Berry Bomb Clone Grow

BT does hempy grows, maybe thats the reason?

@InTheShed sent me here because I am doing Hempy and wanted to start MegaCrop nutes. I'm really thinking about going a bit bigger too. I'm using 1.5gl dollar store waist basket.

I grow using Hempy Bucket system.
Getting that figured out.
I just wanted to see how MegaCrop is working. Just started it with a @SeedsMan sponsored grow.
But bigger plants? I'll have to ditch the 1.5gl size and do maybe 5gl buckets. My tent has 6.5 square foot footprint.

Are you wanting to grow biiger plants indoor?

LOL - who isn’t? :p

The problem with the wastebasket isn’t the size per se, but the limited reservoir. This one is only 2 weeks since first pistils, and already demanding water every day and a half.

I’m seriously considering pulling her out of the wastebasket and dropping her into a 5 gallon bucket of perlite - not for more root room, but for the gallon reservoir I would get with a 3” high hole.

67938BA5-FA51-4490-A3A7-76BCD307714C.jpeg

065D9369-D55E-49FE-909F-76DA511C01D3.jpeg

Yeah, my timing sucks. I should have anticipated this. I probably could have seen some extra growth, including roots into the new perlite, if I had potted up a couple of weeks before the flip.
Ah well..

When is the best time to up pot. The ones I want to do have at least three weeks of veg before the flower tent is open.

Three weeks would probably be perfect!

Was sent here.
:popcorn:
Planning on MegaCrop and calmag plus iny Hempy grow
Welcome, Yes I use Hempy with 100% Perlite. I have been using a Dyna-Gro nutrient mix and decided to do a comparison grow since I had two viable clones from Agemon. So I'm using MegaCrop on one and my DynaGro mix on the other. Adjusting the levels so they match closely. I'm also doing a comparison grow of the two product lines with my newest grow Super Lemon Haze: Take 3.

Currently the BB clones have been flipped about a week ago after being topped and LST'd. The BB that is on the DyanGro is much larger than the one on MegaCrop. I will reserve judgement until harvest and drying is finished.

On the subject of the 1.5 gal Dollar Tree buckets I started using them and switched up to 2gallon Lowes Buckets. As FelipeBlu stated the reservoir just isn't big enough. With the 2gal bucket I currently have to water these girls about 2 liters every other day with a reasonable runoff. I do feel the limit on yield with a wastebasket is typically smaller than than in the 2gallon. However, I can fit more of them in the tent. In the end tent size seems to be a primary limiting factor on size.

Thanks for the info. I did drill my hole in the 1.5 gl bucket at just over 2.5 inches. I'm looking at a bit over 20% rez size. Looked at some 3 gallon buckets. Then looked at my tent. I'll get it all dialed in. But in the meantime I will be watering every other day. I started off with 4.1 grams per gallon of the MegaCrop. Looking good so far. With 2ml of calmag plus as I use LED's

Watering Day - I went through and trimmed several lower bottom branches. Even though they would produce I have learned through experience which are the weakest. Might as well push the nutrients on upward to where they will do the best in packing buds. I will post some pictures on Sunday evening hopefully.

I've been doing that with some my plants too. I think as I get better at spotting those 'suckers' I'll be able to clip'em before they take too much from the rest of the plant. In the short term however I've got some nice samples drying in the fridge. Tasted the Ultra Lemon Haze Auto yesterday, no cure and she's amazing! Energetic high, still focussed, not to spacey! Good Stuff!!!!!

It's been 20 days since the flip on May the 8th. Last pictures are from then also. I'm guessing I should perhaps upload some new current pictures. Lots have changed as the two Berry Bombs wrap up their stretch period. It does appear they have stopped stretching and are now beginning to build buds with very beautiful crowns.

I was gone for the last week and will say that some changes came into play while I was away. One primary change was the MegaCrop BB was lagging behind in growth and stretch. It appears to have caught up.

Here are some solo picture of the girls.

Interesting observation. Before I left, @FelipeBlu and I were having a conversation regarding pH of the runoff and a conclusion was made to reduce the input pH to a lower value to lower the runoff pH. I had started that idea before I left and made an adjustment in the water I left for my friend to water with while I was gone.

Both the SLH and the BB's have been getting a comparison grow of DynaGro vs MegaCrop with the pH lowered to under 5.5 going in. There was a remarkable growth spurt with the SLH and a catching up of the MegaCrop BB. Wonder if it had anything to do with a healthier nutrient intake.

Back
Top Bottom