Besmirched1's Dirt 4th Gen White Rhino x Durban Poison Outdoor 2018

Besmirched1

G'day from FNQ (far North Queensland),

Firstly let me elaborate a little on where I am at.
I started with a White Rhino fem and Durban Poison male and have crossed and re-crossed for 4 generations. So I have achieved 2 distinct phenotypes with 4 main traits.

I have a red stem WR with strong sweet fruit aroma with tight or fluffy buds.
And a Durban with a dirty make u want to heave, but have to smell again smell with tight or fluffy buds.

OK so now that's out the way......

* Dirt; I make my own according to where the weather will be; IE good wet season ( water logged pots) dry no rain.
I use all natural manure and manure teas with no commercial products what so ever.
I recycle my last grow with new manure compost char charred bones egg shells and new dirt. The mix varies but made by hand you can't mistake that feel and smell.

I layer my pots, if it's going to be dry I'll put a layer of clay at the bottom and clay lumps through mix soil mix, and about 2inchs under where the plant is to be potted I put a hand full of chicken manure.
I work to the old adage: feed your soil not your plants.

Having said that why not feed too..

Feeding;

I mix chicken, turkey, Finch, quail and pig shit into a 20 ltr bucket with half a cup of molasses and fill with water. Add half a can of beer.

Feeding vegatative 1 ltrs dialuted in 9 ltrs every 2-3 days.
Molasses in water dialute to weak tea colour in-between days.

Feeding heading 1 ltrs dialuted in 9 ltrs.
Pig and Turkey shit same mix as for veg.
Same feeding regime with taper off in last 3 weeks.

All subject to variances in weather, plant health etc.

Photos

These are my babies in various stages for comparison.

I'll by using the few in show and grow stage and the seedlings.
Plants in show and grow went early and my light hood hasn't arrived to keep them at sexing/veg stage and it's too late to pull them out now. So I'll roll with it.
Oh, trichome photos are off my bud crispy dried and tastey as it gets.

Sure I've left heaps out but I'll expert u guys to let me know what info u want.

I grow in a bonsai, fruit tree style that allows for more crowns at an even distribution as I usually nip the "top" crown to allow back budding and for what would have formed to be spread amongst the other crowns.

So after a lovely chat with Amy, I have found time to update.

Busy busy busy I don't recommend you have 3 stages of grow plus your friends literal truck load of "trees" to be on top of. Anyway play time soon I guess.

Have had most of my main grow finish off this last full moon or in-between, wow some fast finishers that I thought had another moon in them, and as such finished a bit light but dried and cured has been wonderful to share and somke. Friend with Lupus is loving the pound hash from sugar leef and tip.

10 week olds - currently in stretch and grow phase ( re stages of heading will find reference and post).
Feeding regime every 2 days with liquid feed ( will post mixes) in between with molasses diluted in water. Odd day off depending on weather.

Looking to extend the stretch phase by 4 weeks as the light fades, using turkey manure with lots of white urea to achieve this.

Got screwed by Hydro Mart with a batwing reflector and missed light response window to turn these back from sexing to veg, and had to rely on natural light. So dealing with it.

Finishing headers- Hrmm have harvested what I thought would finish late, early. Have left what should have finished due to extra bulking and purpling.
Only thing I can attribute this to is microclimates but not complaining.

Feeding regime pretty much the same, but with targeted heading mix.

Seedlings 3 weeks old - starting to take off, just waiting on light reorder. Will go under 600 w HPS grow lush in a 2m tent for night cycle and sunshine for day until growth sufficient for heading.

To sex I use reverse light cycle change and dump 24hrs to natural light. Once showing back under 24hr for prob 6-8 weeks.

Natural manure liquid fertilizer.

Add to 20 ltr bucket, plastic is good as have lids, nitrogen rich manure fresh or composted. Water, end of beer swill, if not yeast of any form will do and molasses.

Dead things are great for this, liq blood and bone.
More it stinks better it works.

To adjust for grow phases add or start new mix with pig (heading) pot ash and some oyster shells/shell fish/fish heads.

Trialing cane toad as CSIRO did a study and found toxin breaks down to perfect plant food and if left till broken down makes a great all round bump to standard liq feed.

Think that's everything for now but I'm sure I forgot heaps.

Morning all,

I swear too many Southerners in QLD atm. Shite weather for drying, pushing dehumidifiers to the max the boom sunny no humidity and temperature spike of 10-15 Deg C ambient. Arrrrggghhhhhhh.

OK so after chasing my tail morning jobs consisted of re training the young ones and bug check.
Amy Gardner this little bugger is the one you found, haven't nailed down name but this is what it leaves behind. Check photo tag.

Have decided it's almost time to repot 10 week olds as going by the rule of as above so below, they should be almost pot bound in the Coco and perlite mix. Time for dirt.

Well off to get FUBAR and happily trim the morning away.... Once I see if my light is at the post office.
While brain is still full tilt, anyone have the gummy lollie recipe link?
Brought gummy machine.... Hrmmm could be a bad idea (points to gummy addiction).

Thanks for watching.

Sorry for crap photo but you can just see the little green bug under the leaf. Blends in almost perfectly. I look for the white crap on the stem/leaf rather than the bug. Kill bug, approach from both sides as the are cunning, and rub off white rubbish. Have found they like wound sites or leaf node breaks where I think they suck sap.

Have found boiled tomato leaf in water with rosemary helps as a spray in steering as it changes the smell and dissipates in a couple of days. Not perfect but organic and harmless.

Let's report.

Reported the 10 seekers from start mix of 1:1 Coco coir to pearlite with a handful of Turkey poo under plant.
And as I thought going by as above so below, they had filled the pot and we're not far off pot binding in a month or so.

Repot mix; mostly reused how soil, added compost, turkey poo, charchol, crushed oyster shells.
Left to sterilise in the sun and pulled out any nasties. I had cut grubs this year, new pest.

While repotting I found the perfect example of as above so below as my roots litteraly followed the lines of the 4 branches. Re photos.

So babies in new finishing off soil mix, a bit heavy of nitrogen as it's may and am aiming for August finish so need the bulk in the next few weeks. Looking on target though.

Cheers dynamo, glad to have someone in on my mutterings.

Really lucky here, at 1250ft above sea level, 80kms from coast. Mostly clear blue skies and sunny days, with some rain or drizzle

On Western side of a low hill protected from high wind, morning temps below 10 C rising to 20-28 C depending on day. Mid humidity mostly.

We do get frost but headers will be fine just gotta hood the seedlings.

On reading about keeping tolerances down by swapping THC and CBD strains, thanks sweetsue and amy Gardner, I picked my older baby refusing to finish off but thickening nicely. I have had a harvest of 14gms dry weight earlier when the top went early, but have decided to go THC side with these nice tops. Took 5 crown's, 2 were 14gms, 2 were 5 and 1 was 4, so not bad haul. Trichs all clear bar maybe 5% milky.

Repots showing signs of growth with no wilt or droop after 24 hrs and have moved to full sun.

Monster 5 hrs if debud, holy crap 5.5 pds. Thankfully I had some nice high THC from an early finisher, so blissfully on the edge of psycadellic waves when a little paranoia crept in but not nasty just what if... Then anty anxiety terps kicked and off to ttipsville again.

Thanks for the awesome advice sue and amy.

All babies in the tent under light for a 14/10 cycle, to get some bulk on.

4 weekers looking strong and healthy, most with 2-4 internodes and once outgrown pots will upsize. Will have to shut light early to sex before potting in 2 weeks.

12 week headsets going for gold shaping up nicely, feeding for veg for next 2 weeks then heading mix on lighting and repot in 2 weeks

Due to some advice on strain tolerance, I have picked some earlier than I would normally.
Been waiting on my purple pheno to amber, but I have loads of CBD dom pick and need the switch to THC to keep my levels and not over use.

Sexing has begun, the seedlings are starting to show and halfway through I have 10 female and no males, woop woop!
They went from a failing natural light cycle, 11/13 to a 14/10 under my 600 hps where they were just starting to show, to a 24/0 burst, which I'll continue for another day. This also has the effect if stressing the plant to encourage any maff to express early.
Nice full growth and have surprised me at the rate so I have ponytailed my fems to get primary laterals to try to be the new top and encourage secondary lats and hopefully thirds, ha brain won't spell the proper word.
More internodes more bud termination points and allows me to select for clones without compromising on a decent yield from the mother.
Will post photos soon with close up macros of how early I'm picking males and females.

Back
Top Bottom