hairs poking out. Almost to the point where the buds are foxtailing - at least I think that is what foxtailing is. LPa2 looks more normal - at least what I would expect buds to look like.
Lemon Potion 1:

Lemon Potion 2:

So, the breeder's website says this plant should be ready for harvest in 70 days from germination. It's currently at 81 days and it still seems to be pushing out white hairs, so I figured I better get a closer look at the trichomes. I see a good mixture of clear and cloudy (maybe 50/50?) and almost no amber yet so I'm guessing at least another week, maybe two.

Crazy the difference, you got more of those seeds. I'd be wanting to grow one more for comparison. What are your plans for the squirly one?
I've got one more seed. Will probably wait until next year to grow it. Even though the first one looks odd, I think it will still produce some quality meds. I'm guessing maybe get about 3/4 of an ounce out of it.
Are the stems on yours solid as rocks?
Yes, they are quite stiff, but I was able to spread some of the branches earlier on and I think it helped.

Are you spraying for thrips?
I'm assuming you are referring to the white speckling on one of the fan leaves. I haven't sprayed for anything (nor at any time last year). I examined the leaf at 50x and found absolutely nothing that would cause it. I know thrips are pretty small, but I should at least see something at 50x, right? Last year I have the same thing on a couple of the plants, but never could determine what caused it. :hmmmm:

So thrips - how small are they? Can you see them with the naked eye? @Liquidintel and I have been examining these plants very closely for critters and haven't seen anything much yet. Maybe a couple spider mites earlier in the grow, but that's it. Thanks for the tip on Castille soap! :thumb: I've already plucked a couple caterpillars off my girls -- blasted critters.

I never bother looking for actual insects as I figure I'm gonna get whatever is flying through the yard. I think that bite pattern is thrips, but whenever something starts eating my plants I spray them. Iso/water in veg and soap spray in flower. Something about even diluted alcohol and trichomes makes me nervous. I should test a bud and see if they melt.

I've read that neem oil is good for caterpillars and I've also read that it can be mixed into the soil and won't harm plants either.

I water the plants and then spray the top of the soil all around. I use it to control the FG's and alcohol too (in the frisbee).

Back
Top Bottom