Best 3x3 grow space LED

HiyaMosaicmind9x, NO! ;)

Just kidding, however you've just popped the top on huge can of worms that is CONSTANTLY being opened around here, as there is an endless amount of manufacturers of multiple technologies being used successfully (and unsuccessfully) by countless growers here and elsewhere in 3x3 tents.

I can guarantee as I type someone here's "shit Amazon blurple" is growing better weed than someone elses fancy high dollar "hand bag" brand.

Ok Ok I'll play too. I'd reccomend Mars Hydro also, I own 5 of them. I paid between $30 and $250, and they all grow great weed. I also grow great weed under Viparspectra lights and no name QB's shipped directly from from the Great Wall to my humble abode. If I had to tell you which I like the best, I would say my SP250's. If I had to tell you which is the most economical, I'd say the board I got directly from a Chinese manufacturer. If I had to tell you what lights I'm getting the best roi on, it'd be the $30 used Mars Hydro 300 blurples, by far.

You'd need two of my blurple $30's for your 3x3 but could do it with one white spec $250 and you're guaranteed to get no grief when you show off your fat buds. CHeers mate, gl in your search! :yahoo:

I’ve been recently using Mars hydro 1000 in my 32x32 tent , Plants are at day 16 showing some results if it helps at all.
E7BE7841-CE12-4001-9AE8-FFEB6728ADA9.jpeg
4BD317C2-F5C9-488F-B04B-4383EF144EE5.jpeg

UVA bands to boost THC production

I didn't know that UV-A was good for that; I thought it was only the UV-B that had potential for increasing trichomes. Time for me to go back to school, I suppose. Speaking of which, thanks for the knowledge you imparted to me in your journal thread. I am still... digesting it.

I think all of the big manufacturers that are R&Ding their own stuff are putting some UV in their full spectrum LED's these days...my Mars Hydro SP 250 specs there is "UV" but it doesn't specify which, I'm assuming UVA. I should find this out...there's a good chat going on about UV here:

You can easily (well could) pick up the run of the mill boards with some in it also, last year I bought a China express 240w QB that specs UVA 375nm as well as 660 and 730 in the reds. Funny...I have better documentation from the off brand import than the big guys!

This was also informative for me from from Black Dog LED:

Plants respond to exposure to both UVA and UVB light; different plants respond in different ways, but in general studies have shown increased production of antioxidants / flavonoids and other natural sunscreen compounds in a process called photomorphogenesis.

In Cannabis plants, exposure to UVA vs UVB light increases production of THC and CBD. There is some confusion caused by a 1987 study by John Lydon, Alan Teramura and C. Benjamin Coffman titled "UV-B Radiation Effects on Photosynthesis, Growth and Cannabinoid Production of two Cannabis sativa Chemotypes". The study grew Cannabis plants and exposed some to UVB light and others to no UV light at all, finding increased THC concentrations for the plants exposed to UVB compared to the plants not exposed to UV lights for plants at all.

Some people have interpreted this to mean that only UVB light increases the production of THC in Cannabis plants, but this study does not demonstrate that. First, the study was not designed to test exposing Cannabis plants to UVA light- only UVB or no UV at all, so nothing can be concluded from the study about whether UVA affects THC production in Cannabis. Secondly, the study's setup was flawed and really only tested whether exposing Cannabis plants to both UVB and UVA increased THC production compared to no UV light at all, because the cellulose acetate filter they used in an effort to eliminate UVA light from their broad-spectrum UV source was later shown by a different study to allow UVA light to pass through. So the original study only showed that exposure to both UVA and UVB light increased THC production compared to no UV, but not whether UVA or UVB (or the combination) was responsible.

From our own research grows, Black Dog LED has demonstrated that UVA light alone can increase THC and CBD production in Cannabis plants. The combination of UVA and UVB light (from a standard "reptile bulb" fluorescent light) also increases THC and CBD production, but the inclusion of UVB in the light has noticeable detrimental effects on plant growth compared to only UVA.

This is why we've engineered the Black Dog LED Phyto-Genesis Spectrum™ to only include UVA light, without any UVB wavelengths. The UVA still increases production of secondary metabolites such as THC, CBD, terpenes and flavonoids but without the negative effects of UVB light.

The chemistry and biology and comparative grows showed the benefit. Mars Hydro has none right now except in the visible part of the spectrum, at least from their published spectrum.

Funny...I have better documentation from the off brand import than the big guys!

The difference between a company that is afraid someone will steal proprietary information and incorporate into his/her products... and someone who has already done so, lol?

Could be that the fly-by-nighters aren't all that worried about whether the stuff they publish would pass peer-review, too, IDK.

As I always say when this particular can of worms has the lid off - please check out all our Sponsors.

They have lights for every pocket size and tent size. Many offer discounts to 420 Magazine members, and all are reputable companies.

Without them, none of us would be here. Please support those who support our mission. :thanks:

I grow in 4*3 grow spaces and I run two of these SP250's from Mars Hydro, I had previously grown with 600w HPS and thought I was getting decent yields at around 20-22oz per 4x4 tent.

I then ran the two SP's that pull 480w from the wall and yielded 23oz from 3 plants with only a 2*4 Flower canopy 18oz bud, 4oz popcorn and trim, that In itself was a huge success for my first Led grows, I currently have 6 Clones of the previous 3 plants that have covered 95% of the full 4*3 screen now so I'm expecting a good 30oz of usable bud.

Homebox Grow Tent R120 (Best tent company out there in my opinion) which also helps massively with their white walls inside.

The strain in growing is Cheese By Seedsman if anyone was wondering, its apparently a 400g per sqm.

Back
Top Bottom