Berry Bomb Grow

Update:
Here are the Berry Bombs @ 17 days old. Most have started putting on their 1st true leaf's. Still 2 are not advanced enough to begin veg. so I will wait a few days and see how it goes.

I am starting to see better development in the stem and it is beginning to thicken. I have had a 6" fan on them from sprout. This strain is producing some genetic conditions I would rather not have in my breeding program. There are 3 plants that I am considering, they have better color, stronger genetics, and eye appeal.
They are about 4" to 6" right now. Still under 24/0 lighting, have given 1st nutes 1 day ago.

2_7_.jpg

10205.jpg

3_5_.jpg

5_2_1.jpg

6_2_.jpg

7_1_1.jpg

8_2_.jpg

9_1_2.jpg

Wonder if I will be seeing more faults as the grow continues?

It may. I noticed some of the seeds of "Firestorm" (Pineapple Express x Grapefruit Diesel) that I've worked on had some with 4 fan leafs per node, which was really cool looking, and it only present itself during the first few weeks of veg and not after.

As far as percentage from female contribution to the genetic, it vary on the lineage of the crosses. From what I've seen most are 60/40, 50/50, 40/60 and 30/70 for female/male contribution to the gene pool. Example with the Firestorm some looked very close to the mother plant (Pineapple Express), while other had more of the father plant (Grapefruit Diesel). If the two parents are from 100% pure breed, then there can be 50/50 contribution to the pool. I'm still new to the breeding program myself wish I'm still able to grow and continue testing the genetic. Someday...

By the way, have you got the 2L DWC-H up and running?

By the way, have you got the 2L DWC-H up and running?

Well sort of. Im having problems with the bottles. I have the bottles cut and holes in. Im waiting on my coco coir order hope it gets here soon.

And I am having problems with the top part fitting correctly into the btm. I have tried 5 different bottles and the top keeps popping out or sitting crooked in the btm even with plant inside. I followed directions to the T.

Here is what else I came up with if it will work?

3_6_.jpg

2_8_.jpg

Hope the coco gets here soon! Haha
Well, you can always tape the top to the bottom piece once the top sits inside. You will never have to remove it to drain because the hempy hole will do all the draining for you. I tape them up as plants gets older some tilt the top inside when the plant grew big top heavy. Also with SOG never had to lift the top off until harvest time. The hempy hole placement placement made it possible.

Your alternative works too. Though, best to make use of the top.

Twelve12-me too. I tried another 2L bottle and it fell all the way to the btm. dont know if I will be able to help test the 2L hempy sorrrrry. They have lost my coir. I will try one with my next order of seeds.

No updates today - Tornado's near going for shelter.
See you all later

seagem when the top piece fell through and into the bottom piece it means the cut was too short. I have attached a diagram illustrate where to cut for the top piece. :Namaste:

Be safe with the tornado. I had some around my area last few weeks glad I don't grow any more some houses had the roof blown out, and that could reveal the indoor plantation.

2LDWC-H.jpg

seagem when the top piece fell through and into the bottom piece it means the cut was too short. I have attached a diagram illustrate where to cut for the top piece. :Namaste:

Be safe with the tornado. I had some around my area last few weeks glad I don't grow any more some houses had the roof blown out, and that could reveal the indoor plantation.

2LDWC-H.jpg

yepp dont like them tornado's at all, was in a box truck a few years back (struck on the hwy) and it was no fun. They're scary it was a EF5, took 23 lives and flattened the homes.

Not to sure what the problem with the 2L's are, I used your measurements and had about 1 inch left on the top before the bottle starts to curve. Something so simple gets me in the butt!!!
Maybe I need to use a different brand, just got the cheap ones. I'll try again. That was why I asked about the pint sized cottage cheese container, it can not slip down because it has a ridge around it.

Will see what happens...Thank you:thanks:

Update to Berry Bomb Grow:
April 16, 2012

Prior to the update today the seedlings seemed to be lacking a bit. So after the last photo's on day 17 I can begin to really see more of the Veg cycle producing better results.

Posted below are the best plants so far, they are coming along very well. Have continued to keep them on 1/4 strength of Blue Planet Nutrients. They will remain on 1/4 strength due to the Berry Bomb's review of not doing well with nutes.

They have lost some of their aroma at this stage and have continued to retain some of the purple color to the leaves.

4_6_.jpg

2_9_.jpg

3_7_.jpg

There is need of a more complete review on this strain, and I will try putting something together in a few days.

:morenutes:

Twelve12- Was wondering if you could help on this question, or anyone else that has knowledge of this condition.

The plant below is turning almost white on the tips and new growth coming on. Im sure it is some mineral deficiency either trace minerals or another problem. There are 2 plants currently. I noticed this a day or two ago and have been watching this.
So since you have used BPN I thought I would ask if you only use the 3 part system.
I am mixing as directed and using at diluted strength.

If you look back at some of the photos this last week Im sure you can see it.
I do not have a problem with adding other minerals but which one's and what company??

2_9_.jpg

Im using 2.5 ml per gallon BPN. No PH in the mix, they are still in the seedling mix so there is no PH in the soil and I use distilled water only.

I know there was some nute burn at first when giving the nutes. I read an article somewhere here on the site that trace minerals can cause leaves to look washed out. I need to get a better camera to show closeup's.

If you over look the tips with the nute burn and look only at the leaf and the veins you can see the difference in the color. there were 2 conditions that can cause this. I was just wondering if you had to add any other nutes or trace elements to your grows with BPN.

I gave some MG to one of the plants as a test yesterday, and after checking them this am the washed out color is almost gone.

Do you think I should increase the BPN to them babe's?

are you giving nutes with every water, people are giving say 2 feeds then next is just water on its own, doing this washes out any nutes that have built up and stops salts forming and damaging the roots, i could be wrong so dont take my word for it, id ask around first,

Welcome TM420 gald to have you in on this one...

Dpp- where have you been... missed alot...
How is your Berry Bomb doing? Have you noticed any color washout on your yet?

After giving some MG yesterday, they are looking better. I dont think there is a lockout, but I could be wrong.

I guess I need to break down and get a good PH tester, and some Coco Coir, along with hps and mh setup this next month. This is my first grow in 30 years so Im still learning and taking notes.

More pics to come tomorrow.

2.5ml is quite low with coco coir you can bump that up to 5ml or 8ml. When I used BPN no other nutrients were used except the liquid blue (bloom booster) from the same brand.

Yes you're right they have signs of being hungry, lack of food. Increase the BPN and stop using MG for now. Also when you can get yourself a pH meter, with coco you want the pH to be 5.5-5.8

Good luck! :Namaste:

Twelve12, Thanks so much. I only used the diluted amount of nutes because the information I had said Berry Bomb was sensitive to nutes. I was afraid I'd burn them up. So, now that I know what it looks like I can be aware of this. Thanks for the ph numbers.

I went onto BPN and they advise in feeding 2 times per week in soil. That sounds pretty high. Right?
TY

Twelve12- Thanks for the food issue looking great now. Think I still have a little part of whitish one plant

Here are 1 of the best so
2_11_.jpg

I gave them 5 ml. They seem to be doing better in color tones. I did not realized they would be asking for more nutes. Sometimes one must ignore information. Im hoping I can catch things like this in the next grow. I gave my son my best plant and not sure what he did to it but is is horrible looking, needless to say I have the plant back and it is trying hard to pull back from his abuse or lack of care.

Since there is little Information on the Berry Bomb I feel like I'm walking blind on this strain.

Does anyone know if I keep a male in Veg.? I dont particularly care for males but want to get a seed supply going.

Twelve12- How is your 2l research going?

5ml is good, next week bump it to 8ml or 10ml to accommodate the growth. I think you will find that Berry Bomb is easy to grow. I did not had much problem with it. The 2L research is done by volunteer, and I help answer any questions they may have on the project. So far things are looking good.

Back
Top Bottom