Beginner...help!

4miss2jane0

Okay so heres my situation. I have three little plants ( I mean little. 2in tall.) that were given to me. They were planted in soil in a container about a foot long 8 in deep. I dont think that that soil is anything too special, and I know that they will need to be transplanted sometime before they get too big. And that is absolutely it for my knowledge. I have read some of the posts about growing, but since I didn't start them, Im a little lost. I dont know when or how they were planted. I have had them for about 3 weeks and there about the same size. They sit outside in the sunlight and I just water them and look after them because my friend didn't have time. I dont know how long it takes for them to grow, or when to transplant. Another problem is that It has only been around 75 here and its almost august. Will plants this small be able to survive outside? If you have any reccomendations for salvaging theese babies, then please do tell!!! Or maybe they are fine and im just naive. lol. IDK. But where do I go from here?

There's a link below to a great place to start. Look for info on watering to start with. If they aren't growing they may be too wet, or still suffering from transplant shock as the result of root damage. Moisture is really all you need to worry about at first, as long as they have plenty of natural sunlight.

The 75 degree temp is fine. As the plants grow they'll become more hardy and when the temps fall closer to freezing (if they do?) it will be close to or past harvest time.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

While their young and still in veg they need a good supply of nitrogen to support growth. Go to your local garden supply store and pick up some nutrients high in N for veg. Feed nutes at 1/4 stregnth every other watering to start out, then increase dose as needed when they become bigger. If your going to have these plants for the rest of their life cycle you should also get some flowering nutes high in P. If your plants are still they same size after three weeks odds are they are root bound and so they will not grow. you should transplant into 5gal pots(my preference). 75 degrees is perfect.

Yea. Its one of those rectangular flower boxes for windows and stuff. I know I will need to transplant them, but don't know when. I was thinking about the end of this week. I mean they are only 2in tall. I was reading the FAQ's and it said that it might not be best to go straight to a 5gal pot, but not to wait til its too big, so i wanted to move them to their own medium sized pots, with better soil and nutes. Will this help?

get them out now befor they grow together i would put them in 1 gal for a while tell they are almost root bound then 3 or 5 gal and if gonna flower indoor that should be prety good size :smokin:

Yea, I decided to do everything inside now because weather has been shitty
:( They have been doing a lot better. One of them died for some reason. oh well. Ill be happy with just one. The other two are doing much better. Since ive transplanted them they have grown about 1.5 in, and theyve gotten new leaves. One of them looks a lot healthier for some reason though. well i just have to wait and c wut happens I guess.

Back
Top Bottom