Beginner Needing Help! :)

nimaorange

Hey well decided to give it a go. Do a few plants or so just for some medicinal smoke. I have been planning this for a while and for me a box/tent would be ideal. for my first time I shall be constructing my own box made of wood. My friend is going to supply me with one 400w HID and I have heard these get very warm so i may be making my own cooltube ( Just ducting through the light, to take hot air out... Do i need to do anything else with this? ). Also half of my soil will be using the usual soil mixes with the normal fertz but the other half will be organic. I was just wonderinh how many would go be fine under a 400w and would i have to get a reflector? I will be installing mylar in the box for good reflectivity. how far would my 400 w lights have to be from the plant? I might be using just cheap CFL's for seedlings and is it right to keep CFL 1 inch away and HID 1.5 foot away? When is the exact time i should change them to HID? From start I am going to be using an 18/6 cycle and veg it for as long as i can then gradually lessen the light to 17 to 15 and then 12/12. I will make my soil mix 1.5 weeks prior to using and before using i know to make it slightly moist but how moist? And can anyone reccomend me a nice and easy soil mix which prevents mould and all the other nasties.... With watering i shal be using tap water but i will leave the tap water out for a few days to lower the PH. How much should you exactly water from the start to the end? The intake at the bottom does a fan+ducting need to be there because i have seen just fans used here. Iv got a little plan below how i will be constructing my box but how would i get "Fresh-air" in from? Will using an exhaust and an intake fan be enough for plants to breathe or do i need to bring in extra air from outside? Or if i cant vent air from outside will I need to use co2 and how much co2? I was thinking about getting a tank of co2 but I dont know how much co2 to use and when. What extra precautions should i take for this not to be a fail? things like temp , humidity etc....... Thanks!
c6MuCC4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom