Beginners Guide to Hydroponics

I'll be starting my own hydro grow soon..so,Im just reading as much as i can now...like i did with my first soil grow have six under my belt now...i love this pasttime...lol

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!:rollit:

I'm starting my first (40) gal. Ebb & Flow soon. Before I add FloraNova to my res. may I add hard water treatment first? How do I treat the water. and boy...I bet chemicals co$t plenty of $$$ I also think dirt is more forgiving.

regarding "pure water" I have a water purification system installed in my house with a separate faucet in the kitchen for drinking water, would this water be Ok?

Thank you for the information I was looking for it everywhere. We're using an aeroponics machine, so gonna try some of the nutrients to see if we can cut down on rooting time. Blessed be.:cheer:

Great post. I have long bought the ed rosenthal book back in hs but never had the money to start harvesting. Now I have a little cash and a decent size closet So I am thinking of either starting a soil grow or the bubble ponics, not completely sure yet. I think once i am ready to go further with either i will keep a journal take pics and ask for recommendations before spending money.

Is it crucial to keep track of PH levels?
A PH meter is expensive here (Costa Rica) and I guess I can do fine if I change the reservoir water once every 10 days?
Am I wrong?

I don't grow Hydro, but what I do know is that sometimes incorrect PH levels will cause "brown Algae" which will ruin your plants. At the very least you can use litmus paper to get a rough idea of the PH......Good luck

I need help fast. My plants are 5 weeks flowering in an ebb and gro with a 400watt hps. I found out that I had too much nitrogen and the bud leaves started to curl up. I instantly changed my reservoir to straight ph adjusted water and have been doing this for about 4 or 5 days and I have seen any improvements yet. Can anyone please help me ???? How can I fix this or how long will it take to clear up???? Pics attached...

clawlike_003.jpg

clawlike_001.jpg

clawlike_002.jpg

My question involves feeding/watering schedules.
I have a home made ebb and flow (flood and drain) system that I have on a six hour schedule (every six hours the tray floods then drains) for fifteen minutes. I just read in the High Times Master Growers Guide that it should be two daily watering of one to two minutes apiece.
Any suggestions?

I don't grow Hydro, but what I do know is that sometimes incorrect PH levels will cause "brown Algae" which will ruin your plants. At the very least you can use litmus paper to get a rough idea of the PH......Good luck

Thanks for the advice bro, I ordered a ph meter and received it a week ago, girls are doing much better now.

I have seen references to "EC" and I cannot find a definition for those letters. Enlightenment, please?

EC stands for Electrical Conductivity.I although have not figured it out, I do know there are meters that can measure it, I'm n ot sure how it actually works in regards to a plants heat. I'll "Google" it tonight let you know if you find out the skinny PM me.
Happy Growing Bra'

Back
Top Bottom