Berry Bomb Clone Grow

BTzGrow

I came away from our San Diego 420 forum growers gather with a couple of very nice clones. Gifted by @Agemon they were beautiful and made all other clones I've seen look substandard to say the least.

Here's a picture of one in it's original container and the other up-potted into the 2gal hempy bucket.
You can imagine the reaction when the 6 plants like these two arrived at the party

A little genetic history and description of Berry Bomb per my searches on the web:
Berry Bomb is a special cross of a hand selected Blueberry mother with the all powerful Bomb #1 father. The result is outstanding; think Blueberry, but bigger yields, more THC and we think a better taste.

The influence of our Bomb #1 strain gives Berry Bomb explosive growth while making the strain much easier to grow (both indoors and out) and easier to trim than the original. This strain produces a fat dominant single kola with large inter-nodal distances and the characteristic explosive bomb upward growth. This is an excellent choice for SCROG. Indoors the plant will stay of medium height but outdoors this beauty can get huge.

Like most purple/blue strains, Berry Bomb will turn blue under correct conditions (i.e. cooler, lower temperatures at night). It is considered to have good mold resistance. At harvest, buds are super frosty with a sweet berry perfume and taste. Delivering a classic indica high with some sativa qualities thanks to the Blueberry mother it won't lay you out for the count.

Grow Plan:
Transplanted from their original soil into 2gal Hempy Buckets. Some soil was left behind to reduce damage to the copious roots that had already made their way to the bottom.

Nutrient Plan: I'm going to do a comparison grow with nutrients. Since these are a matching pair they should be fairly perfect to compare two different Nutrient products.

To start the dosing looks like this:
Dyna-Gro - Protekt - 11ml, Grow - 3ml, Botanicare CalMag 12ml
N=139, P=40, K=139, Cal=127, Mag=45
This is my tried and true formula that has worked well over the last few grows.

Mega-Crop - Protekt - 5ml, MegaCrop - 2.5mg, - Botanicare Cal Mag - 10ml
N=111, P=40, K=156, Cal=125, Mag=48
I'm using a similar MC formula that has been working well for @DrDoob. It seems to be working very well for him so going for it.

My most recent grow has had issues nutritionally and not sure what is going on. I switched from Tap water to RO. Not sure what is going on, but will monitor this grow from the beginning and see if I can stay ahead of it. Certainly doesn't make sense.

The plants will be spend their initial Veg Cycle in the smaller veg tent until the flowering tent becomes available. My intent is to continue the veg cycle for at least 4 weeks. Lighting for Veg Cycle will be 18/6.

LST plans: I'm going to wait a few days before starting any LST. I want to let the roots get happy in the Hempy Reservoir.
At that point I intend to top above 7th node. I also plan to tie down all of the primary branches below that point and pull them out to the sides of the bucket.

A buddy of mine moved to the mountains and his new tap water is like mountain spring water. I guess it’s missing a lot of minerals that regular tap water has. He had to go from one to two tsp of calmag to compensate. I bet if you upped your calmag a bit you’d be right back where you were.

:passitleft:

Did you make clones from the tops? Apical Clones!!!!!!!!!!!!
I considered it, then also considered how much space I have for growing. I would really like to reduce the number of plants I try to squeeze into a grow and see if I can increase or at least keep the yield with less plants.

Unfortunately they didn't make it to the clone box which was already full also with seedlings in 2 gallon buckets. Next time with better planning. Or I will add another tent to my collection. Looking at a 3x3 or a 2x4 from Gorilla Grow Tents.

I considered it, then also considered how much space I have for growing. I would really like to reduce the number of plants I try to squeeze into a grow and see if I can increase or at least keep the yield with less plants.

Unfortunately they didn't make it to the clone box which was already full also with seedlings in 2 gallon buckets. Next time with better planning. Or I will add another tent to my collection. Looking at a 3x3 or a 2x4 from Gorilla Grow Tents.

Amen on the first part. I'm currently happy with my growing spaces. I've got a pop up tent set up in the back yard, the outdoor girls get some morning light but shade most of the day. Already getting into the high 80's outside, I check on them a couple times a day cause you know soil dries so fast...

I've heard the gorilla tents are the best, I noticed you had a couple. What was that light you were showing around?

I actually only have one GG tent right now, that could change. The other tent was my brother @FelipeBlu's but he gave it to me when I gifted him a GG tent like mine. I use it for veg, drying and auto grows.

The light I was showing is the Black Diamond Perfect Sun Mini. It draws 110watts from the wall and I actually have three of them. Got them back when they were cheaper. He changed the design and increased the price quite a bit. I still feel it's a great light for the money. I really like multiple light setups. More coverage side to side and extra concentration in the center.

I'm currently making a 2 rack 4 board quantum set up for FelipeBlu and looking to make one for myself if I get a larger tent. I'll be doing a build journal for that project when I have finished and start the testing PPFD.

This is what the current grow is looking like. The curling up along the serrated edges is weird. It started as the browning on the tips.
If I may, this looks like the beginning of K def to me. And the up-curling is typically a symptom of low humidity (lower than the plant wants, at least).

Back
Top Bottom