Beginner Grow - 5x6 Room - 1000Watt MH/HPS - PK Maui Waui Blackwater

Looking good. Extension cord works sweet....
Thanks!
Right now I have 14 gauge romex wire hooked up until I scrounge up an old cord. The 14 is overkill for sure and way too stiff. But it is working for now.

Looks like calcium deficiency or chemical burn to me. If it's mostly on the newer growth I'd assume calcium deficiency...this would be my guess

Seems likely. I have been feeding the girls in the coco more cal mag. I will maybe up the Cal mag dose in the next watering of the Purple Kush in the soil pictured above and see how it turns out. Thanks for the input.

Hey 1stgrow. Calcium deficiency would be my guess as well. I'm not experienced in soil, and don't know what pH you're putting in, but edging it up slightly higher might be an idea. If I had this issue in coco, I'd probably edge up to around 6.2 to see if it helped, whereas I'm normally at 5.8-6.0.

Is it only happening with a single strain?
Correct. It is happening on the only PK, which is the only one in soil. I will add some CalMag Plus in the next watering for sure. Most likely tomorrow or Sunday. Thanks again for the input.

Hey 1stgrow. Calcium deficiency would be my guess as well. I'm not experienced in soil, and don't know what pH you're putting in, but edging it up slightly higher might be an idea. If I had this issue in coco, I'd probably edge up to around 6.2 to see if it helped, whereas I'm normally at 5.8-6.0.

Thanks for the input. I was running it at 6.5 or so going in, haven't checked the runoff. The girls in the coco seem mostly healthy. They were getting Cal Mag Plus in every feeding though.

With the different ages and strains of the plants I am actually surprised they are all doing as well as they are haha. Was just hoping to solve the issue on the soil plant because I feel that may end up being the best one.

Ya, I think I bought 4 or 5 20' extension cords the last time I was in the big box store. Works a champ. Cut a foot off female end, wire to light. Wire other end to the driver, done. Just have to be careful to never plug that into a 110 outlet.

Few pics. For the most part the plants seem okay.

I have only watered the PK plant once since noticing the possible Cal/Mag issue and it seems to not be any worse and new growth looks fine so far. One or two of the other plants showed a slight sign of the same issue but seem okay now.

There is one really small little runt that just seems to be barely hanging on and I honestly haven't worried too much about it. Whatever happens to that lil girl then so be it. It is going to be so far behind the others when I want to flip (next week) that it is prob a lost cause anyway. We will see.

Back
Top Bottom