Beginning of the End: US Att. Gen. Says Ending DEA Raids 'Now American Policy' w/vid

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
(WASHINGTON D.C.) - Speaking at a press conference on Feb. 25 with DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters that ending federal medical marijuana raids "is now American policy."

Don Duncan, California Director of Americans for Safe Access, says the Attorney General’s comments are the latest sign of a sea change in federal policy prompted by a groundswell of grassroots pressure by Americans for Safe Access (ASA) and our allies.

"They came as a response to Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) raids carried out by Bush Administration holdovers in California in January and February," Duncan said.

President Obama indicated he would end the DEA raids during his presidential campaign, a position reiterated by the White House following DEA raids in raids which took placeon February 4.

In response to a question last night about DEA raids at medical marijuana facilities in California, Holder said, "What the President said during the campaign...is consistent with what we will be doing here in law enforcement. He was my boss in the campaign....He is my boss now. What he said in the campaign is now American policy."

Medical marijuana patients and advocates, who have mounted a massive grassroots campaign to influence the new Administration’s policy, cheered the Attorney General’s comments.

72 million Americans live in states where medical cannabis is legal, but federal law prohibits its use under any circumstances.

More than 100 Americans are currently facing prosecution, sentencing, or serving time in prison for medical cannabis offense right now.

ASA is working closely with a number of groups to ensure that the emerging change in federal policy signals an end to prosecutions and brings those already serving time for medical cannabis offenses home to their families.

ASA has provided recommendations for a new national medical cannabis policy to President Obama and the 111th Congress earlier this year. We are working overtime now to be sure those recommendations are heard in this new era of compassionate federal policy.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: ASA
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com
Website: Beginning of the End: US Attorney General Says Ending DEA Raids 'Now American Policy' - Salem-News.Com

Re: Beginning of the End: US Att. Gen. Says Ending DEA Raids 'Now American Policy' w

No.

My take on it is, the DEA "has still not got the message."

Meaning, as of now, raids will continue.

Eric's words are very vague. Nothing is solidly in place to stop DEA raids. They will continue.

"The latest sign of a sea change" is bv||sh|t.

-sds

Re: Beginning of the End: US Att. Gen. Says Ending DEA Raids 'Now American Policy' w

While we're on the subject...

News: Hundreds arrested in U.S. probe of Mexican drug cartel.

U.S. Atty. Gen. Eric H. Holder Jr., in his first news conference since taking over as the nation's top law enforcement officer yaps it up.

A 21-month investigation and god only knows how many millions went into this, resulting in the seizure of:

- more than $59 million in illegal drug proceeds
- large amounts of narcotics,
- including more than 24,000 pounds of cocaine,
- 1,200 pounds of methamphetamine
- 1.3 million ecstasy pills.

So, what is that, a 2-day supply?

750 people were arrested. So........... 750,000 people take their place?

So, all of this...... with more countless millions of dollars blown..... at the expense of budget cuts for the Department of Economic Security (DES) that affected and impacted thousands of people with disabilities (see Yahoo! News Videos or KTVK 3TV Phoenix).

That's just great. Good goin' you morons.

Now they're goin' after the "Sinaloa" cartel? And, how many members are there of the Sinaloa cartel? They leave that little detail out. A million? 5 million? 50 million? I'd presume the Sinaloa cartel is world wide, not just deeply embedded within the ranks of the over 1,000,000 gang members inside the USA. When is the stupid DEA and U.S. Atty. Gen. Eric H. Holder Jr., gonna stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes?

Now let's do a little comparison. For the next 21-months let's go after the real dangerous drugs in 3 nations who will comply: Mexico, USA and Canada. Target: alcohol, tobacco and pharmaceuticals.

How many 100s of MILLIONS of gallons of alcohol? How many 1000s of TONS of tobacco? How many 1000s of TONS of pharmaceuticals drugs?... will our "sting operation" using "confidential informants" confiscate?

Each year these 3 toxic substances kill over 700,000 Americans. What's that little darling U.S. Atty. Gen. Eric H. Holder Jr., and his "boss" Obama doing about this?

Think it over.

-sds

Los Angeles Times Video

like it says: Beginning of the End
Let me put it this way...

The end only comes when it is the end, not when it is the beginning of the end.

The beginning of the end can last centuries at this pace and at this rate.

It's not the beginning of anything other than more idiot politicians jerkin' it for as long as they can get their gov-issued employment checks.

The day they no longer get their checks is the only "end" acceptable.

Listen to this horse cr@p...

On Wednesday, Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee, said the recent surge in drug-related violence on the Southwest border "has turned some American communities and neighborhoods into the Wild West."

No, Lamar, the recent surge in drug-related violence has not turned some American communities and neighborhoods into the Wild West," you idiot, you moron, you paramecium, you pond scum. Current US drug policy has turned some American communities and neighborhoods into the Wild West. Get it through your thick, worthless head!

"The dimensions of what we are breaking up today had nationwide implications here" in the United States, Holder said.

"Had nationwide implications"? For how long, 2 hours? Well, that's great. Problem is there are 8760 hours in a year. Learn math, jackass.

Special Agent Michele Leonhart, acting administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration, said the crackdown had denied at least $1 billion in drug revenue for the Sinaloa cartel.

Ah, another math wonder child! Seeings that the narco gangs' revenue is a TRILLION dollar a year income revenue...... let's see, $1 billion......... wow - that's probably their Dairy Queen budget for at least a week! You go girl!

smokeD

Can none of these assholes use simple, clear words? Must they always sound like they're quoting Orwell?

How would it be if I spoke like this at my job?

Boss: "Are you gonna finish that project this week, Darkrail?"

Darkrail: "You'll find my forthcoming actions, surprisingly, to be consistent with the vague platitudes I forecast at some unspecified time in the past."

FIRED!

...Still, I'm happy to see things maybe moving in a good direction. I guess the only way we can really see what he meant is by watching how many raids there are in the coming months.

Funny, darkrail.

Also....................... a tidbit of 'reality.'

The DEA and, consequently, all their subsequent actions (wait, I'm sounding like one of them! bleh!) is entirely altogether 100 percent an illegal organization slammed together totally against what the US Con. / BofRights allows "congress" to do.

Therefore, this "bust" is completely illegal and Americans just sustained another blow to their freedom of rights. Notwithstanding, let's look at the numbers.....

First, that the Sinaloa faction is even operating inside the US let alone right here in California, represents the extreme gross negligence of the US government's useless prohibition drug policy greatly endangering the lives of over 300,000,000 Americans. Not to mention these toxic, illegal, anti-Constitutional policies are directly responsible for killing more than 5,000 people in Mexico last year.

16,000 lbs of marijuana.
Ah....... wonderful medical marijuana. God's GIFT to mankind. Need I say more?

It is clear who the real "criminals" are in this picture.

"International drug-trafficking organizations pose a sustained, serious threat. They are national security threats," Holder said. "They are lucrative, they are violent and they are operated with stunning planning and precision."

Holder, you got your head up your azz. The only "national security threat" is the current, toxic US drug prohibition policy. Eliminate that by replacing it with regulation and control and you eliminate violent gangs and cartels who have been functioning since the early 1900s, first with prohibition alcohol, next with drugs, you stupid jerk.

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and MAKES a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln (1809-65), U.S. President. Speech, 18 Dec. 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives

"The bad news is that it shows that the cartels are everywhere, they are dangerous, and they are trafficking in everything," he said.

They sure are, moron. Thanks entirely to current drug probation policy.

"The good news is that it shows that there are now cooperative, cross-border efforts to fight them. The cartels know no borders in what they do, and it is important that we know no borders in order to defeat them."

smokeD

We have to keep the fight up. Don't worry about what they do. We can't control their thinking. It's good to see that it is an item of discussion. Here in NorCal, there is a news story almost daily on MJ. Positive and negative.

This is all good news. Finally we will get our chance to actually study medical marijuana, and its long and short term effect. There is so much we don't know about this plant on a scientific level.

Remember, many states are decriminalizing it, and that is also a good thing. Keep up the good work folks. :cheer:

Legalizing it will surely put a huge financial dent in gang drug revenue from the united states customers.

with this new development, I hope HEMP will be legalized by defualt, this needs to be right along the front line of mmj, we really need hemp for our economy NOW! Legalize hemp and we'll see a new economy.

This move by Obama's team should reasonably be followed by the Fed's declassification of Cannabis, otherwise it's all just BS and hypocrisy.

This move by Obama's team should reasonably be followed by the Fed's declassification of Cannabis, otherwise it's all just BS and hypocrisy.
"Reasonably"?

FreakNature, since when have they ever been reasonable?

Oh right, I know what you're saying, but in the eyes of the citizens of the USA and in the eyes of the world, how long do these law enforcement bureaucrats want to appear as fools? Now with support from President Obama, it's time to save some face, and get reasonable.

Oh right, I know what you're saying, but in the eyes of the citizens of the USA and in the eyes of the world, how long do these law enforcement bureaucrats want to appear as fools? Now with support from President Obama, it's time to save some face, and get reasonable.
OK, ok.... I know what you're you're saying, but... their "appearing as fools" is something they don't care about.

We still have a full over 70 year trend and track record that is 100% consistent.

We now have some forward-looking words at best, with absolutely zero track record to back those words up.

Two things must happen before you get too happy.

1. The wording is tricky. "The DEA is not raiding," and, "the DEA is not raiding UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE," are two very different things.

Example is Luke Scarmazzo. He was in "full compliance" with State law, yet the DEA CLAIMED he was this and that... ending in the DEA raiding his dispensary. Technically, this can still happen, as I see it.

I do not trust this corrupted government as far as I can throw it.

2. Time has to pass now... we have to see if the DEA really does STOP. If they have GOT THE MESSAGE or if they have NOT. Or, if they simply switch into selective raiding tactics relabeling it something else... oh, maybe something like, "upholding Federal law," or some other tricky stuff.

"After our multi-month investigation we concluded that this dispensary (or, that collective) was in violation of state and federal laws. Therefore, while we did not 'raid,' we just went in and arrested everyone."

See?

Only AFTER the DEA passes the "stress test" of items 1 & 2 above would I say, "the DEA is no longer raiding dispensaries."

Look at the words:

"The devil is in the details." Marijuana dispensaries operating outside state and local law's bounds remain subject to prosecution.

Be very very careful with this new bv||sh|t, guys. This current government is and has been very hostile toward drug users since the early 1900s. They are NOT "in one day" gonna become sweet angel cuddle buddies.

They might become "fvck buddies," but... guess who's gonna get fvcked. If you said, "drug users," you're right on the money.

-sds

Here is what I need to hear from either Obama or from Holder:

"I have completely decommissioned the DEA, I have completely stripped the DEA of all authority to intervene in any capacity when it comes to medical marijuana dispensaries, medical marijuana co-ops, medical marijuana collectives, etc., even if the DEA thinks it has evidence of ANY crimes being committed at these localities. Medical marijuana establishments are no longer within the jurisdiction of the DEA and they are no longer within the functionality of the DEA and they are no longer within the capacity of the DEA or any other federal or state drug agencies or drug agents when it comes to intervening in any regards whatsoever in relation to buildings described as 'Medical marijuana establishments.'"

Let me ask you, guys................ have either of these two jerks said that statement?

:woohoo:I don't know about anyone else, but I'm happy as hell!

Back
Top Bottom