BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

Happy weekend everyone!
I'm doing some data housekeeping today. I realized I hadn't finalized my Lab Rat girls. Way back in January we had some bagseeds that we decided to soak because we were too anxious for the growing season too get here. We popped five seeds from a friend's Trainwreck buds, and also a single seed that was found to be on the previous season's Sour Diesel grow. All seeds sprouted which we were excited about since we had never grown from seed before.:yahoo:

Of the 5 trainwrecks, one was stunted from getting put in FFOF from the get-go and came out too hot -- leaves were crinkled and deformed - at least that's what my assumption was, but I could be wrong. Another came out the same way, but wasn't as bad. We tossed the worst one - the other recovered. I know most folks do not have any issue with sprouting seeds directly into FFOF, but I felt it affected my seedlings.

We ended up with 2 males and 2 females for TW and the SD was also a female. We kept one female TW and the SD, gave the other female TW to a friend and tossed the two males. We experimented with LST, topping at various times and places, and threw them outdoors on the first day of Spring -- they promptly went into flower 10 days later. They also eventually went to reveg and I was forced to do the daily schlepping of plants into and out-of the dark shed to get them back into flowering mode. The charts below actually did a pretty good job of identifying the reveg and flower modes as suddenly I observed new growth trends (especially Trainwreck) after being very stable for a while.

Sour Diesel #2:

The dried weight came out to be 117 grams of buds and 19 grams of trim. The smoke was very much like that of its mother and seemed just as potent. We were quite happy with the results of this plant - we learned some good stuff and as a bonus, we got a good yield of very smoke-able buds. :yummy:
Growth chart 13.jpg

Trainwreck:

This plant went in and out of veg a couple times and was actually back into reveg again when we decided to harvest it. In total, this TW vegged for 67 days (no counting reveg) and flowered for 135 days - 19 weeks! o_O
Growth chart 12.jpg

In spite of all the stuff we did to her and kept her in a small 3 gallon pot the entire grow, we actually got a really nice yield out of her - 143 grams of buds and 73 grams of trim. The smoke is surprisingly good and quite potent. It's a creeper high that takes you by surprise so we need to be cautious when smoking this one. :Rasta:
Is that a spread sheet or an app ? Crazy good I Love it :snowboating:

Is that a spread sheet or an app ? Crazy good I Love it :snowboating:
It's just an Excel spreadsheet. I keep all my notes of feedings, growth data and issues of each plant grown. I also use it for breeders strain info (THC/CBD %, indica vs sativa %, genetics, etc) for my plants as well as a wish list of plants I want to grow. It contains all my recipes and THC/CBD calculations as well as a list of all costs for the grow. :cool:

It's just an Excel spreadsheet. I keep all my notes of feedings, growth data and issues of each plant grown. I also use it for breeders strain info (THC/CBD %, indica vs sativa %, genetics, etc) for my plants as well as a wish list of plants I want to grow. It contains all my recipes and THC/CBD calculations as well as a list of all costs for the grow. :cool:
I wish I knew how to set up a spread sheet to do all that. Looks like you have a GREAT System. :thumb:

Excel is one of those programs with a lot of power but requires a spread sheet just to keep track of how to code the entries, tables etc. I never figured it out either and don't use spread sheets very often.

Before I retired, my company used Excel extensively. If I were interviewing someone for an engineering position they had to have Excel and PowerPoint skills among many other things. Otherwise it was a deal-breaker.

I just started a sheet with some column headers I wanted to keep track of and began entering data. Nothing special other than the fact that it totals the number of seeds in the fridge. I can email it to you if you're interested.
It Looks amazing I would Love to have something like that for when I start a Journal :thumb:

Was your seed sheet automated and gathered and entered manually?
Pretty much the same thing Shed did. I just add the seed info as I find it. Not much different than writing it in a notebook. Just easier to keep track of for me.

Are you talking about BL's charts or my seed spreadsheet?
Oh I am thinking about the chart sorry I only have two types of seeds right now so my stoner brain can keep track of two types if it gets much past that I cant promise anything Lol .

On Monday we got a measurable amount of rain - first rain since late May/early June. To be on the safe side, I put up a couple of my patio umbrellas to minimize the direct moisture the buds got. Seems to have worked pretty well.
It's been a busy summer for me and now with only the two photo period girls left I haven't really looked that closely at the ripeness of the buds until a couple days ago. To my surprise, White Widow is pretty close to ready.

Oh, and it's now caterpillar season :rolleyes:

I thought WW would be closer to being ready at the end of the month. I'm still a little uncertain, but probably ready sooner than later. Lots of brown hairs, but still lots of white hairs. Lots of amber, but also lots of clear. Go figure. I expect a good amount of amber since it's outdoor so I'm concentrating more on cloudy vs clear instead of the amber.
Photo dump alert! :D

Here's some trichome shots. Sorry about the poor quality, but I was in a hurry. Will get some better pics in a few days.

This is our tiny harvest it is a autoflower. Does it look like we took it at the right time ? This is all new to me so this is the first time I have harvested I hope I took them at the right time..... :goof: Now for the Low and Slow method Paper bags and into the fridge it will go in a couple hours .Thanks for any help :peace:

Attachments

• 20190920_140139.jpg
    20190920_140139.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190920_140114.jpg
    20190920_140114.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 50
  • 20190920_140101.jpg
    20190920_140101.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20190920_134718.jpg
    20190920_134718.jpg