BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

I've been released from trimming purgatory. :yahoo: White Widow harvest is finally complete. I restarted the harvesting activities on Tuesday and finally finished on Wednesday night. I personally spent about 15 hrs trimming, but also got help from my wife (about 8 hrs) and kids + friends (6 hrs).

I am now a true believer in the "no larf" philosophy and have convinced my son of the same. He previously thought I was over pruning and would be hurting yield so I stopped. This plant was so leafy and larfy! :oops: Oh well, learning opportunity - will do better next grow.

We were in a bit of a hot spell (near 100F for about 3 days) so I decided to dry the buds in my youngest sons recently vacated bedroom where the temp and humidity were near ideal.

In spite of all the tiny buds, there were many very nice, very large and dense buds throughout the plant.

We filled that try five times! We also utilized our bowl trimmer extensively. I only hand-trimmed the top colas. It probably saved me a good 8 hrs of trimming!

I hope you all have a great, relaxing weekend ahead. :Namaste:

So hard to know when to take down the baseball trophies...
Not hard for me! Everything is coming off the walls once this grow season is over. Giving that room a complete face-lift as soon as I can. :D

Ok, I made a quick video of the bowl trimmer in action. Here's the link:

And a little silicone spray will take care of that squeak in no time.
Dang! I knew you were going to call me out on that squeak. I almost went back into the video editor to remove the sound portion of the squeaks, but I figured "only Shed will notice". :laugh:
I wonder if it would work for the dry trim folks as well.
I've seen some models come with a dry trim screen, but mine did not.
Did it do anything to those cute little trichs you had on there?
I inspected the buds with my 50x loupe after the trim, and everything looked great. :cool:
How do you clean the apparatus?
It took a little bit of effort, not unreasonable. First I did a dry scrape with a plastic scraper - got some good "scissor hash" from that. Then soaked it in hot soapy water to get the big chunks of plant material off. Finally, iso alcohol/paper tower to remove the resin.

Dang! I knew you were going to call me out on that squeak. I almost went back into the video editor to remove the sound portion of the squeaks, but I figured "only Shed will notice". :laugh:

I noticed too, is it a bearing or a clearance issue? And in case I hadn't mentioned it, nice finish on those flowers!

#conformity

I noticed too, is it a bearing or a clearance issue?
It was just the plastic knob of the handle rotating against the metal shaft of the handle. A squirt of WD40 took care of it.
Beautiful harvest. I can’t believe how long that took, even with the help! Actually... I saw the plant, I do believe it!!
I'm anticipating maybe 18 - 20 oz from it. Northern Lights is a couple weeks away and looking to be very similar to WW.

Fantastic harvest Luiz and Co.! That’s a massive haul :thumb: and it looks great. What smells does it have going on?
Thanks Amy! It still has the fruity melon/mango scents, but more in the background now. Pine/juniper is probably more pronounced. I expect it to change somewhat after it cures.

I decided to clean up my WW remains today...

Getting that fiber pot off the rootball was a bit of work. Looks like the roots were trying to go deeper - probably would have dug their way into the bark and soil below if not for being elevated on the bricks.

Looks like I'll have plenty of roots for experimenting with oil this winter. I still need to take a sample in for testing. :nerd-with-glasses:
Oh, and lots of White Widow pipes in my future too!

Not hard for me! Everything is coming off the walls once this grow season is over. Giving that room a complete face-lift as soon as I can. :D

Ok, I made a quick video of the bowl trimmer in action. Here's the link:
Trimmer Demo
Where did you get the bowl trimmer ? :surf:

Where did you get the bowl trimmer ?
I was going to get it on Amazon for about $120, but my son found it on Ebay for $90.

I was going to get it on Amazon for about $120, but my son found it on Ebay for $90.
Thank You I will look them up for down the road

Nice rootball!

rootball.jpg

Back
Top Bottom