BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

Age is taking capsules which is a smaller dose than eating brownies!
Very true! If I put that oil into a batch of brownies instead of capsules, my brownies would end up having about 55 mg per serving assuming you make an 8x8 pan and cut it into 2 inch squares per serving.

You can make butter with them straight off the plant if you allow extra time during decarb for them to dry out. Evaporation is a cooling process so it will take them longer to get to decarb temps. We only need to cure weed for smoking.
Hay so I may have some butter or Oil soon, Yip E if I have enough to do both that would be Great I really want to try your recipe for making oil with the MBM and try some caps . 160 for 8 hrs. then cool then another 8 hrs. at 160 then cool in fridge then into the caps. Any good ideas on how to get the oil in the caps without making a mess I have a couple squirt bottles with a small end I hope they will work but getting them back together will be tricky I think, Don't know I have never done it before

Yes! And there is finally a movie I have seen. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Make bacon. You can't eat scented candles!

Age is taking capsules which is a smaller dose than eating brownies!

2 cups butter and 2 ounces weed at 15% THC would give you ~14mg/ml THC. A ½ cup brownie recipe would be 118ml of butter x 14.21, or 1681mg total THC, divided by the number of brownies. A 1 cup recipe would be twice that. Cut 'em up small!

Is that number with a perfect extraction?

160 for 8 hrs. then cool then another 8 hrs. at 160 then cool in fridge then into the caps.
Add 1 Tbs liquid sunflower lecithin (I get Now brand from amazon or any health food store) per cup and stir while the oil is hot, then refrigerate over night.
Any good ideas on how to get the oil in the caps without making a mess
$7.00 from amazon:
BSTEAN 10ml Syringes 14Ga 1.5 Inch Blunt Tip Needle Storage Caps - Glue Applicator, Oil Dispensing (Pack of 5)

I made my own tray from a 1x4 and a drill, but you can get them off amazon as well.

Is that number with a perfect extraction?
80% efficiency. I use 80-85% for mine, but if you're running QWET you can probably consider that 95-100% efficiency.

idk, I make my oil and some goes into gel caps and some into brownies. Same extraction process, different end use. 3 gel caps get me pretty high but different than eating brownies. If i eat brownies, I'm not going anywhere for a while, minimum 2-3 hours.

EDIT: I make a double batch of brownies using 1/2 or 2/3 cup oil depending on recipe. Always cut into 18 brownies and I always eat the last one in the pan. The one in the middle, its for quality control!

Hi Everyone,
Sorry about my lack of presence lately. My son and his wife just bought their first home and I've been there pretty much every day helping to get the place "move in ready". :yahoo: Just 8 months ago, we were a household of 6 adults, now in just a couple more weeks my wife and I will be "empty nesters". I'm sure it'll feel weird, but I'll adjust. ;)

I put together a short summary of this year's grow:
Summary Table.jpg

Summary Table 02.jpg

As was the case last year, this year's harvests yielded more than I can possibly use, so much of it will be given away or will soon go into long term storage. Some notes of interest: A) The two photoperiod plants stretched approx 25% during flower which is very similar to the five plants I grew last year. B) The amount of trim I got from my last 3 harvests were considerably higher as I began utilizing my bowl trimmer. This means it probably trimmed a little too closely, but the quality of my trim is really good. I use it all anyway - mostly for oils but also for making joints. C) The two Lab Rats that I almost tossed early on, ended up yielding some excellent bud and some of our favorite smoke. Considering the small pots that we kept them in, they yielded better (per gallon) than my two largest plants in the 20 gallon pots. D) The autos probably don't need to be in such large containers. Probably will grow future autos in 5 gallon pots. :Namaste:

Thanks for the write-up and charts BL! I'm thinking 5 gallons for autos as well, especially since it's a rare auto of mine that ends up root-bound. And even though your ounces/gallon weren't as good on the summer grow as the lab rats, I wouldn't scale back the pots for those trees next year!
I'll adjust
Until harvest time, and then you will be hosting everyone for the weekend!

Hi Everyone,
Sorry about my lack of presence lately. My son and his wife just bought their first home and I've been there pretty much every day helping to get the place "move in ready". :yahoo: Just 8 months ago, we were a household of 6 adults, now in just a couple more weeks my wife and I will be "empty nesters". I'm sure it'll feel weird, but I'll adjust. ;)

I put together a short summary of this year's grow:
Summary Table.jpg

Summary Table 02.jpg

As was the case last year, this year's harvests yielded more than I can possibly use, so much of it will be given away or will soon go into long term storage. Some notes of interest: A) The two photoperiod plants stretched approx 25% during flower which is very similar to the five plants I grew last year. B) The amount of trim I got from my last 3 harvests were considerably higher as I began utilizing my bowl trimmer. This means it probably trimmed a little too closely, but the quality of my trim is really good. I use it all anyway - mostly for oils but also for making joints. C) The two Lab Rats that I almost tossed early on, ended up yielding some excellent bud and some of our favorite smoke. Considering the small pots that we kept them in, they yielded better (per gallon) than my two largest plants in the 20 gallon pots. D) The autos probably don't need to be in such large containers. Probably will grow future autos in 5 gallon pots. :Namaste:
Informative summary of a super grow. Kudos y congrats!

Grow on!

I'm thinking 5 gallons for autos as well, especially since it's a rare auto of mine that ends up root-bound.
Indeed. My autos did not fill the 7 gallon pots, so I think I will be fine with 5 gal. My two photoperiods that were in the 20 gallon pots filled them to almost root-bound status. Even had some roots coming through the bottoms. Last year I kept one of my photoperiod girls in a 10 gallon pot. I was by far the smallest of the 5.
Until harvest time, and then you will be hosting everyone for the weekend!
Yes indeed - I'll need to offer a home cooked meal as well.
Informative summary of a super grow. Kudos y congrats!
Thanks a bunch, andihalped! I appreciate the kinds words and support. :circle-of-love:
What up Beez?
Heya Age! I thought I'd be relaxing a bit and catching up on everyone's journals by now, but it got real busy for me the past few weeks with life stuff... But all is good here. Better busy, than bored. :cool:

:bravo: Another beauty Luiz! Thanks for the journey.

It’s always a pleasure to visit your garden :popcorn: :yummy:

Thank you Amy! I'm looking forward to spending my winter sabbatical enjoying your summer grow. :circle-of-love:

During my grow summary, I forgot to include my costs for this grow and how it compares to last season's. Start-up costs were considerably less this year, being my 2nd grow season, but I did incur some additional (one-time) costs such as my bowl-trimmer and another hygrometer.

I spent a total of $532 on this season's grow supplies: Seeds, soil, nutrients, boveda packs, mykos, more fiber pots and chlorine filter for my garden hose. I yielded a total of 62 oz of cured buds, so the cost per oz came out to $8.58. If I include the popcorn/trim yield of another 13.8 oz, the cost per oz lowers to $7.02.

Great wrap up! Super informative, as always.

I don't think there's a more spartan grower on this board than me (I got no: hygrometers, bovedas, pots, retail nutes (other than bone meal & manure), loupe, etc). I don't grow leviathans, either, partially due to ltd. sun, my inclinations, and, probably technique.

Like you, I do track costs & this my outdoor grow this year clocked in at $4.01/oz, including estimated water consumption. Free seeds helped (thanks Vault & Cannabeizein!!).

Not trying to engage in onedownsmanship, just reporting.:lot-o-toke:

Looking fwd to yr next yrs' grow journal, amigo...might as well use all of yr newly available space as storage locker for boatloads of weed :p

Grow on!

Back
Top Bottom