Best 3x3 grow space LED

@The Physicist it says Epistar 3030 for the TSW-2000 and same for the SP-250 so I would assume same for both. Here's this also...
Capture.PNG
From this I conclude its possible it is a 405nm diode from epistar that broadens to 415nm. If you look closely at the Mars Hydro Spectrum there is a small plateau/peak around 405nm and broadens to longer wavelengths. I believe this is their "UV" source, which is not UV. Further more, the chip power wall draw is only 0.3W max. This about sums it up.

From this I conclude its possible it is a 405nm diode from epistar that broadens to 415nm. If you look closely at the Mars Hydro Spectrum there is a small plateau/peak around 405nm and broadens to longer wavelengths. I believe this is their "UV" source, which is not UV. Further more, the chip power wall draw is only 0.3W max. This about sums it up.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I can grow plants just fine but I am still learning the science behind it all little by little.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I can grow plants just fine but I am still learning the science behind it all little by little.
Its a great thing, you just want more power and broader spectrum into UVA down to 385nm and beyond preferably to boost thc production. Compare the above to natural sunlight here:

sunlight.JPG

and Hortilux CMH here:

hortilux 315 cmh.JPG

UVA diodes are costly though and hence the difference in price between various quantum boards and led boards from different companies with different spectrum.

Hortilux CMH/Budget LED/Black Dog are examples of grow lights designed for increasing resin and thc production.

Its a great thing, you just want more power and broader spectrum into UVA down to 385nm preferably to boost thc production.
UVA diodes are costly though and hence the difference in price between various quantum boards and led boards from different companies with different spectrum.

Hortilux CMH/Budget LED/Black Dog are examples of grow lights designed for increasing resin and thc production.
Have grows been done with the same clones from a plant showing that the spectrum does in fact increase?

Funny you should ask, Nebula Haze did a comparative grow between CMH (Not Hortilux so it has reduced UVA output as Hortilux specifically designed theirs without UVA reduction, and HLG non UV. There is picture evidence showing the increased resin and thc trichrome density on the nugs from CMH vs LED.

Now, Black Dog actually published a study doing the comparison of Non-UVA LED and UVA LED bars. The study is in my signature along with AgricUltras studies and list of published scientific papers as well.

Funny you should ask, Nebula Haze did a comparative grow between CMH (Not Hortilux so it has reduced UVA output as Hortilux specifically designed theirs without UVA reduction, and HLG non UV. There is picture evidence showing the increased resin and thc trichrome density on the nugs from CMH vs LED.

Now, Black Dog actually published a study doing the comparison of Non-UVA LED and UVA LED bars. The study is in my signature along with AgricUltras studies and list of published scientific papers as well.
Does density of a trichome indicate how potent in THC the plant will be though?

Great question, while the density of trichromes does not necessarily indicate higher density of THC, it does indicate there is a larger density of trichromes which homes the capability to produce more thc and terpenes when interacting with UV light. In turn this means that absolutely, the nugs with more trichromes, and under uva light will show higher THC and terpene density in the trichrome than the non UVA comparison.

So while if you put two led's head to head comparison, the one with the uva can possibly show more trichromes or the same, but the chemistry inside the trichrome allows for UVA interaction to produce more THC and terpenes.

bottom line is they use epi's ..

will never shake the fact they were the bargain basement chipset. all the cheap show stuff i worked with used epi's, the quality followed suit.

Its pretty funny when you can buy the diodes in bulk for almost a single penny each haha. This is why they are so cheap, it only costs them 4$ in leds, another 3$ for the reflectors, probably 20$ for the controller. Add that with some 5$ attachments and boom 500% market up on something that costs 32$ to make.

Overall, if you go LED know the chips they are using, and know the quality. Going to assume a lack of response from the vendor pretty much seals the deal on this debate.

Its pretty funny when you can buy the diodes in bulk for almost a single penny each haha. This is why they are so cheap, it only costs them 4$ in leds, another 3$ for the reflectors, probably 20$ for the controller. Add that with some 5$ attachments and boom 500% market up on something that costs 32$ to make.

Overall, if you go LED know the chips they are using, and know the quality. Going to assume a lack of response from the vendor pretty much seals the deal on this debate.

i think it was robe that used epi's when i was in production ... we used to get a free bag of replacement diodes if we bought a new moving head lol ...

WTF! Is this the bash Mars Hydro thread or what? We get it @The Physicist you're not reccomending Mars Hydro for this guys grow. THanks for your input.

bottom line is they use epi's ..

will never shake the fact they were the bargain basement chipset. all the cheap show stuff i worked with used epi's, the quality followed suit.
But to say you can't grow quality bud with Mars-Hydro because they use Epistar diodes is just crazy...

WTF! Is this the bash Mars Hydro thread or what? We get it @The Physicist you're not reccomending Mars Hydro for this guys grow. THanks for your input.
Not a bashing what so ever, nor did I bash anywhere. I simply asked for real specifications and got none so I did my own research to counter claims that are unfounded.

Never said anything about not achieving quality buds either. Please read what I write. I have no opinion only facts.

If I don’t do that, then you have another case of the blind following the blind off a cliff.

But to say you can't grow quality bud with Mars-Hydro because they use Epistar diodes is just crazy...

chipset / driver / build quality. all that matters. they run a second or third on any given parameter.

i build my own lights. i simply wouldn't build with that particular set of components.

i can only go by my experience. epistars are an emitter. they work like an emitter. a less than efficient emitter that does not last as well as others and runs hotter due to it's manufacturing level. all of that i can attest to.

mars build lights with other emitters as well. some better, some worse. it all depends on what was cheap that week or who was selling seconds.

will they grow weed ? - sure definitely. will it grow decent weed ? - i'd say probably so, given what i know of the individual components. is it worth the ask ?- maybe (ish).

i just know i can personally do better on a couple different levels. all while feeling much better about what i am contributing.

Back
Top Bottom